Elias/Boomer & Carton 660 WFAN

grcenter47

I am not sure if anyone caught this but apparently on the boomer & carton show this morning they were interviewing pierre mcguirre and also one player from each team (islanders,devils, and rangers). Each one had their own segment. i know brian boyle was the Ranger but was not sure who the Islanders player was

Well apparently Patrik Elias was suppose to call them at 8:45am for an interview and apparently never did. Well Craig Carton took offense to it and said that Elias was banned from the show. Boomer said he didnt care because he was a Devil

I am not really looking into this too much but I wonder if something had happened to Elias

Why bother listening to any New York media. Im watching Hockey Night Live and Chico, Daneyko, and Jaffe were talking about how the Devils have one of the deepest defensive teams in the Conference and all you heard was Dave Maloney, and Al Trautwig interrupting each one of them saying they are not a strong defensive team or cracking jokes when Dano and Jaffe are trying to talk. Its unprofessional.

I actually love Francesca, he gets a lot of flak around here (which he deserves) but I like him because he is not afraid to put Ranger fans and analysts in their place when they mention the Devils. He knows how good our franchise has been and he respects that even though he is not a hockey fan.

Edited by Zubie#8

Those MSG guys, as with almost all of the NY media types, all blow. We all know that. But still, it wouldn't have hurt for Patty to show up and represent for their morning-drive-time audience (not that I ever listen to them; I don't).

The Devils need a media-savvy player to get out there every once in a while when called upon, a la a Kenny Daneyko type. Dano has been holding down that fort forever, sticking up for Jersey. Where's the new blood?

Those MSG guys, as with almost all of the NY media types, all blow. We all know that. But still, it wouldn't have hurt for Patty to show up and represent for their morning-drive-time audience (not that I ever listen to them; I don't).

The Devils need a media-savvy player to get out there every once in a while when called upon, a la a Kenny Daneyko type. Dano has been holding down that fort forever, sticking up for Jersey. Where's the new blood?

Volchenkov. Very well spoken person :thumbsup: spread the good word Anton!

If Ryan Carter was a star he would be a great ambassador for the Devils, he is a very well spoken person and he says the right things.

Edited by Zubie#8

At least boomner talks hockey, OK he talks ranger hockey, but the other shows do not even mention hockey unless there is some big controversey.

The Devils need someone to promote this team, that is the 1 thing that LL does not do a good job of, FAN is the home of the devils on the radio, would it kill them to get a player on once a week??

At least boomner talks hockey, OK he talks ranger hockey, but the other shows do not even mention hockey unless there is some big controversey.

The Devils need someone to promote this team, that is the 1 thing that LL does not do a good job of, FAN is the home of the devils on the radio, would it kill them to get a player on once a week??

get brodeur on once a week or something on Francesa or something. He speaks his mind and would at least be worth the listen to some casual fans/non fans just for that

Hockey Night Live on MSG last night was fantastic.. Like I said in another thread, they did about 75% of the show strictly on the Devils.. Dano was going nuts with his pro-Devilness.. It completely made my night, definitely going to continue watching

I listen to B&C on my way to work because Z100's morning show (which I used to love) has since made me want to drive off a bridge.. Don't care for Mike and Mike, either and that's about it for somewhat decent morning shows

Fact of the matter is that hockey needs to be a part of the regular sports conversation here in NJ/NY.. We have 3 teams, one is the richest team in the USA, one is successful, and a 3rd team about to move to Brooklyn.. There is obviously a lot of hockey love around here.. Boomer needs to be an ambassador to making hockey a regular part of the sports conversation here, but he lets Craig shoot him down.. It would also help if Francessa left, though he gives the Devils a ton of respect when he does mention them

When I'm down by Philly hockey talk on the radio is just as common as Eagles and Phillies talk (when there is hockey to discuss).. The radio hosts take calls and actually know what they're talking about because they follow the team.. It's embarrassing that the NY media has made hockey out to be this weird fringe sport that "no one cares about".. Again, 3 freaking teams and we can't get any chatter

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.. If the radio commentators rarely even talk about hockey and, when they do, they tell people "no one really cares about hockey" or "well I don't really follow the sport" then people in the area will believe that it's this outside sport they should only even consider following in the playoffs.. If you actually bring it into the conversation then more people will begin to follow it and talk about it

But okay, no one cares about hockey.. Yup they'd rather discuss how many ways the Mets and Jets suck, did Carmello overreact to the whole Cheerios thing, how nice is the Nets new herringbone court, is A-Rod an overpaid p***y, and did some college football player really fabricate a story about his gf -- wow, all of that sh!t is way more interesting than hockey about to start for 3 local teams and should be discussed by moronic callers until all listeners want to vomit

End rant

Edited by Colin226
  • Like 1

I am not sure if anyone caught this but apparently on the boomer & carton show this morning they were interviewing pierre mcguirre and also one player from each team (islanders,devils, and rangers). Each one had their own segment. i know brian boyle was the Ranger but was not sure who the Islanders player was

Well apparently Patrik Elias was suppose to call them at 8:45am for an interview and apparently never did. Well Craig Carton took offense to it and said that Elias was banned from the show. Boomer said he didnt care because he was a Devil

I am not really looking into this too much but I wonder if something had happened to Elias

Well, he "poked" at not having the "A" taken away from him and now he goes AWOL for an interview? Maybe he thinks the newly appointed captain would have been a better idea?

I have to agree with some of the posters here that the Devils should have at least one representative on WFAN talking at least once a week about their team. If it was up to me, it would have to be on Joe and Evan. Even though Joe is a ranger fan and Evan is an islander fan, they are pretty respectful and dont make snide remarks like Somers, Carton, or Boomer

I thought Rolston would of been perfect if he was still around. I would say either have DeBoer do a weekly spot or possibly a Clarkson

I heard the broadcast.. boomer hates the devils and the isles.. The only ones on the fan that respect the devils are the guys that are on at 10, and as much as I hate him.. Francesa

actually one of the guys on the boomer and carton show who reads the updates...jerry recco... is a big devils fan... he actually had one of those devils swarm shirts on a while back

That sucks that he bailed. Patty never seemed to like talking to media... he always seems like kind of a dick to the reporters in interviews. I know they get asked stupid questions... but I don't think some players realize this is their link to the fans. Its not like the media is interviewing them for kicks...Its for obsessive fans like us :P