A Demographics Poll!: Devils or Rangers

Derlique

43 members have voted

1. 1. Breakdown of fandom

• Mix- 60-40% in either direction
    • Mostly NJ - >60%
    • Mostly NYR- >60%

In my 25 years in Hunterdon county I have encountered more Devils fans.  There are RanJuh fans.  Mostly you hear from them when the team is in the playoffs.  Last week in the Shoprite I saw a man with brandy new NYR clothing on right down to his sneakers and socks.  I told him he forgot to take the price tag off his shirt and cap.  Yes, they were still attached.  :P

Grew up in Westfield, Union County. By the time I graduated high school, in 1992, I'd say there were more Rangers fans. 70/30. Hell there even more Flyers fans than Devils fans. Couldn't tell you the numbers now though.

I didn't vote though because that information is basically useless now.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I work in Glen Rock and its basically all NYC yuppie commuter Ranger "fans" and their spawn running around in zuccarello tshirts.  Most of my friends from town are Devils fans and a bunch of people I grew up with in Hawthorne were big devils fans too. My brothers pee-wee hockey coach in Hawthorne was a ranger fan and so was more than half of the families of other kids.  I think the more middle-class the town, the more likely they will be devils fans

Went to Millburn High School, Essex County from 1993-1997. Not a lot of people followed hockey, but those that did, in my class anyway, something like 75 to 80 percent Devils fans. Seem to recall that there were more Ranger fans in the class ahead of me, not sure if there was any rhyme or reason to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in Westchester and I know 5 total. No one even talked about the Rangers until 2011-2012 season around here.

what really pisses me off is the amount of people who really consider themselves fans but you dont hear a single peep about hockey out of them at all until the rangers playoffs start..ive seen a bunch of that on facebook and i just want to tell people to can it already..people that probably cant name 5 players on the team.

This is the Rangers 3rd trip to the Eastern Conference Finals since 2012.. and I'm actually quite astonished how many Devil fans live by me. I live in Caldwell, Essex County.. and had assumed that the Rags would have more bandwagoners over these last 3 years. But I'm pleasantly surprised how DEVIL strong my area is.

Sussex County here, most northwest county, you would think it would be more devils fans, but going by my hockey team it is 60% Rangers Fans, especially now

I've spent enough time in Sussex to know that's firmly Devils country. Your teammates sound like a bunch of front runners.

I can't imagine any geographic region in New Jersey being majority Rangers. They have those fan maps which are pretty popular, which people give their zip or town and choose the teams they follow. The areas in what we consider the Devils territory in New Jersey is represented as such on those maps.

I'm in ocean county, and while hockey isn't the biggest thing, it's a strong majority Devils fans. Rangers fans are a minority, and for every one we know, there's some kind of explanation. Oh they were from New York, their parents were old Rangers fans, something. There are a handful of flyers fans, too, and the same deal there. It's actually somewhat surprising considering all the NY transplants down here. Southern ocean county starts to shift towards predominantly Phillies fans (I see a heavier mix of eagles/giants in the whole county, and basketball might as well not exist at the pro level), but hockey fans are few and far between in that arts. I used to work in manahawkin, and people would look at me like I was nuts when I'd talk about hockey.

I've spent enough time in Sussex to know that's firmly Devils country. Your teammates sound like a bunch of front runners.

Some are, couple are hard core.  I think its just so much more noticeable lately with the Rangers in the playoffs, every time I go out to a store I see some schmuck in a rangers shirt or hat, I get so damn pissed off.  I feel like every time I go out I see at least 1, pisses me off.

Grew up in central Jersey (near Princeton), and I gotta say it's probably an equal split between the Rags, Flyers, and Devils.

Actually, I take that back.  Estimating, I'd say 50% Flyers, 30% Devils, 20% Rags.

Sucks, but I was definitely among mostly Flyers fans growing up.

Grew up in central Jersey (near Princeton), and I gotta say it's probably an equal split between the Rags, Flyers, and Devils.

Actually, I take that back.  Estimating, I'd say 50% Flyers, 30% Devils, 20% Rags.

Sucks, but I was definitely among mostly Flyers fans growing up.

I feel you there, i live in philly.  which brings up a question that you might be able to shed light on. 

seeing that you live around all three fan bases, would you say that one is worse than the other?  I really only experience flyer fans, but its just hard for me to picture Ranger fans being worse than them