Matteau Matt..no

BigZ

These are philosophical differences. 

If you don't like the way Lou does things you have 29 other philosophies you can go with. You like what you like.  Who cares if you're from NJ?  Just go find a team you think is swell and post on their board then OK? 

or, you know, bitch incessantly and argue moot points all day -- whaddoIcare? 

These are philosophical differences. 

If you don't like the way Lou does things you have 29 other philosophies you can go with. You like what you like.  Who cares if you're from NJ?  Just go find a team you think is swell and post on their board then OK? 

or, you know, bitch incessantly and argue moot points all day -- whaddoIcare? 

Those 29 other GM's usually have to answer to someone.

Lou is locked into his position no matter how much he succeeds or screws up.

THATS the philosophical difference.

It's rather foolish to compare the drafting situations of Merrill and Matteau, isn't it?

Merrill was considered a "risky" steal that dropped into the second round (Devils didn't have their first that year, sent it to Atlanta for Kovy).

Matteau was the 29th pick in an unimpressive draft year. No special hype or issues, just a late pick. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Lou does have to answer to someone. So does Holland in Detroit for that matter. Difference being their past gives them a lot of rope. GM'ing in the NHL is like an old boys' network anyway. Darcy's been in Buffalo forever without winning a thing. Same with Poile. Rutherford's been in Carolina forever, Sather in NY, etc.

Lou does have to answer to someone. So does Holland in Detroit for that matter. Difference being their past gives them a lot of rope. GM'ing in the NHL is like an old boys' network anyway. Darcy's been in Buffalo forever without winning a thing. Same with Poile. Rutherford's been in Carolina forever, Sather in NY, etc.

Some have more rope than others, but Lou has it locked up completely and have no been in their positions as long as Lou has.

Not talking about Matteau being a bust, but for Lou not giving up that pick.

The whole "In Lou We Trust" is now nonsense.  He has been losing it for a few years now.

I agree this was another mis-step for Lou.  Picking second to last seemed like a SLAM DUNK to forfeit the pick....

That's not the philosophical difference I'm referring to.

I like how Lou runs things.  I agree with most of his moves and understand those I think are sort of crap. I'd prefer he answer to no one (though I do not agree with you on that). 

That's why I'm a Devils fan.

You think his philosophy sucks.  So go root for a different team.  Especially because you think the guy answers to no one.  Why are you wasting your time and mental energy?

per TG

Devils' 2012 1st rd pick Stefan Matteau has been released by Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL) for behavior "unacceptable to our organization"

That's not the philosophical difference I'm referring to.

I like how Lou runs things.  I agree with most of his moves and understand those I think are sort of crap. I'd prefer he answer to no one (though I do not agree with you on that). 

That's why I'm a Devils fan.

You think his philosophy sucks.  So go root for a different team.  Especially because you think the guy answers to no one.  Why are you wasting your time and mental energy?

Well thats a bit extreme... you can hate the way Steve Jobs use to market or do things... you can still LOVE everything about the iphone... 

per TG

Devils' 2012 1st rd pick Stefan Matteau has been released by Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL) for behavior "unacceptable to our organization"

Well thats a bit extreme... you can hate the way Steve Jobs use to market or do things... you can still LOVE everything about the iphone... 

A hockey team is not an inanimate iphone.

I find it difficult to believe that Devils84 enjoys the product output of these specific hockey players put together and guided by the specific hockey philosophy espoused by Lou Lamoriello.

His posts have, in fact, lead me to believe quite the opposite.  Perhaps this is a geographic loyalty he's clinging to?  Perhaps it is a love based on something as mundane as uniforms.

In any event.  It is clearly not Devils hockey he is enamored of - thus I would prefer that he, though I cannot make him, follow a team who's product he does enjoy.  Or start posting in a manner more congruous to that of a true Devils fan - a fan of "Devils hockey."

(above to be read in Spock's voice please -- I'm very into Star trek and my daughter is in love with Spock and makes me talk like him all the time now.. I'm afraid it's beginning to stick.)

Trade trade trade!

his value is nothing more than a throw in to a larger deal.

if i'm lou, i get him in NJ tomorrow (assuming that him playing the last 3 games don't do anything towards his UFA date). if he doesn't play, i still want him around professionals, practicing and for Lou to speak with him.

this is a no brainer to me

• Like 1

his value is nothing more than a throw in to a larger deal.

if i'm lou, i get him in NJ tomorrow (assuming that him playing the last 3 games don't do anything towards his UFA date). if he doesn't play, i still want him around professionals, practicing and for Lou to speak with him.

this is a no brainer to me

he wouldnt be able to play until his Q team is eliminated though

A hockey team is not an inanimate iphone.

I find it difficult to believe that Devils84 enjoys the product output of these specific hockey players put together and guided by the specific hockey philosophy espoused by Lou Lamoriello.

His posts have, in fact, lead me to believe quite the opposite. Perhaps this is a geographic loyalty he's clinging to? Perhaps it is a love based on something as mundane as uniforms.

In any event. It is clearly not Devils hockey he is enamored of - thus I would prefer that he, though I cannot make him, follow a team who's product he does enjoy. Or start posting in a manner more congruous to that of a true Devils fan - a fan of "Devils hockey."

(above to be read in Spock's voice please -- I'm very into Star trek and my daughter is in love with Spock and makes me talk like him all the time now.. I'm afraid it's beginning to stick.)

Every time I reply to one of your dumb posts I have a feeling I will get a response like this and I was right again. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

Go ahead and make all the assumptions you like about why I like the devils. I will make the assumption that you are a sad, sad woman who has nothing better to do all day than to write half page long ramblings on a nj devils message board and obsess over Stevens that is neither funny or clever.

I've said my peace and do not want reply to any of your posts again until I forget and do respond during a very brief moment of insanity.

Every time I reply to one of your dumb posts I have a feeling I will get a response like this and I was right again. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

Go ahead and make all the assumptions you like about why I like the devils. I will make the assumption that you are a sad, sad woman who has nothing better to do all day than to write half page long ramblings on a nj devils message board and obsess over Stevens that is neither funny or clever.

I've said my peace and do not want reply to any of your posts again until I forget and do respond during a very brief moment of insanity.

Haha!   No matter how superior you try to sound it's obvious: You have no answer!

Langue31.gif You admit defeat!  You're wrong, You're wrong Langue31.gif

giggle.gif

Oh and I wasn't responding to you  in your quoted post  - wrong again!  Not your day, li'l fella.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I don't think this really that big of a deal. He's young. I'm pretty sure the actions of an 18 year old do not define their whole career.

Stevens had a pretty bad attitude as a younger guy, for example.

18-year-olds tend to be adults in age and for legal reasons only.  Young people sometimes don't get it and screw up because of it.  Doesn't mean that they can't learn, grow, and mature from their mistakes, or that they won't ever grow up. 

I'm guessing Lou will give him a stern father-to-son like talking to, and hopefully that helps.   

ruh-roh.

Rich Chere

@Ledger_NJDevils

Lamoriello has spoken to the junior team's GM and said: "We have a situation. You never like to hear something like this."

What Matteau did was either really bad or he's not a good enough player for Lou to look the other way.  With Merrill you had two separate incidents, one before the draft and one at Michigan.  Each time, Lou said something to the effect that he was aware of the issue, but that it didn't effect what the Devils thought of him.  The tone is a lot different here. 

I pray that the Devils are either a good team next year or that they somehow have a plan to successfully challenge the penalty.