All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

Man if I were a GM who had a Russian player over there for these Olypmics, I'd be seriously worried about them not coming back.

You gotta wonder what kind of bullsh!t Kovy and the rest are feeding them.

I doubt you see anything like that happen during the season. But over the summer? Who knows. Would it shock anyone if groundwork was being laid right now to get an Ovechkin or a Malkin back over there?

Because those jerseys are an embarrassment, and I can't believe any self respecting Devils fan would buy one with Parise's name on it. I would think you were joking because I would say something like that as a joke.

Whatever dude.  Your opinion is your opinion.  I happen to like the US jerseys.  Sure they're not perfect, but they're still nice.  Your insults are unwarranted.

I think Elias and Jagr are equally talented but after that there is a big difference

Historically yes, i would say right now there is a big drop between them.

Although the fact that both of them are still producing does suggest they are incredible hockey players.

Watching the Sweden and Swiss game, saw a funny tweet or post from one of the "experts" commenting on the Olympic site. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Honestly, if you just inserted Jacques Lemaire behind the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Switzerland&src=hash">#Switzerland</a> bench, this team could be the 1995 NJ Devils.</p>— Dan Marrazza (@DanMarrazza) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanMarrazza/statuses/434332889992687616">February 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Having trouble with Twitter embed ^^

As I've watched, the Swiss have been really good defensively.  Roman Josi and Brunner standing out

Edited by RizzMB30