Snow Wed...

LaCava83

Yeah, I live in East Brunswick and it's pretty much the worst place in Jersey to live for train access. Edison and New Brunswick suck. We usually drive to MetroPark but by then you're nearly to Newark and it's $5 to park plus the train ticket...

I used to live across the street from Metropark, you can just park at the apartments across the street from QuickChek down the street, or you can park on one of the residential side streets up the hill on the other side of Rt. 27 by the Shell station. Sometimes I still take the train from Metropark and that's what I always do.

I'm pretty sure my friend and I are gonna go get ten dollar tix tomorrow (sorry, crash, thanks for the offer, though), assuming NJ Transit doesn't have an epic fail since I'm pretty sure neither of us want to drive to Newark in the snow.

Think there could be a possible postponement? I understand the teams are going to be able to get there no problem, but the storm is supposed to get progressively worse throughout the day tomorrow. There's no way the law enforcement and the dept of public works can plow all the streets and lots.

What about if the Gov declares a state of emergency?

I smell PR Nightmare #2 of the year coming up for the Devils. There is a good chance a state of emergency is declared....and if they play the game anyway....messy, messy.

Oh please, what are the Devils supposed to do about that? The NHL isn't going to let them cancel the game just because it's an inconvenience to fans. Both teams are in Jersey already, so long as they and the refs can get to the arena they'll play and they should.

Now what (if anything) the Devils do afterward if there's a 3000 crowd there is a horse of a different color. I doubt they'll do a free ticket thing again, unless they extend it to next year.

Oh please, what are the Devils supposed to do about that? The NHL isn't going to let them cancel the game just because it's an inconvenience to fans. Both teams are in Jersey already, so long as they and the refs can get to the arena they'll play and they should.

Now what (if anything) the Devils do afterward if there's a 3000 crowd there is a horse of a different color. I doubt they'll do a free ticket thing again, unless they extend it to next year.

If there is a state of emergency is basically means "DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!" If roads are not properly plowed etc, people will be essentially risking their lives to go see a hockey game....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to flip out if they don't cancel the game and I can't make it to the arena... I'm just simply wishing that either the snow lets up or the game is cancelled because when I don't make too much money to begin with, eating almost 200$ leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I have taken the train from New Brunswick many times and never had any problems.I park in the ferren deck across the

street from the station----why is that a problem?....This Game Will be played if fans go or not.

Not everyone has train access. If a state of emergency is declared, is there some law that states the game has to be canceled? Playing the game would indirectly promote potentially dangerous situations....

Not everyone has train access. If a state of emergency is declared, is there some law that states the game has to be canceled? Playing the game would indirectly promote potentially dangerous situations....

no, there isn't a law, and the devils and flyers have absolutely no way of making up this game - there are zero dates remaining on the schedule that work for both teams. this game is going to be played, and you're probably not going to get to go, and that sucks, but the league does not operate around your ability to attend games.

Edited by Triumph

no, there isn't a law, and the devils and flyers have absolutely no way of making up this game - there are zero dates remaining on the schedule that work for both teams. this game is going to be played, and you're probably not going to get to go, and that sucks, but the league does not operate around your ability to attend games.

I was planning on watching from my couch anyway. I did not say the league operated around my schedule. If there is a S.O.E. I was not sure what would occur....

If there is a state of emergency is basically means "DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!" If roads are not properly plowed etc, people will be essentially risking their lives to go see a hockey game....

Therefore it's the Devils' responsibility to make sure the fan gets compensated because mother nature acts up? This isn't like having electronic problems with your own building, this can't be helped any more than you getting sick with the flu on the day of the game and not being able to go.

Don't get me wrong it stinks royally, I'm probably not going to get to go either but I don't consider this in the same ballpark with the Lightning game.

Therefore it's the Devils' responsibility to make sure the fan gets compensated because mother nature acts up? This isn't like having electronic problems with your own building, this can't be helped any more than you getting sick with the flu on the day of the game and not being able to go.

Don't get me wrong it stinks royally, I'm probably not going to get to go either but I don't consider this in the same ballpark with the Lightning game.

I have no vested interested in this game other than being a fan watching at home. I did not have tickets, I did not plan to go, etc. If a S.O.E. is declared and the game is played, there is going to be alot of mad people I would assume...