2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

I donot think tonights ganme affects the trade, but you are right...

Your trade, no... but it could create issues. Also, if a player is playing Thursday this trade would have been effective for week 11, not 10.

Fortunately though we are quickly reaching the trade deadline.

But, trading players also notoriously messes with set rosters.

Just so long as you get your trade through, believe me that's not a definite after the AP-Brees fiasco a couple years ago.

It's always been two days though, and two days isn't a lot of time in the middle of the week. And it helps in the case of legit questionable trades.

That said, I do it the other way in hockey (speaking of which, it's gonna be tough to put together a big league this year and have a draft that most can make), only asking the manager his reason for a trade if I don't like it.

I don't think there's any fault in the four vote overturn a trade system though...unless teams reject trades for selfish reasons only ala said controversial trade a couple years back.

Just so long as you get your trade through, believe me that's not a definite after the AP-Brees fiasco a couple years ago.

It's always been two days though, and two days isn't a lot of time in the middle of the week. And it helps in the case of legit questionable trades.

That said, I do it the other way in hockey (speaking of which, it's gonna be tough to put together a big league this year and have a draft that most can make), only asking the manager his reason for a trade if I don't like it.

I don't think there's any fault in the four vote overturn a trade system though...unless teams reject trades for selfish reasons only ala said controversial trade a couple years back.

I think its different in football though (the delay). It's a weekly sport... and when games were just Sunday/Monday it was different. Having a Thursday game screws with it a bit. Say a need becomes apparent on Monday night (ie an injury). You need to complete a trade on Tuesday (I think... perhaps even Monday?) if any player involved is playing on Thursday, or it would get pushed to the following week for effective date.

It's not a pressing concern, but as always... I like to address things before they become pressing... I know Crasher likes to deal with it in the moment.

In this case, it's unlikely to matter as we are nearing the deadline. But perhaps, next year we should adopt Hasan's style. GM approved following up on questionable trades, etc. So if a trade is legit, to push it right away... so everyone can get their players, set rosters, etc.

This happens in my money league too....it's a smaller issue then you'd think....again, we can always vote on the trade process time in the off-season :)

(it would be unfair to change that after 10 weeks anyway mid-season)

the best one was I got "stuck" with Jamaal Charles last week....he did stink and I did play him....but he got hurt in the 4th Quarter and I still feel all the better getting the Redskin back for the rest of the season B )

But perhaps, next year we should adopt Hasan's style. GM approved following up on questionable trades, etc. So if a trade is legit, to push it right away... so everyone can get their players, set rosters, etc.

This happens in my money league too....it's a smaller issue then you'd think....again, we can always vote on the trade process time in the off-season :)

As I said, next year. And agreed, it only affects trades if any of the players are in Thursday games... It cuts the trade window a bit.

And if it's a vote... make it Boolean like. Not the 3-4 choice options that confuse the topic.

Edited by aylbert

I'm sur we can get it done, I love that league so it has to happen!!

Oh, there'll be a hockey league. It probably won't be 16-20 teams with the limited time we'll likely have from the end of the lockout (assuming that happens) till the start of the regular season to recruit. The draft would likely be the night before the season to allow enough time to fill up the league as much as possible.

The options SHOULD be simple:

1 day

2 days

Commish approval

(I REALLY dislike option 3 personally, but I'll put it out there)

That's what I'm talking about what shouldn't happen.

It should be:

1: league vote

2: Commish approve

Then if 1 wins, you do the duration vote.

Oh, there'll be a hockey league. It probably won't be 16-20 teams with the limited time we'll likely have from the end of the lockout (assuming that happens) till the start of the regular season to recruit. The draft would likely be the night before the season to allow enough time to fill up the league as much as possible.

Great., lets get it set up, I/m confident this will get worked out!!

Why make two votes when I can make one?

I'm not the gov't, I'd prefer to be done with it in ONE vote, instead of extending the process

#efficiency

You are the government... you're muddling up the vote by not making it simplistic and straight forward. By having 3 options, you are dividing those who want a user vote (1 or 2 days)... I felt screwed over last time we had a vote that way. Your current suggestion favors my view; but that's not the point.

And none of this matters right now, so whatever :)

Kinda glad that I put up so many points if everything happens and we have 7 5-5 teams. lol. 4th highest scoring in the league having no RBs is an odd feeling to say the least. And it hasn't been all Rodgers either. Vincent JAckson has surpsied me quite a bit this year

It should be an interesting matchup; as I was 5th (30pts back) and already had my big byes.

This has been my most complete team in this league... which is why I was shocked to see my team start off so poorly. Matt Ryan at QB, with Foster/Martin at RB... I can't ask for anything better than that (Reasonably).

My other skill slots aren't too shabby either with decent receivers in Wallace, Bryant, Crabtree and Gates/Witten/Miller at TE... I wish I had another skilled RB besides an injured handcuff (Tate). Peyton Hillis was supposed to be that guy for me - at least in my head.

Best of luck today! Glad to see your roster was set properly before this sh!tty yahoo outage.

Anyone looking for a TE before the deadline? I have three (Gates, Witten, Heath Miller) decent options and looking to possibly move one for RB depth.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another big week of matchups with playoff implications. There are are five 5-5 teams (ranging in 869.34-1044.00 pts) occupying #5-9 spots. There could be a lot of movement throughout the top 11 teams with only Masked firmly out.

#1 Dynamo Nations (7-3, 1100.18) vs #3 New Jersey Swamps (6-4, 1083.64)

Dynamo is coming off a loss posting 90.44, vs Swamps 102.76 outing... If Swamps wins (by 18pts or so), he has the potential to leap frog into first over Dynamo and Wack MC to first if they both lose. With AP out on bye, Dyanmo has an opportunity to hit Swamp hard and hold him off.

#2 Wack MCs (7-3, 999.52) vs #12 Masked Marauders (1-9, 900.80)

Major upset potential with Wack MC's facing a bye week nightmare of having zero RB's on his active roster with Bradshaw/Lynch on bye and no backups. If DeMarco Murray returns for Masked, it could get get very interesting as a spoiler. Fortunately for Wack MC, he can afford a loss and stay in the playoffs, but risks losing the playoff bye.

#4 DR (6-4, 1053.46) vs #8 Waiver Wire Whining (5-5,928.40)

Waiver Wire is knocking on the door of the playoffs. With Big Ben a question mark, I'd imagine its RG3 vs Air Brees. No major byes affecting this contest, but DR will need to pickup a TE to cover for Jared Cook... as Fred Davis is on IR. This will be a good match to keep an eye on for playoff implications.

#5 Sworn Defenders (5-5, 1025.04) vs #7 MantaRavens (5-5, 930.86)

A very key bottom half playoff spot matchup. SD and Manta had a draft trade which wound up being Manta receiving Jimmy Graham for Doug Martin and Dez Bryant. SD has been relying heavily on the large performances of Martin of late in a 3 game win streak bringing the team from 2-5 to 5-5. With a concussed Vick, there really is little doubt that Flacco will be the guy. Flacco/Smith combo faces the Steelers this week.

#6 Long Island Iced Z (5-5, 1005.80) vs #11 Value=Repeat!!!!! (4-6, 822.98)

After a disappointing week by both clubs, Iced Z looks to stay in the top 6, while Value seeks to keep a small hope/spoiler role going - a loss likely knocking him out given wins and points total. Value has a QB dilemma as his options currently are failing him (Tannehill posted an inexcusable -.34 pts, while Schaub posted 3.6pts). Iced Z gets the deadly Rogers/Nelson combo back and should have a very strong bounce back week point wise.

#9 Big Blue (5-5, 869.34) vs #10 LOTCB (4-6, 986.76)

Big Blue, having the hardest schedule in terms of total points against (1071.94) heads into the week with bye week holes. Josh Freeman in for Eli Manning, and likely Robert Meachem in for Percy Harvin/Nate Washington. LOTCB also has some serious holes, losing a re-emerging Chris Johnson and his current #3 wideout, Hakeem Nicks. Likely Sproles and Santana Moss fill in. A loss for either team likely eliminates them realistically from the playoffs given their wins (LOTCB) or point totals (Big Blue))

Edited by aylbert

#2 Wack MCs (7-3, 999.52) vs #12 Masked Marauders (1-9, 900.80)

Major upset potential with Wack MC's facing a bye week nightmare of having zero RB's on his active roster with Bradshaw/Lynch on bye and no backups. If DeMarco Murray returns for Masked, it could get get very interesting as a spoiler. Fortunately for Wack MC, he can afford a loss and stay in the playoffs, but risks losing the playoff bye.

lol you really did your research for these, I just looked ahead at the schedule and saw RSC playing Masked and figured it would be an easy win for him and I'd be playing for second place this week with red.

Putting in Ridley at RB from Flex isn't a bad 'sub' for AP but this is one of those weeks where not having Jennings might kill me, I could have at least put him at Flex with Wayne and Austin as my unquestioned WR's, now I have unappealing Flex options this week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol you really did your research for these, I just looked ahead at the schedule and saw RSC playing Masked and figured it would be an easy win for him and I'd be playing for second place this week with red.

Putting in Ridley at RB from Flex isn't a bad 'sub' for AP but this is one of those weeks where not having Jennings might kill me, I could have at least put him at Flex with Wayne and Austin as my unquestioned WR's, now I have unappealing Flex options this week.

Not bad at all... but possibly a 5-10 pt swing would be huge in that match. I want nothing to do with either of you two.

I narrowly escaped you with an ungodly performance from Martin (and a painful omission by me with Foster on the bench)... and Red laid a 172.68 pt smack down on me.

Yeah, my running back situation the week should be interesting. I just picked up Woodhead, Reece, and Rodgers. It looks like McFadden and Goodson won't go again for Oakland, so that means Reece will probably be good for 7-10 points this week. Woodhead is an enigma, if he can get me 7, I'll be happy. Hopefully the rest of my team decides to go off this week to compensate for my likely lack of production at RB.

Love this Ayl!!!! Great writie-up just echoling Crashers week by week NFL synopsis.

I anticipated Vick getting hurt at some time this season, which is why I picked my boy Flacco.

Should be a very interesting race as I don't think anyone is out. Red's dependance on the Chicago D is going to be tested without Cutler being about to allow them to rest for extended periods.