GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM

nick17112

The Rangers spent a whole 1/3 of the game on the PP snd couldn't beat us. That's an outstanding sign for Clem, our PK'ers, and Pandolfo and Madden in paritcular. They hit a rough patch for a while, they really showed us they still have it tonight.

Scoring 3 goals so fast to make it 8-5 gives me reason to believe this team can win a Cup, yes maybe even with Clemmensen (although unlikely since Marty SHOULD be back before the playoffs).. I mean really.. blow a 5-1 lead, im sure EVERYONE thought the Rags were gonna win it..

But a quick response on an excellent passing play from Gionta to Zubrus to Elias.. and then another couple goals (one being a beautiful pass from Zubrus to Gio, the other being hardwork from Holik/Parise to set up Langs with a rocket of a shot)

The 'No Quit' additude is outstanding.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha...

I was texting my boss who was a rangers fan and he started to gloat when It got tied and just like that I got to tell him to sit down and shut up!!!

I also was really encouraged by the way Holik played, just smashing people around and played well the one shift I saw him with parise.

WTF, Rolston needs to get his a$$ back in gear, he looked terrible especially on the power play.

On another note, Dano looked like he was going to hit Chico when they were talking about the Zajac beating, he was pretty f-ing stoked. I would have loved to have had f-ing al Traufag with them, I bet Dano would have choked him.

Absolute instant clasic, I just hope they have energy for tonight's game, all this talk about games in hand doesn't mean anything if you don't get points with them.

Finally, I know what Zajac said, but since the whole Marty situation I can't believe anything that's said and am still a bit scared about a concussion.

To give up 5 to these d bags not good.

The officiating inconsistent at best at least the ice ref called no goall but Toronto prevailed. :angry:

Goal 1- score it to Toronto even from sec 131 we could tell it was a kick in

Goal 2-3 Devils went on Vacation 2 should have never happened and 3 Our D should have put Gomez's helmet up his ass

Goal 4-5 Extend vacation. :argh:

The fights verrrrrrrY interesting :ECW: .

Zherdev crawling on all fours after a hit; priceless :evil:

Dissapointments:

Parise's blown break away :

Zubrus's shot point plank

Here's the best Gomez challenging Zuburus to a fight. What was this character thinking? Only goes to show he isn't too bright. :rofl:

Came should have been 10-2 easy Raggot defense was out for a walk in the park.

Learning that Trautwig :puke: played off the Devils resilence Elias laughing in his face.

I loved how pissed the Rangers were. It's like it's their birthright to beat us. Did you see Gomez on the bench after he scored? He did NOT want to be beaten by the Devils.

amazing pics which camera you are using??

Thanks! It's an Olympus C740UZ. It's a really good camera. It's not a fancy SLR, but it's not a basic digital camera either. I bought it refurbished in late 2004 and have been using it since. It's damn near falling apart but it still works well, lol.

how was the skate after the game? i thought about it but didn't bring my skates to work so didn't have the chance. maybe next game if it was good

It was pretty cool. Wasn't too crowded thankfully. Almost no point if it's too crowded that you can't even skate, lol. As Crasher said, you can rent skates($3), but yes, make sure they're sharpened!

Edited by ClarkyDano23

I loved how pissed the Rangers were. It's like it's their birthright to beat us. Did you see Gomez on the bench after he scored? He did NOT want to be beaten by the Devils.

It honestly seemed like we had their number last night. You know, minus the fact that we dominated the majority of the game.

Not only let it go, but they ruled it overwhelming and beyond dispute not a kick since they overruled the on ice officials original call.

Toronto's love for the Devils.

I wasn't sure if I should've made a thread about this, but Bobby Holik has been an absolute beast these last 2 games. Hitting everything that moves. The Clarkson Holik Rupp was huge last night. I hope Sutter dresses Rupp today.

We have a big time mean streak going, and I love it.

I noticed it too. Holik wants another CUP for sure.

Not only let it go, but they ruled it overwhelming and beyond dispute not a kick since they overruled the on ice officials original call.

It didn't look like a kick to me either though...you CAN redirect the puck in off the skate so long as you don't make the kicking motion, to me that's what he did. Redirected it without kicking it. They probably shouldn't allow that but the rule is on the books so whatever.

I was far more annoyed with Toronto at the end of the period when they took at least three minutes reviewing a carom off the boards that wasn't even close to going in. Was there any sort of explanation given as to why THAT needed a review?!

The officiating in general was skewed toward the Rangers but what else is new?

Edited by Hasan4978

Just watched the highlights of this one. Figured I'd stop in to offer my congratulations. :koolaid:

I know a few guys on this baord wanted to go after Redden. I got to see this guy a lot in Ottawa and he just lost it three years ago, yet the Rangers offered him a deal that was twice as bad as the one Rafalski got. I mean 6 years, 39 million. Thank goodness Lou didn't go after him. I hope his performance tonight showed how bad this guy is. That contract could kill the Rangers long-term, and hopefully no idiot GM helps them out by trading for him.

Truer words were never spoken. All you have to know about the man's game was shown on the first and fourth Devils goals. He is completely useless in any kind of odd man or scramble situations.

I was baffled over the summer to see people here advocating the Devils signing him (though I admit I had likely seen a whole lot more of him than most of the people here had.) I remember saying after he got signed that you guys would have lots of fun watching him this season. I see that I was right. At least on Thursday night.