Could Stevens or no Larry Robinson be the problem?

Daniel

Well the shots on goal are not high, and the Devils are generally pretty good positionally. I think it's more so goaltending. Last night it was mostly Brodeur. The Devils allowed 19 shots. And even when the Devils started scoring and Boston tried to amp up the attack...they really couldn't.

Brodeur needed to come up with some big saves yesterday. He didn't.

The Campbell goal was Jagr being Jagr (nice job Lou in the offseason, should've signed him) we couldn't get the puck off his stick...and here's Marty letting a soft rebound through his legs with no awareness of where the puck could be. (salvador looked like a fool on that play as well but we won't have to deal with him anymore this season)

Second goal was Brodeur just not getting square to the shooter and it was an easy deke around by 50 goal scorer Daniel Paille  :glare:

The Campbell goal was a typical Brodeur long range softie

The Chara goal...Brodeur has to just squeeze the fvcking puck

The Seguin goal was the toughest of the night. But that puck is stopped by a good goalie

all this is not on Stevens

All 3 of those goals would have taken brilliant stops.  Cambell goal was shot through 3 players. Marty never saw the puck. Seguin was bang bang where no defender even tried to play the puck or the open man (who was nearly in the crease).  Chara bullied himself through everyone in the vicinity and put the puck through with brute force cause no one can move him.

No one gives even a crumb of a dried out old turd about Stevens do they?  Come ON his name is in the title even...

So you have nothing to say?  THINK of something!  ANYTHING!  Just WRITE ABOUT HIM!   :rant:

I have an autograph from Stevens thats something right?

All 3 of those goals would have taken brilliant stops.  Cambell goal was shot through 3 players. Marty never saw the puck. Seguin was bang bang where no defender even tried to play the puck or the open man (who was nearly in the crease).  Chara bullied himself through everyone in the vicinity and put the puck through with brute force cause no one can move him.

but it's always "marty never saw the puck" He still saw where the show was taken from. Khudobin made about 8 saves that night on shots he didn't see. Most goalies nowadays cover down low well enough to that so many saves are made when they don't even see the puck. Look at all the saves Lundqvist makes where it just hits him and he's looking the other way. Bigger pads...whatever. The saves are made. Marty has never covered up low. Go back to the inexcusable Matteau goal. He's just sloppy and slow.

The puck was being smothered during the chara goal. No excuse for it to even be lose for Chara to poke at it. He did not come barreling through like a bull in a china shop on that goal. Also I'm not sure why Brodeur had to be sideways there. Because if the puck is poked loose there is no way for it to hit your pads...he needed to be square to the shooter

I have an autograph from Stevens thats something right?

Fresh this year?

or an old one  :(

hey -- and take the Marty bashing to one of the other threads unrelated to Marty bashing... :unsure:

and I need the old unsure smilie back -- this one is constipated not unsure  <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn

Cute!  Did he just grumble at you when he signed it?  

All the meet and greet stuff I've ever been to Stevens has missed.  I only see him weird places - Like Princeton and when I almost mocked him during a road rage hissy he was having on his way to New Bromley.  No getting his attention then though - he was too angry at the car in front of him -- a dictator who decided no one could sneak prematurely into the right turn lane via the breakdown lane on 78.  There he was right next to me... -_-  He would have gotten my flip down the rear view mirror with my middle finger maneuver  were I the car he was langenbrunnering at.

What sucks about those instances are I have the I'm ignoring you bemused superior face etched in my brain  and the road rage yapping face.  What's cute and appropriate in a penalty box is just kind of juvenile and self important behind the wheel, you know?  Especially since I can't stand that whole area he was heading too - he was driving like an angry neglected housewife.  Guess it shows how much he needed to get back to hockey :evil:  There are many other kinds of personal self-indulgent moments I'd have rather seen... like in the shower...

I wonder how he keeps professional while coaching.  I have massive adrenaline problems that interfere with my professionalism.  My heart starts pounding and I blurt and stammer and get snippy.  I had two meetings to run this week and had a few moments where I was sort of wishing I was a calm person.  I always wish I was a calm person...  :(

No one gives even a crumb of a dried out old turd about Stevens do they? Come ON his name is in the title even...

So you have nothing to say? THINK of something! ANYTHING! Just WRITE ABOUT HIM! :rant:

I don't want to mention Stevens because I don't want to entertain the idea that he could be a Gretzky (legendary player, awful coach).

but it's always "marty never saw the puck" He still saw where the show was taken from. Khudobin made about 8 saves that night on shots he didn't see. Most goalies nowadays cover down low well enough to that so many saves are made when they don't even see the puck. Look at all the saves Lundqvist makes where it just hits him and he's looking the other way. Bigger pads...whatever. The saves are made. Marty has never covered up low. Go back to the inexcusable Matteau goal. He's just sloppy and slow.

The puck was being smothered during the chara goal. No excuse for it to even be lose for Chara to poke at it. He did not come barreling through like a bull in a china shop on that goal. Also I'm not sure why Brodeur had to be sideways there. Because if the puck is poked loose there is no way for it to hit your pads...he needed to be square to the shooter

Goaltenders are a dying bread to the pile of pillows that we get nowadays.  It's extremely sad.  Ever since I was kid I appreciated what goaltenders had to do to make a save.  Back then that's what they did.  They made saves.  That's still is what Marty does.  Not as as good as he used to but not horrible, either.  Despite what some think.  I'm disgusted by what the league has thrown out there these days and were all to believe that it is goaltending.  If you put the pads these guys have on on the guys from the 80s you have another dead puck era.  So he didn't make a save because of his style on this occasion.  What about all the deflections that go over the pillow shoulders into the net that Marty gets because he doesn't over commit?  He's slower than he used to be but he still more talent on the left side of his body that everyone else in the league has running through their whole selves.

Edited by capo