Parise with torn meniscus will miss three months.

trailblazer

I had a torn meniscus last year, I got it working out one day, and hardly noticed it until a day later, my leg swelled up and I could hardly walk, I figured in a few days it would go away...but no dice, I walked around like I had a wooden leg for 2 months before finally getting it looked at. The MRI showed 2 big cyst's on each side of the torn muscle....this is what was causing the trouble, I had surgery on it ......no fooling I went in to the facility at 6 am, and was home watching TV by 9:30 am. I even walked up the stairs in my house and never even needed the pain killers I got. In 2 weeks I was back at work....feeling better than ever, I hope this is what Zach has, cause it wont be long till he's back on the ice and playing BETTER than ever.

You have no idea how mean that reply was... :unsure:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a torn meniscus last year, I got it working out one day, and hardly noticed it until a day later, my leg swelled up and I could hardly walk, I figured in a few days it would go away...but no dice, I walked around like I had a wooden leg for 2 months before finally getting it looked at. The MRI showed 2 big cyst's on each side of the torn muscle....this is what was causing the trouble, I had surgery on it ......no fooling I went in to the facility at 6 am, and was home watching TV by 9:30 am. I even walked up the stairs in my house and never even needed the pain killers I got. In 2 weeks I was back at work....feeling better than ever, I hope this is what Zach has, cause it wont be long till he's back on the ice and playing BETTER than ever.

There's a bit of a difference just walking around and skating full-speed in a professional sport though.

Let me clear the air here because some people didnt understand my post about a torn meniscus

It's not that bad.

I know I'm not a pro athlete, but with my crummy doctors and health insurance I did very well, and I'm 40 years old.

If........ and I say IF this is what Zach has.....then we can breathe a little easier ....THATS ALL I MEANT

If I upset anyone with a wooden leg ...I am sorry

and if I upset anyone about the pain killers...well just cause I didnt need them for the knee surgery doesnt mean they went to waste.

Edited by hargsy

You have no idea how mean that reply was... :unsure:

i feel ya. lol.

I stopped here. Yes it was mean, Yes I feel that too RD.

Nothing about knee injuries is "not that bad." Anything involving a knee is bad and I mean bad. Age is irrelevant in this discussion imo.

:soap:

I think they'd be able to see a torn meniscus on an MRI

then you know very little about medicine and how often MRIs can result in false negatives/positives.

(not a dig at all towards you -- it's just that MRIs are not even probably close to 80% accurate so...it's quite easy to not turn up a rupture for a multitude of reasons. hell i've torn my menisci in both knees and none of the tears showed up in any of the MRIs)

Let me clear the air here because some people didnt understand my post about a torn meniscus

It's not that bad.

not completely true. a torn meniscus means different things to different people -- doesn't matter age or whatever else. IF that's what happened to zach then i'll say "okay, at least it wasn't a ligament" BUT when you either sew up or remove the cartilage in the knee, it exposes the joint to arthritis. whether it's progressive or not with zach -- who knows -- he could be in and out of the hospital in a few hours donning a set of spider bites on his knees and nothing else, or it may not 100% correct the problem and he could have issues somewhere down teh road in his career. who knows.

surgery is not a simple thing. after a knee has been operated on, no matter how little the procedure is -- the mechanics of the knee completely change. there are so many variables. scar tissue, arthritis, re-injury, exposure to other injuries due to weakness, etc etc.

that's awesome that you pulled out super quick after surgery -- not everyone is always that lucky haha. my first surgery was for a suspected torn meniscus (that like i previously said did not show up on an MRI). eight surgeries later and i'm looking at replacements in BOTH knees now. i'm only 25 lol.

I'm confused, what was offensive about that?

nothing really. it's just that i've had a sh!t ton of surgeries after needing one seemingly harmless knee surgery so when i read about someone who was all "i was in and out in one day and back to normal like five minutes later!" i lol at the somewhat irony of it all ha. :cheers:

i totally realize too that i'm the exception rather than the norm so before anyone goes all YOURE GETTING OUT OF HAND -- i know i am ha. i just don't want to see anything stupid happen to zach before he even hits the legit prime of his career. i'd rather hold my breath until he's back 100% is all. THATS ALL.

nope, three months. torn meniscus: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_left_wing_zach_parise_to_be_out_three_months_with_torn_meniscus/

I thought your location is "Chicago"

(whats your docs name(s)

yeah, i moved to chicago in 2008 and recently moved back. i've had my knee surgeries ranging from 2003-2005. my first OS was dr david lin (he actually tore apart me knee very badly with three surgeries), second OS was dr john hurley for five surgeries. if you wanna know more details about all my junk, feel free to PM me!

nope, three months. torn meniscus: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_left_wing_zach_parise_to_be_out_three_months_with_torn_meniscus/

yeah, i moved to chicago in 2008 and recently moved back. i've had my knee surgeries ranging from 2003-2005. my first OS was dr david lin (he actually tore apart me knee very badly with three surgeries), second OS was dr john hurley for five surgeries. if you wanna know more details about all my junk, feel free to PM me!

Sorry you went through what you did, I had a Dr Lloyd in Westwood NJ, and the surgery in Paramus, and like I said, it went great....maybe I was lucky, but I'm sure Zach has the BEST available Dr on the job, and in 3 months he'll be awesome again.