A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Kevin Ogletree of all people to have the biggest impact. :lol:
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Witten is just hurting this team, getting tossed aside like nothing by jpp
Posted Image

#23 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Tony Romo worst play clock management in all of football.
Posted Image

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Tony Romo worst play clock management in all of football.

You're not watching right....if you see him before EVERY snap he knows he has a sh!t line and he's going OUT OF HIS WAY to make sure the protection is right, and THAT'S what is leading to the delay of game crap.....he's really doing it all out there....this is an MVP type performance....(yes it's only Game 1.....)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Romo has been awesome, can't really say any more than that. Running game really came alive in the 2nd half too.

Victor Cruz has the drops tonight.

Barring something insane, big first win for Dallas.

Edited by nmigliore, 05 September 2012 - 10:15 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Romo made a star out of a scrub in Laurent Robinson last year, and now he's doing it again with Ogletree. At least Miles Austin (another guy that came out of nowhere to be a #1) finally showed up, I thought he blew another tire when Ogletree started putting up these great numbers.

Romo has been awesome, can't really say any more than that. Running game really came alive in the 2nd half too.

Victor Cruz has the drops tonight.

Barring something insane, big first win for Dallas.

Insane? Like what happened last year in Dallas? There's still too much time left.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Insane? Like what happened last year in Dallas? There's still too much time left.

I'd be pretty stunned if they blew a 2-TD lead with less than 3.5 minutes to play. I know it happened last year, but how often does that happen?

By the way, totally sorry if I jinx you Cowboys fans. :P

Edited by nmigliore, 05 September 2012 - 10:24 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#28 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

heeeeeeeeere comes the nfl's luckiest team
Posted Image

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

I'd be pretty stunned if they blew a 2-TD lead with less than 3.5 minutes to play. I know it happened last year, but how often does that happen?

Be ready to eat a Stone Cold Stunner son....here it comes.......

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Well there's one TD, and Martellus Bennett gets to do a shimmy. Giants still have two timeouts and the two-minute warning, it's very possible.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#31 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

hooooooooooooolding cowboys = undisciplined
Posted Image

#32 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Haha Kevin Ogletree with a HUGE catch on 3rd and long. Pretty fitting considering the game he's had.

Crash you can relax now; no stone cold stunner for me. :D

Edited by nmigliore, 05 September 2012 - 10:32 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

And Romo to Ogletree finally ends it after another stupid penalty pushes it back to 3rd and 10.

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Haha Kevin Ogletree with a HUGE catch on 3rd and long. Pretty fitting considering the game he's had.

Crash you can relax now; no stone cold stunner for me. :D

I don't mind being wrong....but how in the bloody blue hell did THIS happen??

The secondary does look pretty awesome I gotta say....and Murray closed it out BIG TIME.....WOW!!!!!

That really happened right??
I'm not turning off Madden now???

#35 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

giants aren't much to write home about when they're not getting a million different breaks/miracles go there way during the game. Though the refs desperately tried to hand them the game
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't mind being wrong....but how in the bloody blue hell did THIS happen??

Everybody boasts about the Giants' pass-rush but the rest of that defense isn't that great and the Cowboys DO have some pretty sweet weapons on offense (Murray looks like a massive steal for a 3rd rounder). They'll be very tough to stop when Romo is locked in like he was tonight. I was more surprised by Dallas' defensive effort. Keeping NY out of the endzone after the lone INT by Romo, where the Giants started on the 2-yard line, was very impressive.

Edited by nmigliore, 05 September 2012 - 10:51 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#37 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

Had a feeling the Giants were going to lose this one going in...just seems to be their MO, the kind of game they lose. But they'll win their 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs and throw a major scare into every team they face come playoff time. As we saw in both recent Super Bowl runs, they can look like a "meh" kind of team for multiple games.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#38 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I don't want to sound like a sore loser but I had a bad feeling coming into this game and a worse feeling leaving it. Social media has been terrible with fake fans saying all kinds of stupid stuff. Bottom line is the left side of the offensive line is HORRIBLE. Kevin Boothe leads the charge and the Giants are going to have a long season if he needs to start 16 games. The dude can't even get to the second level without tripping over his own feet.

The run game scheme was just as bad. I get that the Cowboys are pretty quick with their ends, but don't pull the playside guard (who was none other than Kevin Boothe, a lot of the time) to try and log one of the ends or backers.

If the Giants are going to be a 10 win team, they are going to need to work from shotgun a lot. Keep Wilson and Bradshaw in for help on the leftside if need be. Run the two minute offense because that is where Eli shines brighter than any quarterback in the league, doe.

On defense, I'd like to see more of Herzlich. Blackburn is one of my favorite players but he was slow on run support all night. When you have sh!tty corners, stick them man on man with help over the top and inside. You cannot play cover 2 and be looking in at the quarterback. Just terrible scheming. Bump and run and bring pressure. You have no choice when your secondary is that depleted. Better off to gamble and hope sack/int rather than be slowly killed down the field because your corners cannot stop a damn slant. TAKE AWAY THE DAMN INSIDE.

#39 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

This was too good not to post here. Best ESPN commercial in a LONG time. Enjoy.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#40 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I love that the best ESPN commercial ever comes up blank considering how much I despise ESPN :lol:

And speaking of people I love seeing take it to the face....I'm BEYOND THRILLED that Roger Goodell and his idiot witch hunt with the stupid bounty saga took one right between the eyes with the Judge giving his appeal to the Saints players :boogie:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users