GDT: New Jersey Gionta @ Montreal Gionta

Coorslight

7 out of 8 points. I'll take that.

I think to a fan, we all would've signed up for that. 3-0-1 is a nice start.

That was a total bullsh!t penalty. I'm glad ou guys saw it too. WTF? You can't have your stick in your hand if you take someone down - what I saw was a clean take down with his arm. BUT -- maybe it's not fair... maybe you're not allowed to cut a guy off. Or you can trip arm to chest. It felt like a home team call to me though. This stream is OK -- I have to watch with the sound off... no one has patience for hockey here any more... :(

I was finding the D interesting. Nto wind up monkey -- where did you get that? Put more thought in so your analogies mean somethign more to me (it's all about me after all). They (the D) dont seem established yet. Sort of like --- they're kind of there... things are happening - sort of tailoring... for me right now -- it's all far apart but it's all in the right place and it' being slowly pulled in to fit together absolutely correctly. It's so of annoying I want to jam it all in place NOW. Or let them flounder until it can all come together at once smoosh... but no.. it's all slow and I dont know! barnie.gif

For all that Sal does that drives me nuts... I think he's easy for Marty to read maybe. I think he's working well with Marty - makes Marty feel better, more secure. I may be reading it all wrong but for all I see or feel like is not working, I see how it is indeed working. Who gives a sh!t how I feel if it's working for Marty. seriously. I mean that.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Stealing a point or not, that ending really sucked. sh!tty friggen call. Only caught the third, and it wasn't pretty.

Some really lazy clearing attempts (both by Clarkson) have led to two goals against this year.

Didn't like the 3-on-1 in OT. With that kind of odd man rush, you've got to move the puck.

Edited by devilsrule33

Stealing a point or not, that ending really sucked. sh!tty friggen call. Only caught the third, and it wasn't pretty.

Some really lazy clearing attempts (both by Clarkson) have led to two goals against this year.

The whole game was like that... Most of the team was a part of it too.

Was happy with getting one point UNTIL that dive by cole. Did not want to lose off of a bullsh!t play like that. The refs have been absolutely brutal these past two games.

This whole season it seems like the refs are calling EVERYTHING. Since the flyers game it seems there is nothing but a steady march to the penalty box for both teams.

Well, I gotta say, it hasn't mattered too much in the first few but man could we use a bit of scoring depth. It seems like every team is lighting the lamp in a big way this season and we just don't have the talent to and that could become a serious problem as teams get going a bit more. Our third line has been just about worthless this season because they shouldn't be a third line. It worries me a little how invisible the CBGB line has become.

That being said, very glad to get a point out of that game at all with how sloppy they looked.

Edited by PWW

Refs were just terrible this game. Bad call to end the game, but Prust better get suspended on the elbow on volchenkov. Looked just like this one..

http://video.nhl.com...bed-share-video

Well, I gotta say, it hasn't mattered too much in the first few but man could we use a bit of scoring depth. It seems like every team is lighting the lamp in a big way this season and we just don't have the talent to and that could become a serious problem as teams get going a bit more. Our third line has been just about worthless this season because they shouldn't be a third line. It worries me a little how invisible the CBGB line has become.

That being said, very glad to get a point out of that game at all with how sloppy they looked.

I think the CBGB line was one of the better ones tonight

Edited by socbrian

Didn't like the 3-on-1 in OT. With that kind of odd man rush, you've got to move the puck.

I could have sworn the bad clear at the beginning of the third was Josefson?

Today despite the whole team playing bad I think that the lack of scoring forwards was very clear. Kovy didn't have a good game and it immediately looked like half of our attack was not there. Elias, Zajac, Zubrus and Clarkson were all decent, but it wasn't enough.

We need a top 6 forward. Even with Henrique in the lineup we will need one.

Other than that, the whole team was sloppy especially in our end. I can't put a number on how many times we gave the puck to Montreal.

Now I'm going to have to take sh!t from all the HABS fan for a week or so. :glare: Still we played so bad and they played the best they've played in a while IMO and we still got the point our of them.

Edited by SS-SS

This whole season it seems like the refs are calling EVERYTHING. Since the flyers game it seems there is nothing but a steady march to the penalty box for both teams.

Bettman and Co totally are sold on the idea that more penalties means more offense, therefore more viewership. Like I've said before, penalties were down to their lowest point in like a decade or something. Take a look at NHL.com. They have an article talking about how penalties are up now. I'm sure the Refs have a directive to play everything close in the interest of "making the game more exciting." Plus, they keep adding more stupid penalties every off-season. This season if you put your hand over the puck anywhere it's a penalty.

Everything...except diving :P It's especially galling when it's a guy who's a known diver.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Everything...except diving :P It's especially galling when it's a guy who's a known diver.

All the hockey guys on my twitter are evn saying that was a brutal call.

Speaking of brutal calls, please someone post the video of al trautwig brutal call freak out from last year. I think it is very appropriate now.

Erik Cole: diver, cheap shot artist, spoiled millionaire. For a guy who came back from a broken neck he is really unlikeable.

he's been doing that sh!t since Carolina. Huge diver and a dirty player

Another reason I hate that organization. They breed divers like no other team.

Was happy with getting one point UNTIL that dive by cole. Did not want to lose off of a bullsh!t play like that. The refs have been absolutely brutal these past two games.

Same here, I would've been fine walking away with 1 point if the game didn't end because of a horrible call.