New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I hope (Nabokov's) decision to join us will influence Ilya Kovalchuk," Medvedev told Russia's Sport Express.

And why would that make Kovy want to sign with you?

because they're going to be contenders for the KHL title with that kind of lineup.

Do elite players really give a sh!t about the KHL title? The hardest and most prestigious is still the Stanley Cup.

What do you get for winning the KHL title?

EDIT: Answering my own question... the Gagarin Cup

01.jpg

Edited by mmajeski06

Okay, I know I am not an everyday poster, but I read this board everyday. My question...does anyone here firmly believe (without having their special "source") that kovy will sign here? I think it's a good possibility since LA is apparently out again. However as a devils fan I always assume we will let someone else get that top guy...thoughts!?

I to am not a daily poster but do read every day. I honestly think that at some point he will be a King. His agent went back to them and they said no again. I am sure he will do it again and at some point they will agree. If he does become a Devil it will be a last resort, but it will be good for us :uni:

We all know just as much as you. If you're asking for my gut feeling, I have a baaaaaaaaad feeling that he won't be a Devil next year. I don't have any "sources to back that up", and I'm not "friends with Mark (N)Єverson", it's just the way I see it happening.

yeah I just want guy feelings, without someone saying "i have a friend who says"...My heart tells me he wont be here, my gut says we have the best offer on the table, and its up to him to sign on the dotted line.

I had a bunch of friends that are Devils fans telling me today how "Oh if his heart is in LA and not NJ he won't play well with us/I don't want him." Now, because I'm only 18, hopefully one of you older guys can clear this up for me. I remember reading somewhere that when Stevens was sent here because of the Shanahan thing, he was really upset/didn't want to come? Is that the case?

Upset is putting it mildly. And it totally affected his game as it took a few years to win a Cup with him instead of 1. (joking) B )

Upset is putting it mildly. And it totally affected his game as it took a few years to win a Cup with him instead of 1. (joking) B )

didn't he sign an offer sheet with STL again after getting sent here?

didn't he sign an offer sheet with STL again after getting sent here?

Yep. What's funny is if you talk with Scott today, he'll never leave the NJ area. Him and his family are here for good. Funny how things turn out. Who would have thought we owe it all to Brendan Shanahan? :)

Worked out best for both Shanny and Stevens. They each ended up in the Hall of Fame as both careers really took off after the swap and not sure that would have happened to either of them without it. Interesting debate....