Anybody know what's going on with the goal song?

Mike Brown

I don't hate the YS chant.  I just think it's silly to chant it after our team scores a goal.  That's my only beef.  I'm not against telling the other team they suck.  In fact I encourage it.  I just disapprove it being chanted after we score a goal.

Or down 3

this again embarrasses us as a fan base.. our team could be getting flushed out and some idiots are chanting you suck.. i mean come on honestly, they make everyone look like retarded ass holes that the fan base is chanting "you suck" to the other team after weve scored one goal and are still behind by 3.

Right now I see a lot of people who are still whining about the "you suck" chant being taken away using something along the lines of "who cares what we were saying!! They are taking away our freedom of speech!" 

It's like they are suddenly civil liberties crusaders and do not realize they are entering a private building with owners who can set whatever rules they want.

Edited by DevsMan84

Right now I see a lot of people who are still whining about the "you suck" chant being taken away using something along the lines of "who cares what we were saying!! They are taking away our freedom of speech!" 

It's like they are suddenly civil liberties crusaders and do not realize they are entering a private building with owners who can set whatever rules they want.

Funny just about every post on the last page has been people complaining about the whiners.

I don't get why it's a big deal either way.  Some of you are as irrational caring about NOT having the song as the people that are over the top about keeping it/bringing it back.

Honestly the biggest problem is the song they had last year DID actually suck :P  Especially with the canned LGD chant.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Funny just about every post on the last page has been people complaining about the whiners.

I don't get why it's a big deal either way. Some of you are as irrational caring about NOT having the song as the people that are over the top about keeping it/bringing it back.

Honestly the biggest problem is the song they had last year DID actually suck :P Especially with the canned LGD chant.

Couldn't agree more. If they find a goal song that actually works and sounds good this won't be such a big deal.

Problem is this new song with the fan involvement yesterday at the green screens just screams that it's going to be completely cheesey.

I hope I'm wrong.

Couldn't agree more. If they find a goal song that actually works and sounds good this won't be such a big deal.

Problem is this new song with the fan involvement yesterday at the green screens just screams that it's going to be completely cheesey.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's hard for me to imagine anything worse than the canned LGD chant last year.  The fans chanting LGD does have the potential for being cheesy though, that I agree with.

I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, no, that doesn't bode well.

I don't get why it's a big deal either way. Some of you are as irrational caring about NOT having the song as the people that are over the top about keeping it/bringing it back.

Honestly the biggest problem is the song they had last year DID actually suck :P Especially with the canned LGD chant.

3-4 posts doesn't = whole page Edited by DevsMan84

I still think that Van Halen's 'Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love' would be a good goal song. They could use the "Hey! Hey! Hey!" section of the song at the end of the song around the 3:00 mark, which would be easy to chant along with.

I am a big Van Halen fan but the Flyers used this some years back and it has been tainted for me ever since. However, the chorus to Chickefoot's song "Oh Yeah" would be a original and solid pick in my opinion. Start at 53 seconds to 1:13. Of course you suck may fit in too well here.

http://youtu.be/wolEMOmsqGA