1995 Stanley Cup Red-White Alumni Game

GoArmySports

Anyone interested in 1 ticket for the VIP package?  Price is $497.50, it includes the following:

• Reserved premium tickets to the Alumni Game and one VIP parking pass
  • 60-minute “Meet and Greet” with the players from the 1994-95 team
  • Reebok premier jersey with 20th Anniversary commemorative patch

I want to go, but unfortunately need to buy multiples of 2 tickets.

If anyone is interested please DM me or email me at 3devilscups@gmail.com

I wonder what that patch will look like.

There's nothing going on at the old dump in the swamp that day and apparently after January 30th the Prudential Center runs the place and collects the money from any events there.  They're still having the circus there a few days later so it will still be up and running.  It's a no brainer.  #onelasttailgate

What exactly is wrong with Broten? Why isn't he attending?

Does this interfere with any other Stanley Cup anniversaries he's attending? Oh that's right, his only Cup came with the Devils, so he should be fvcking grateful and attend

Edited by '7'

What exactly is wrong with Broten? Why isn't he attending?

Does this interfere with any other Stanley Cup anniversaries he's attending? Oh that's right, his only Cup came with the Devils, so he should be fvcking grateful and attend

Broten had that real bad falling out in 96. I guess he never got over it.

CR1976 posted an article recently where Broten was the only player to skip out on a punishment practice after a loss right before the 96 all star break started.  Broten basically told Lemaire that he felt like being with his family was more important.  Needless to say both Lemaire and Lou were not happy.

In regards to holding it at noon on Sunday, I am not sure that would work.  A lot of the people would be going to both games then and you will have to basically herd people out of the arena as fast as you can and then have them come back in again.  Logistics might be a little dicey though I do not think it is impossible.

Broten had that real bad falling out in 96. I guess he never got over it.

Talked about it before (DM84 just referenced it), but he really was not happy living in this area from what I understand.  Just wasn't a Jersey guy at all.  He was also living alone without his wife and two young daughters...apparently he didn't want to uproot them again after just having done that when the North Stars moved to Dallas.  He was also 36 and knew he wasn't going to play much longer.  I think the breaking point came when Lemaire scheduled that punishment practice after promising his players some time off during the All-Star Break...though Broten missed his family terribly and wasn't happy in NJ, from all accounts he was a good soldier up until that point.  He had scheduled a vacation in Florida for some quality time with his family, and basically told Lemaire and Lamoriello that they could fine him, but that he wasn't coming to the practice...basically told them they could go screw.  It was so obvious by the following season that Broten no longer wanted any part of the Devils that Lemaire pretty much told Lou about a week into the '96-'97 season that Broten needed to go ASAP.   

One of those situations where it would've been much better off for everyone if he had been a rental and wasn't signed beyond 1995.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

CR1976 posted an article recently where Broten was the only player to skip out on a punishment practice after a loss right before the 96 all star break started.  Broten basically told Lemaire that he felt like being with his family was more important.  Needless to say both Lemaire and Lou were not happy.

In regards to holding it at noon on Sunday, I am not sure that would work.  A lot of the people would be going to both games then and you will have to basically herd people out of the arena as fast as you can and then have them come back in again.  Logistics might be a little dicey though I do not think it is impossible.

Why kick them out? Alumni Game is open at 12-2:30 - doors open at 3:30. That gives them an hour. There's a way to make this work logistically they just need to figure it out. Where there's a will, there's a way. It shouldn't have been at the Pavillion. Biggest mistake. 

Really really a shame. My father who is technically the account holder was at the clincher in '95 and has missed 2 home games in their playoff history dating back to the 80s. He's not a bigger fan than some, but they should've made sure the people who were actually there in 95 and are still there 20 years later get in. 

Just my 2 nickels.

Edited by HellOnICE

Why kick them out? Alumni Game is open at 12-2:30 - doors open at 3:30. That gives them an hour. There's a way to make this work logistically they just need to figure it out. Where there's a will, there's a way. It shouldn't have been at the Pavillion. Biggest mistake.

Really really a shame. My father who is technically the account holder was at the clincher in '95 and has missed 2 home games in their playoff history dating back to the 80s. He's not a bigger fan than some, but they should've made sure the people who were actually there in 95 and are still there 20 years later get in.

Just my 2 nickels.

They have to kick then out because people don't all have tickets to both

So figure out a way to do that. It's not going to the moon.

Basically you will have to kick people out and have them re-enter.  That's the quickest and least painful way though it is still a pain in the ass.  You also have to have the cleaning people do their thing in between the games as well.

What prevents people from remaining inside when they do not have tickets to the actual game?  Security will have a huge mess on this hand and a disaster waiting to happen.

It's a logistics nightmare to kick a possible 17000 people out and bring in another potential 17000 people. Just think of the parking and traffic alone.

They do it for some Devils games where they have a Seton Hall game at 1 and then a Devils game at 7 that same day.  It's possible.

However the idea of letting people hang around between games is really foolish and is a disaster waiting to happen.