NFL Week 11.....

CRASHER

The Final Bye Week is here!! Only the NFL can give us a Bye Week from our Bye Weeks just to show that everything HAS to be lawyered to death in the NFL (case in point can we PLEASE go back to the old days of two feet and possession = a football catch??)....anyway, before I rant on the state of the NFL and the joke fines and all that crap...lots of games to get to and I'm still having headaches about tonight's game......

Thursday November 17:

Jets at Broncos:

Damn I have waffled on this game three times already....today. Both teams have some injuries at RB (Moreno and McGahee as well as Tomlinson for the Jets)....neither one of these teams want to throw the ball, hell this game should have a stipulation....first team to complete ten passes (or for Teebow even THROW ten past the line of scrimmage) wins this game....then I started thinking....the Denver D has been playing solid....can the Jets move the ball on them? Then I realized the Jet D should be able to stuff this pathetic "passing is not an option" offense, how the hell does an NFL team attempt eight passes...and WIN.....they WIN....that disgusts me....yeah the Broncos are winning now, but this is a WORSE version of the wildcat and this joke offense won't even get out of the SEASON without blowing up on Denver (well unless they play more awful AFC West teams)....this game should not be THIS hard to figure out.....goddamit....I can't see this joke offense in Denver doing enough (and yes with Vick hurt I'm spiting myself and starting Teebow *gets on my knee*)....but yeah...NO...can't do it, home field and mile high air ain't enough to make up for a QB that can't throw the football......

Winner: Jets

Game Quality: ** (this one could get ugly since neither team can throw for spit!)

Sunday November 20:

1pm:

Raiders at Vikings:

Don't blink ....the Packers are still running to the end zone on the Vikings as we speak...that game was damn near Penn State-like for the Vikings (hey South Park went there, so can I!)....I'm gonna assume that McFadden will be back and playing this week....if not Michael Bush should be able to play like he's in San Diego again....and I just think the Vikings are dead men walking at this point and that beating from the Packers makes them toast for the season....toast is yummy though on the bright side....and Carson Palmer needs the practice time right?

Winner: Raiders

Game Quality: ** (some anti-football potential here, no doubt!)

Bills at Dolphins:

This one's tough too, the Bills are playing like a team that realized how thin the air was up top and had a massive asthma attack (what a nice way to say choke eh?) and is gasping down to Earth here....this is new territory for the Bills though....usually when they get beaten THAT badly by the Cowboys....it was a Super Bowl and they don't gotta play the next week, so this is new turf for them!!! And the Dolphins (amazingly and stupidly) are playing better now....Matt Moore does what Chad Henne never could....THROWS THE BALL TO MARSHALL!!! Reggie Bush is now playing well and finding the end zone....the defense is playing better....it is a home game, but Miami sucks as bad at home as on the road....all signs point to the Dolphins rolling here.....so OF COURSE I gotta pick.....

Winner: Bills (my teams beat up Buffalo enough this week don't ya think? Miami ain't good enough to win 3 in a row)

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Bengals at Ravens:

The Bengals showed you something in a loss last week....Andy Dalton got off the deck down 14-0 and played and got the Bengals back in the game....hell AJ Green damn near killed himself in the effort too....that was scary to see....the defense played better, and does anyone know what the HELL to expect from the Ravens anymore?? They do seem to play up for the big teams, but do they consider the Bengals a "good team"?? Here's an idea RUN RAY RICE MORE......duh!! I get the feeling they will, and they'll be too much for the Bengals at home....

Winner: Ravens

Game Quality: ***

Jacksonville at Cleveland:

Here's an anti-football GEM!!!! The Jaguars had their living bye last week with the Colts....the Browns are a sweet adorable mess as well (I feel for Colt McCoy, this offense makes the Teebow Option look prolific.....)....and really as much as I will try to sit watch and laugh at this game (after all sports are supposed to be FUN, I think it's why I enjoy the bad games as much as I do now)...but I spent over 30 seconds on this....way too long.....

Winner: Jaguars

Game Quality: **** (sweet, WONDERFUL.....CRAP!!!!)

Dallas at Washington:

The Cowboys seem to have things going right, two wins in a row, Dumbo's got the rib protectors off and hasn't frakked up royally in a few weeks....this would be usually a PRIME week for a Cowboy meltdown .....but in come the Washington Redskins....Rex Grossman.... John Beck....hell put Shanahan under center and let him throw a few interceptions for all I give a damn...no running game, no talent at WR....this team STINKS....and don't think the Cowboys forgot Chris Cooley's idiot "I love seeing Tony Romo choke" comment the week after Dallas BEAT the Redskins....I'm sure the Cowboys won't....and don't worry Mr. Cooley, you'll have a great view....but you can't choke when the other team is more pathetic then your own!

Winner: Dallas

Game Quality: *

Tampa Bay at Green Bay:

The Packer machine is damn near unstoppable now....Tampa Bay, you're just another victim....sorry bout yo' DAMN LUCK!!! Next!!! Give me ONE reason to take Tampa....I'm waiting.....

Winner: Packers

Game Quality: DUD (this is gonna be brutal...)

Carolina at Detroit:

Damn this is a bigger game then you'd expect.....the Lions are in trouble people...the offense has been figured out and exposed....they can't run, and all they seem able to do is throw deep to Calvin....that's not a formula to win every week in the NFL (man did Jerome Harrison screw them or what failing that physical, Ronnie Brown was EXACTLY what they needed....least till best comes back), and sCam-a-Mania is coming to a SCREECHING halt (partially because defenses had time to play together and got things going, and the spiral down to Earth is so fast that Andy Dalton is starting to get Rookie of the Year mentions....), the Lions HAVE to have this game, and the pass rush and big plays to Calvin might be enough to get past the Panthers as long as the Lion front four gets all dirty and smashes around Carolina (why do I cheer each time a Lion gets fined by the league...I enjoy how mean and nasty this team is and plays and doesn't give a sh!t that they DO)....and I'll lean on the desperate team here easily.....

Winner: Lions

Game Quality: *** (the match-ups here are exciting)

4pm:

Arizona at 49ers:

The Cardinals may have found their QB....irony....he was there all along, John Skeletor (whatever his name is, I keep calling him Skeletor screw it) gets the ball down the field good and more important....he gets it to Larry Fitz (always a good idea), and seems to have a WAY better understanding of the offense then Kolb did....then again, the Eagles the way they are now, couldn't defend Rutgers....so hard to take that too seriously....this could be a letdown game for the Niners after that awesome win over the Giants...and it may be ugly and it may be close (and Frank Gore better be GODDAMN HEALTHY!), the 49ers find a way in this one.......

Winner: 49ers (DUH)

Game Quality: **

Seattle at St. Louis:

Good God....Seattle after wins....loss to Atlanta 30-28....loss to Cleveland 6-3 (oh what an EPIC), at least St Louis beat Cleveland last week, they are getting healthier....and hell Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford....good enough to beat the awful Seahawks on the road....right???

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to make a case for Tampa Bay....I did NOT forget!!!

Winner: Rams

Game Quality: ** 3/4 (I smell anti-football!!)

Chargers at Bears:

Funny how Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers used to be pretty nasty rivals back when Cutler was a Bronco...now Cutler just needs to whip out Rivers' stats on his cell phone and Rivers can't say a damn thing to him....the Chargers are a mess....turnovers....dummy plays....poor coaching....and it's November, they are another team that is hard to get a grip on...though funny how the Chargers have gone South since Ryan Matthews got hurt....hmmm, what's his status this week? "RB Ryan Mathews has been nicked with various injuries, but said he is fine going into Sunday's game. Mathews will be playing without one of his closer friends on the team, when LG Kris Dielman was placed on IR with a concussion. "He cares so much about the game and works so hard at it," Mathews said. "We just have to pick it up and keep working and know that he is right there with us." ....hmmmm, he's ok...he damn well better be....I need him playing!! But still, the Bears are playing well, especially on defense, and while San Diego has more talent....it's not playing well together....and this just ain't the year for Rivers.....

Winner: Bears

Game Quality: **** (the Chargers are must watch if only to see how they implode!)

Titans at Falcons:

The Titans have been spoon-fed a GLORIOUS chance to get into the AFC South race, Manning....DONE...now Schaub is DONE (and I still laugh when I saw for someone traded for him over the weekend and the trade didn't process till Monday when he was announced as OUT...oops!), the Falcons do seem to be playing better as long as they don't go for idiot 4th and 1 calls in their own territory....in overtime...way to fart the brain out your ass Mike Smith.....I just don't see the Titans having the players to line up and match up in this one....and still it's only 2 games behind the Texans who are trying to give Matt Leinart the Carson Palmer-crash course....anyway....expect lots of Michael Turner here and the Titans not being able to counter it.....

Winner: Falcons

Game Quality: *** (this game means a LOT)

8pm:

Eagles at Giants:

Looks like no Mike Vick this week.....so it's the Vince Young to Mike Kafka show this week....someone better make damn sure that D-Jax gets his ass to ALL the meetings this week (he shoulda waited till this week to sleep in :P), the Giants should be annoyed off that loss last week, and that and a healthier team that actually plays team defense....and even a shell of a running game....yeah, that's better then what the Eagles got...

Winner: Giants (gotta love Sunday Night dud's eh?)

Game Quality: * 1/2

Monday November 21:

Chiefs at Patriots:

I don't have a hockey game and gotta watch THIS?? That's NOT FAIR, CMON WOLVERINES, need a sub Monday!! As painfully average as Matt Cassel is, the backup constantly reminds me of Keanu Reeves in the Replacements (great sports movie too BTW), and I keep expecting to see the HACK-man on the sidelines.....yeah the Pats looked awesome last week (the Jets looked as bad as the Pats looked good too), but really....a backup QB and a running game that's not getting the ball as much, this looks like the game the Pats just blow their load and fool the league into proclaiming them "back" by pounding the Chiefs like cheap veal.....

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: DUD (Shane Falco? #AreYouSeriousBro?)

NFL Week 10 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Steelers...still iffy on them personally, but that was a gut-check win last week

2. Oakland??....damned if I know....is ANYONE in the AFC playing awesomely?? Seriously??

3. Bengals....sometimes you can show something by losing, the Bengals showed some guts last week

4. New England....one win doesn't make you feel all better again.....

5. Houston...Matt Leinart?? Get ready to say goodbye to the top 5 boys.....

NFC:

1. Packers....blah blah blah

2. 49ers...been a long time since they've been NFL-relevant eh?

3. Saints...big statement road win, with some help from some putrid coaching.....

4. Dallas....don't look now, and God help me, they look like they're getting it right (which means they screw it up now)

5. Bears....handing off the football is good for the soul!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the feeling that TD will be all the Jets need.

I don't know, this game's too fvcked up, all it takes is one mistake to turn the game and god knows we've been making more than enough of them the last two weeks. For all of Rex's bellyaching about how Sanchez was dumb taking a timeout too quick last week, HE (Rex) didn't take one at all this week when he should have, instead of giving the offense a minute and a half at the end of the second quarter they only had a minute. That whole two minute drill was one goofball decision after another.

Plus Denver's got the best RB on the field with Tebow, I don't have much confidence in McKnight and Powell to run the clock.

I don't know, this game's too fvcked up, all it takes is one mistake to turn the game and god knows we've been making more than enough of them the last two weeks. For all of Rex's bellyaching about how Sanchez was dumb taking a timeout too quick last week, HE (Rex) didn't take one at all this week when he should have, instead of giving the offense a minute and a half at the end of the second quarter they only had a minute. That whole two minute drill was one goofball decision after another.

Plus Denver's got the best RB on the field with Tebow, I don't have much confidence in McKnight and Powell to run the clock.

Wow you called that one. Another pick-6 against Sanchez. He now has as many career INTs as TD passes.

Let me see Te-blow actually do something with this.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And not for nothing but if Powell doesn't fumble, I don't think the Jets even get the TD they got. God, this offense is a mess. They need line help, another RB because Greene sure as shooting ain't the answer there and Schotty's gotta go. They need to find out if the QB can be part of the solution or not.

Oh lord, another McKnight fumble. Wonderful guys, just give away the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm sorry, but I don't see this Tebow "magic" nonsense lasting long.

Not unless the magic involves every other team fvcking up even more royally :P

For what it's worth, at least Tebow when he isn't on target throws it into the ground instead of into defenders' hands for pick-sixes.

Funny, I was just thinking his best attribute is that he doesn't throw picks (only one so far this season). But in his last two games he's completed 8 friggin' passes, in 23 attempts. His receivers have got to be getting sick of this, regardless of what they might say in the papers.

Funny, I was just thinking his best attribute is that he doesn't throw picks (only one so far this season). But in his last two games he's completed 8 friggin' passes, in 23 attempts. His receivers have got to be getting sick of this, regardless of what they might say in the papers.

I'm about at the point where I'd rather go 2-10 with one big play for instead of 6-10 for minimal yards and one big play against. That's basically what these two QB's are. I do know they won't be able to get away with 2-10 type passing against a real NFL offense but fortunately for them they haven't faced one the last couple of weeks.

CRASHER must be pleased, this is an anti-football classic tonight :P

Back in the lead...hopefully the defense doesn't commit another big penalty or die down the stretch yet again :P

Can't put any of this on the D...Sanchez's gaffe is the only reason Te-blow and Co are in this at all.

Can't put any of this on the D...Sanchez's gaffe is the only reason Te-blow and Co are in this at all.

They're not even playing an NFL offense this week though, it's more like a glorified rugby match. The D hasn't fvcked it up yet but they still have six minutes. I've seen Rex's boys blow too many games late and all they need is a FG to get to OT.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They're not even playing an NFL offense this week though, it's more like a glorified rugby match. The D hasn't fvcked it up yet but they still have six minutes. I've seen Rex's boys blow too many games late and all they need is a FG to get to OT.

Field position game now. Tebow taking his team 96 yards? Hard to picture...

I put this one waaaaaaay more on the Jet offense than their D. D gave up 10 points.

See what Sanchise has...he's got 2 TOs to work with.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I may become a born-again Christian after this :argh:

Figures, our D's great at stopping teams for 55 minutes and gagging it up, Tebow's great at sucking for 55 minutes then stepping it up. Now comes another INT to end it...I wish I could use this prognostication power to predict good things :P

Edited by NJDevs4978