GDT: NJ Devils @ FL Panthers - 7:30pm - MSG+2

Colin226

Larson should be up in the big leagues. That's what should be taken from tonight. Also we probably just killed our chances at the playoffs.

If they win tomorrow we'll somewhat forget tonight. 

I have to imagine that Schneider's confidence is shot right now. Horrible time for a slump. Really sucks that 2 of the most defensively sound players on the team had horrible turnovers that left him out to dry. I like how everyone in the thread is acting like Fayne is Kurtis Foster now. You know, sometimes good players make bad plays...look at Elias tonight.

Michael Ryder has now gone 21 games without a goal, awesome.

Typical...crapping out when they can win three in a row.  Crapping out when they have a chance to get back in the top eight.  And crapping out with Cory in net.  I swear this team is like a bad version of Groundhog Day.

Pretty much sums it up. I don't think I've ever disliked a Devils team as much as this one.

3-1 lead.

Fayne with a moronic turnover for 3-3.

Schneider with a Schneider Classic for 4-3.

Game set match season. over.

Don't forget that nice rebound on a Gomez shot that went back to Gomez who passed it to an open shooter because our D was all clusterfvcked to lead to 3-2.

Ah, so I get the gist that we just plain sucked. Good to hear. I don't want to say, "Tommmorow = season" but it's getting ever closer to that.

The season was tonight.  There's no way in hell they're winning tomorrow after the spectacular way we blew this.  People can say Marty magic will take over but Marty was in net LAST year when we blew back-to-back games in Florida.

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

Ehhhh that yankee stadium game still hurts 7x more..lol

That was just a sideshow...this was actually the worst loss of the season. Worse even than the Columbus and Edmonton disasters and that's saying something.  At least those games were early in the season.

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

If Marty was in net we would have held the lead...it's become that kind of season right now where Cory's become a bad luck charm.