‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.

The thing that gets me most is him saying these exact words after siging a 13-year deal with a new team, after going out of his way to lie to us for the last 12 months: "I'm a loyal person". I mean... are you fvcking kidding me with that? No Zach, you're a fraud, a phony. Take some of that $98 million and buy a fvcking dictionary douchebag.

Hahah! Seriously, what he did was the opposite of loyal. I'd have a lot more respect if he didn't go on and on about wanting to be a Devil and wanting to win. He could have just said "looking forward to the FA process" or something along those lines. But to find out he was waiting on his bestie to sign and had them take matching deals points to the fact we were nothing but second choice (if not third or fourth) for him. It all sounds a little immature to me. I don't understand how you can get so close to hoisting a cup as a CAPTAIN of a team and spew BS about wanting to win and then do this. Either ZP is as phony as they come or he's delusional/so full of himself he thinks he&Suter automatically equals cup run for the Wild

Edited by LA03

fvck him ! Seriously fvck ZACH parise! He can say what he want (i want to stay wit the Devils etc... he isa gone ! Why to be with stupid friends and to be with the Wild ! he lied he says he want to work things out with New Jersey, we give him a competitive contract and he goes elsewhere! J>ust fvck him go with the wild. You and Suter Will never win the cup. I'l remember you as a good player but as a liar first! fvck you you dont deserve Kovalchuk contract cause you dont have his number... bring your stupid smile to minnessota because that all you can bring to them !

I swear Lou will invite you in the parking lot when we will win lord stanley!

Seriously i have no more respect for parise! (You are the next scott gomez)

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

Definition of loyalty = conspiring an exit strategy with a player on another team while you're still employed and treated handsomely by your current team.

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I agree. This whole texting Suter over the course of the year nonsense makes it even worse. Parise was only coming back to the Devils if he couldn't get all the money from the Wild and Suter together but he ended up getting what he wanted.

I have 0 respect for Parise. He turned out to be a complete whining chump.

:cheers: well said

one of my friends from Northern VA who goes to a lot of Caps games said that Semin is criticized a lot in Washington for not showing up in the playoffs :(

You sure he wasn't talking about the whole team? Semin actually played really well this past playoffs. I think for the first time, Hunter had him playing more defensive and it worked nicely for him for the most part, why not come on over to jersey and keep it going? i mean kovy bought in, why not him too?

Hahah! Seriously, what he did was the opposite of loyal. I'd have a lot more respect if he didn't go on and on about wanting to be a Devil and wanting to win. He could have just said "looking forward to the FA process" or something along those lines. But to find out he was waiting on his bestie to sign and had them take matching deals points to the fact we were nothing but second choice (if not third or fourth) for him. It all sounds a little immature to me. I don't understand how you can get so close to hoisting a cup as a CAPTAIN of a team and spew BS about wanting to win and then do this. Either ZP is as phony as they come or he's delusional/so full of himself he thinks he&Suter automatically equals cup run for the Wild

Right on. As I said earlier- if you wanna leave, fine. When asked about your plans, say 'no comment', or speak in generalities like everyone else does in these situations. He took it over the top, and flat-out lied to everyone. I wonder how his teammates feel.

And I mean really, the guys that went FA this offseason wanted more YEARS here, not money. Marty wanted two years, Moose wanted two years, Sal wanted three. Marty was trying to get Zach to come back and Sal was even talking to him before he himself signed to come back. Our fourth liners all re-signed before FA on two-year deals, and at least a couple of them could have gotten more money later on. Freaking Andy Greene got offers even higher than the one we were killing the Devils for giving him last year and he took less to stay without a NTC. It's gotta be killing these guys the captain bailed on them like this.

Can we all agree that they should take a run at Semin now? At least he's proven he can be effective against the Rangers, unlike Parise seems to ever be.

Please no. He's been criticized for laziness and choking. I'd rather take the current roster and some solid wingers than overpay for Semin.

And THIS is why I hate Zach Parise now. Not because he left. Because of THIS. It's a scummy, low-brow move, and I hope the hockey gods keep it in mind moving forward.

Please no. He's been criticized for laziness and choking. I'd rather take the current roster and some solid wingers than overpay for Semin.

That's the problem, there aren't any solid wingers left other than Semin or the guys you'd have to give up an arm and a leg to trade for unless you want to hope Doan shakes loose and then overpay for him. It was a thin crop of wingers this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Saw this on hf boards...

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

Zach Parise said coming back to the Rock to play Devils on Nov. 11 will be "unique." Says he understands 'passionate' Devils fans are mad

Yeah, he has no idea. I want him to cry after he leaves Newark that night. It's personal the way he did this.

Saw this on hf boards...

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

Zach Parise said coming back to the Rock to play Devils on Nov. 11 will be "unique." Says he understands 'passionate' Devils fans are mad

Suter will be there to protect him.

"you are the wind beneath my wings..."

And THIS is why I hate Zach Parise now. Not because he left. Because of THIS. It's a scummy, low-brow move, and I hope the hockey gods keep it in mind moving forward.

May be crazy to say this, but this is also why I think Scott Gomez is more respectful than Zach after this. No one was under the impression Gomez was going to stay. He took the money and ran across the river 2 seconds after FA began. We all knew he was going to walk. We came within a few games of a Cup and Zach bails to a lesser team in terms of roster talent and some more money up front. Hope Parise chokes on Suter's nuts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.