Devils Fans in the NHL

Colin226

I came across this kid from Edison, NJ named Anthony Stolarz who was drafted (ironically) by the Philadelphia Flyers.. Apparently he grew up a Devils fan and, being a goalie, he idolized Marty.. So I was curious if anyone knows any other players from NJ who are Devils fans and are either in the NHL or have been drafted (could also post other top prospects from NJ as well)

Bio: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=10665

Draft Video: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=181571&cmpid=embed-share-video

----

Nick Ebert got (also ironically) taken by the LA Kings with the last pick in the draft. He's from Livingston, NJ and got into hockey by going to practices at South Mountain Arena.

Bio: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8477028

----

Wasn't Kinkdaid also a Brodeur fan too? I'm not sure if he was a Devils fan though.

That's gotta be rough! I would hate putting on a hated jersey like that, but at the same time, you've gotta be grateful to get the opportunity to join the league.

I KNOW I'd be telling my agent to call Lou though!

John Carlson.

Was he a Devils fan? I've never heard about any fan allegiance of his before. He lived in Colonia, the next town over from where I grew up a few blocks away in Iselin. I know someone who was on the same school bus as him. Also a guy I work with is from Livingston and knows Nick Ebert. Small world.

Was he a Devils fan? I've never heard about any fan allegiance of his before. He lived in Colonia, the next town over from where I grew up a few blocks away in Iselin. I know someone who was on the same school bus as him. Also a guy I work with is from Livingston and knows Nick Ebert. Small world.

I was on a flight with him about 5/6 years ago and he told me he was (Bruins fan too, but hated the Rangers). Are you a Hilltopper? ;)

I was on a flight with him about 5/6 years ago and he told me he was (Bruins fan too, but hated the Rangers). Are you a Hilltopper? ;)

Oh awesome haha. I'm not sure what exactly the borders of Hilltopper area are, but I lived on North Laurel Ave., which is pretty much right between Hilltop Plaza (I assume that's what it is called, the place with Hilltop Barber Shop and Jolga or Volga or whatever that first letter is supposed to be--the one that used to be an ice cream parlor and then became Bombay Chaat House) and Metropark, around the corner from the big black and white Convergex building. I always got my haircuts at Hilltop Barber Shop! Do you remember when we had a Wawa at that same intersection?

Oh awesome haha. I'm not sure what exactly the borders of Hilltopper area are, but I lived on North Laurel Ave., which is pretty much right between Hilltop Plaza (I assume that's what it is called, the place with Hilltop Barber Shop and Jolga or Volga or whatever that first letter is supposed to be--the one that used to be an ice cream parlor and then became Bombay Chaat House) and Metropark, around the corner from the big black and white Convergex building. I always got my haircuts at Hilltop Barber Shop! Do you remember when we had a Wawa at that same intersection?

I remember when Shop Rite, Iselin Cake Box and Robinson's was there. ;)

A guy I used to work with went to elementary school with Paul Stastny in Verona (when his old man was playing here of course), and told me that Paul grew up liking the Devils because of that. All second hand, but believable. :P

I'd probably root for the team my dad plays for too so I'm betting it's legit

So was Bobby Ryan...from central jersey and grew up during the Devils 3 cup run...Flyers fan.

rolleyes.gif

... How to define LOSER.

I remember when Shop Rite, Iselin Cake Box and Robinson's was there. ;)

Cake Box and Robinson's must have been before my time, but as a kid I always used to go to the movie theater and comic store behind Shop Rite. There also was a FoodTown right by Shop Rite too. I spent countless hours being dragged miserably through Marshall's, Mandee, and Drug Fair with my mom haha. So many fun birthday parties at the United Skates roller rink behind Marshall's though. I dominated all the other kids at air hockey there haha. That stretch of Oak Tree Road also used to have a Roy Rogers, a Boston Market, a Dairy Queen, a bowling alley which might still be there, and a Pizza Hut that I always got a discount at for getting Honor Roll at School 18.

I grew up in ISELIN. JFK???

Yep, class of 2005!

So was Bobby Ryan...from central jersey and grew up during the Devils 3 cup run...Flyers fan.

Central Jersey? Isn't he from Cherry Hill?