GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils 7pm

eaglejelly

Exciting game... !!

I love the way the guys are playing tonight

How could you? They only came to play ten out of sixty minutes. It's the kind of win you'll take no questions asked early in the season but you hope we're not that lucky late in the season because it'll lead to bad habits in the playoffs. No excuse for them to come out like that in the first two periods after a flat game Wednesday and Jacques' Thursday practice.

Edited by Hasan4978

How could you? They only came to play ten out of sixty minutes. It's the kind of win you'll take no questions asked early in the season but you hope we're not that lucky late in the season because it'll lead to bad habits in the playoffs. No excuse for them to come out like that in the first two periods after a flat game Wednesday and Jacques' Thursday practice.

I just think some of the guys were really into it.

I loved this 3rd period, no matter what you think

Not to take away from a goal that rele helped us but was it just more or for most of the night was Rolston skating very nonchalantly? It may seem like it to me but unless the Devils are trying to set him up on the PP or for a slap shot in general he doesn't seem to put in a lot of effort.Then again im not on the ice so I can't see what he sees.

Ugly win

How can any win be ulgy?

It was an ugly win because they didn't show up to play hockey for the first 2 periods, they weren't getting many good scoring opportunities and looked out of sync, third period they changed that around, the one thing that has to stop is letting in the first goal every game its ridiculous

i wouldn't say they didn't show up - there was effort there - just not any execution and that is 100% on lemaire - it was clear as day after one period that his reshuffling of the top two lines was not a good idea. it's tough to neutralize zach parise but lemaire did it putting him with elias and bergfors. they just are not the right type of players for him 5 on 5. parise is more suited for a dump and chase and pressure the puck line - not with a center like elias who holds the puck and tries to use his skill to create.

rolston also never meshed with zajac and langenbrunner.

i was shocked that lemaire refused to put the lines back as they should be for the whole game. if not for the PP, this would've been the worst offensive performance of the year for the devils - until 5 minutes left in the second, they had 6 shots on goal.

i'm happy for the win, but i'm afraid that lemaire will try to through these terrible lines out there again tomorrow night.

Andy Green = Superman

i was shocked that lemaire refused to put the lines back as they should be for the whole game. if not for the PP, this would've been the worst offensive performance of the year for the devils - until 5 minutes left in the second, they had 6 shots on goal.

i'm happy for the win, but i'm afraid that lemaire will try to through these terrible lines out there again tomorrow night.

10? I would have gone with 3. the Lightning took a bunch of penalties they didn't have to take, the worst PP unit in the history of the universe scored the only way they could, and then Zharkov got a stick-lift in.

that was pretty much all they did for the first 57.

What a 3rd period and finish by the Devils tonight. The Devils finally got it going in the 3rd and their PP was going as well with the 2 PPG. That Rolston laser of a shot Niittymaki never even saw it. LOL! Parise held scoreless for the second straight game. Good win for the Devils tonight and that Langenbrunner goal with :38 left in the 3rd was just awesome.

Right back at the Prudential Center tomorrow night against one of my most hated teams in Detroit. Also the 1995 SCC celebration will be going on for the game and before the game outside should be fun if it does not rain. It will be cool to see some of the old players from 1995. Should be another fun night and hopefully get the win.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

I was at the game courtesy of some $10 tickets last night. It was good to see Fraser sticking up for Elias, and Andy's transformation into an awesome Dman continues to amaze.

Sadly, the place felt dead for most of the game. I'll be at tonight's game too. Hopefully it's a bit more lively.

Edited by TackleDummy