New Gaslight Anthem merch

thelastonealive

Background: I was at Bamboozle yesterday and saw a man walking around in a Gaslight Anthem tee shirt that was done in the style of a Rangers tee jersey. And I was heartbroken, because Gaslight Anthem are about the Jersey-est band since Bruce Springsteen himself.

But apparently they also did a Devils version:

tumblr_m455ysSnp81qdv325o1_500.jpg

(Note: Handwritten is the album title, 45 is the new single)

Now...I must get one.

Edit: I'm pretty impressed, too - they got the lettering and numbering style correct for each team. Whoever made these shirts for them did their homework.

Edit Again: I just noticed that the circle around the logo is a record, and that's the record player arm that looks like an "i" next to the logo. That's friggin awesome. I NEED to get one of these.

Edited by thelastonealive

Good Jersey band with Rangers' tees is friggen weak TL1. That sucks. I couldn't rep one knowing that.

I has been very, VERY disappointed for the past 24 hours when I thought it was just the Rangers style one. I'm much better after finding out that there's a Devils style one as well.

I'm not fond of the idea of the Rangers one, and I still can't wrap my head around it considering how proudly they rep NJ, but...fvck it, I'm placated knowing there's a Devils one out there. Hoping I can grab it soon - makes for a(nother) good reason to try to get to one of their shows.

I'm guessing they got approval from both teams?

For a parody design like that you dont really have too plus it depends on how many youre planning on selling. It's a huge grey zone with the copyright thing but usually for small runs and parodies you don't get anything cause its not really like making your own unofficial NHL gear and selling it without permission.

I did shirt dsigns like that for The Swellers with the red wings logo cause they are from michigan and never got any problems

redshirt2.jpg

Swellers_Redwings2.jpg

Edited by SterioDesign

Gaslight had similar Jets / Giants Ts at the convention hall show last year.The Aggrolites have themed Lakers and Dodgers shirts and there was also the Phillies Ramones T shirts from last year featuring the big 4 pitchers.. Love the sports punk crossover.

Well if they didn't, they'll be receiving a cease and desist letter from the NHL rather shortly I'm sure.

I doubt they did more than one pressing of this shirt or made boatloads of cash on them. I don't think its worth the NHL or the Devils time to go over a few hundred shirts.

After doing a bit more searching for these online, I found out a little bit more info at least:

Fallon would then tease the crowd about the Rangers / Devils game being played the same night (the band made special shirts for the gig that parodied the emblems of both teams) and as the crowd began to chant the team they were supporting, Fallon joked, "We are sending all the proceeds to [sean] Avery, he needs a job."

:lol:

Still can't find anywhere to buy 'em; I'm doubting they'll be available anywhere but shows - and maybe just that show and Bamboozle. :(

After doing a bit more searching for these online, I found out a little bit more info at least:

:lol:

Still can't find anywhere to buy 'em; I'm doubting they'll be available anywhere but shows - and maybe just that show and Bamboozle. :(

Brian Fallon's the fvckin man. and i heard they didn't even have the shirts at bamboozle, just the NY show.. i haven't been able to find them anywhere either, which sucks, cause i really fvckin want one

Edited by Kovy138

pretty nice jerseys

I'll always remember going to a Habs-Devils game at the Bell center back in 06..I saw a Rangers jersey and I was like '' What the fvck''... Little did I know, I turned around and saw '' Rangers sucks... Devils for life'' on his back of his jersey

I was like LOL

Maybe you guys can try to get in touch with someone from the band on their facebook page or something and see if they have any extras laying around. If not maybe they'll pop up on ebay.

I've tried a few times on Twitter to no response. Didn't even think of Facebook, may have to give that a shot.

l know I am a total idiot for never having heard of them, but I downloaded a few of their albums and really enjoy this stuff now. Which also brings me to now wanting that shirt.

they're not all that popular yet really, so it's not surprising that some people haven't heard of them. they have 3 full length albums, the 4th one comes out in july. its all great stuff though. maybe if more people demand to have the shirt, they'll sell them on their website :D

Not that popular? No, they're not selling out huge arenas but they're pretty big now.

Make sure to check out Brian Fallon's side project, The Horrible Crowes. Solid stuff.

yeah, i mean in the sense that there's still a lot of people who haven't heard of them. they do have a lot of fans, and a lot of their club shows are selling out, but i feel like there's still people who have no idea who they are. maybe since they're on a major label now that will change, you know? and yeah, good call on the horrible crowes record, i forgot all about that. that's a solid album as well. his old stuff, this charming man, and cincinatti rail tie is good also.

they're not all that popular yet really, so it's not surprising that some people haven't heard of them. they have 3 full length albums, the 4th one comes out in july. its all great stuff though. maybe if more people demand to have the shirt, they'll sell them on their website :D

Considering I saw them play in dirty basements in New Brunswick, they are pretty damn huge now.

Very excited for the new album.