GDT -- Devils v. Isles -- 7:00 p.m.

Daniel

Seriously, how is this natural hat trick not a headline? Oh, but if it was against the Rags, headline would read "Rangers fall to blah blah blah," but since it was against the Isles, our game was TOTALLY invisible.

It wasn't a natural trick. A natural hat trick is three consecutive goals scored by the same players. Kovy scored the first two, then Elias, then Kovy, then Clarkson.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a natural trick. A natural hat trick is three consecutive goals scored by the same players. Kovy scored the first two, then Elias, then Kovy, then Clarkson.

oh ok, I thought it was when you don't get an EN as part of the hat trick.

wow, the next morning and STILL no story headline about the game / hat trick on nhl.com. what is this, so sort of secret around the league? Oh wait it's Devils news, the league hates the Devils :rolleyes:

Game recap clips take the score all the way to 2-1 as well.

Oh wait! NHL.COM DOES have a "feature" on the game - under "Thursday's Best" in the revolving slideshow. You have to scroll through that section to find "Kovy's Hat Trick" (way to bury it NHL) But not even a story in the headlines section. No, its not like this is big news or anything...not that important :rolleyes:

Edited by Legion15

Anybody know what they do with the hats that are thrown on the ice?

I understand that hats are expensive and all but throwing your hat out on the ice for a hat-trick is a great tradition in this sport. I dont know why more people didnt do it last night.

Oh wait! NHL.COM DOES have a "feature" on the game - under "Thursday's Best" in the revolving slideshow. You have to scroll through that section to find "Kovy's Hat Trick" (way to bury it NHL) But not even a story in the headlines section. No, its not like this is big news or anything...not that important :rolleyes:

It is important, but it's much more important that Crosby woke up today and had a healthy bowel movement.

Anybody know what they do with the hats that are thrown on the ice?

I think it depends on the player/team.

Sometimes they are donated to charity.

Sometimes the player keeps them or at least a few as a momento.

I know in Philly the team takes them and puts them in a display on the concourse for every hat trick scored in that arena.