The 2014 World Cup- Brazil

I can feel the hate toward French team : )

Dunno care.. We still move forward!

I dont think there is hate.

The French team has come together at exactly the right time. They looked pretty shoddy in qualifying. But majorly impressed with the team so far.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Are European teams not able to hold up in the warmer climate?  Costa Rica was a shocker.

We will see today how the German team handles the climate. They will be playing in Fortaleza against Ghana who have their backs against the wall

Are European teams not able to hold up in the warmer climate? Costa Rica was a shocker.

Really don't think that's the case. A number of European teams play in heat all year. And in a number of games (England vs Uruguay) the temperature has been better suited to European teams (only 12°c).

Sloppy game by Germany with way too many easy giveaways leading to scoring chances for Ghana. At least they had the right mentality when they were down. All in all a great 2nd half by both teams. For Ghana 1 point was probably not enough.

Really don't think that's the case. A number of European teams play in heat all year. And in a number of games (England vs Uruguay) the temperature has been better suited to European teams (only 12°c).

Historically though European teams don't win the World Cup in the Americas, and other than Brazil one time South American teams generally don't win in Europe.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Before the tournament I would've been happy with 3 points from the Ghana match and 1 from the Portugal match. Even at half time today I would've been happy to salvage a point after a rare error from Cameron had them down. Though the way they blew the lead really makes this feel like a loss even though it shouldn't.

Shocked at how poor Bradley has been this World Cup. Very upset with him right now.

Hoping for the best against Germany but not expecting to get a point out of it. Just hope that either Portugal/Ghana draw, Portugal wins (without some whacky goal differential sh!t happening), or Ghana only wins 1-0 if the US loses 1-0 (a higher scoring Ghana win, even by a goal, would advance them in that scenario).

Before the tournament I would've been happy with 3 points from the Ghana match and 1 from the Portugal match. Even at half time today I would've been happy to salvage a point after a rare error from Cameron had them down. Though the way they blew the lead really makes this feel like a loss even though it shouldn't.

It's not just that they blew the lead it's that they could really get screwed over because of it if Ghana beats Portugal (which you'd kind of expect at this point after seeing both teams play their first two games) since goal difference is so close between them.  If Germany'd beaten Ghana yesterday we'd still be in the driver's seat because of goal difference against Portugal and ahead of Ghana on points clearly but not now.

Plus it seems like they weren't exactly prepared for the elements with half the team cramping up in both games and all of their best players getting hurt except Bradley who seems like he's got his head in the clouds.

couldn't believe that last goal.  heartbreaking. the US played outside their minds but no matter how good a team plays, an ending like that could shift any momentum. they've had a "nothing to lose" demeanor since this thing started though so Im hoping they still play strong against Germany.

did that last goal look like the US gave up? it looked like they let their guard down, didn't show a lot of hustle. 

I was really upste w/ Bradley at first, all he had to do was kcik the ball out, but then I wathc the relplay and Omar Gonzalez was put in 5 minutes earlier to deal w/ any crosses and on the last play he was no where to be found??  WTF??

plus I thought Howard might have been able to get to that ball

I was really upste w/ Bradley at first, all he had to do was kcik the ball out, but then I wathc the relplay and Omar Gonzalez was put in 5 minutes earlier to deal w/ any crosses and on the last play he was no where to be found??  WTF??

plus I thought Howard might have been able to get to that ball

Howard stood no chance with that cross.

That was one of the best crosses I have ever seen in my life.

I agree with your other statement , people were laying into Bradley, but the rest of the team switched off. You cant leave Ronaldo out there with that much time and space.

Watched a lot of the US-Portugal game and it was definitely charged and entertaining, but soccer players really have to stop falling like they've been shot seemingly damned near every time there's contact.  That is beyond annoying. 

And stoppage time is silly.  What's so difficult about stopping the damned clock when there's a reason to (goal scored, out-of-bounds, injuries, etc)?  Just because it's tradition doesn't mean it isn't backwards.  I think starting and stopping the clock would have to be a lot more accurate than throwing some added time on at the end of each half.