RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

I think you are simply adorable.

-----------------

I'm hoping this news moves along; it would make it much easier to start talking realistically about playoff chances and line combos once we know who we're dealing with.

Also, the more Lou talks about "a kid playing defense" the more the Zidlicky deal confuses me. Yeah, it's a very cheap signing for a guy like that, but... Hmm.

To me, it kinda smells like a just in case one of the young guys doesn't work out fail-safe deal. Somebody could always be moved at the deadline, hell, even Zid might be someone who could go, assuming someone grabs that last spot on the D corps.

Jesus the frustration of the offseason is really getting to people this year :lol:

I'll bet Jagr is signed by Wednesday, whether here or somewhere else.

I think it's more people want all this free-agent BS to get done and to be able to start focusing on getting up for the season. This waiting to see if we sign Brunner, Jagr or someone else and lock up Henrique is frustrating. Nobody seems to be in a hurry to get it done...well I guess it give us fans stuff to talk about all summer while we wait

On July 5th NHLSourcesSay said Mason Raymond signed a 2 year deal with Calgary.

Good rule of thumb, if a source is anonymous in their own name then it's also bullsh!t.

Maybe but if he is bullsh!t why the fvck 20 000 people follow him he might be right the majority of time... Well if not i dont follow him anymore

fvcking offseason!!!!!!!!!!!! Devils cant have a fvcking break we wait or kovy we wait for parise! kovy left we wait for brunner jagr mason raymond and even Gordon Bombay! there is no offseason whan you are a devils i hate the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know why I just want the free agent sh!t to end? So I don't have to see 568 posts from these Twitter dipsh!ts who claim to be 'insiders'. I'm sick of it.

It'd be easier if people realized that most inside sources are bullsh!t.  And don't worry once free agency is 'over', then you'll see the trades coming that teams have to make to get under the salary cap.

Maybe but if he is bullsh!t why the fvck 20 000 people follow him he might be right the majority of time... Well if not i dont follow him anymore

20,000 followers doesn't mean he knows something. It just means people fall for his bull. Ecklund has followers and he's terrible.

Jesus the frustration of the offseason is really getting to people this year :lol:

I'll bet Jagr is signed by Wednesday, whether here or somewhere else.

to me its the past 3 offseasons, its been hell literally, never has a fan i remember been able to just relax and wait for hockey to start.  

2010:

1- Zach's contract talks part 1 / arbitration

2- the NEVERENDING Kovy saga

3- The contract penalty

4- have to start a season and play a man short cause Lou handled the cap terribly and players had to play with that black cloud on top of their head knowing someone had to go.

5- Bankruptcy rumours looming

6- terrible (if not worst ever) start of the season + Zach's injury

7-missing the playoffs

The draft expectations and drafting Larsson we're good points i guess.

2011:

1- Bankruptcy rumours looming again

3- Zach's contract talks part 2 / him leaving

Cup run was of course fun, thank god.

2012:

1- Missing the playoffs again

2- Clarkson walking

3- Eternal financial trouble talks

4- Kovy fvcking retiring

of course im not saying everything of the past 3 years we're bad, but as fans we had to go through a fvcking crazy amount of sh!t compared to other teams. Seems like we're ALWAYS waiting for a situation to get resolve and until it's done we're just waiting and waiting and waiting all nervous hoping for the best, very annoying after awhile.

I'd just like to have all our team signed not having to worry about losing our top players, confident in the team for the upcoming season, confident about the team structure and financial stability. Its not that much to ask to me? lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Slightly ironic only because, when I first joined this forum and became a more avid fan, the main complaint was that our offseasons were too boring and bland.. Maybe we get what we ask for? :P

Edited by Colin226

Slightly ironic. The main complaint was that our offseasons were too boring and bland.

..good point.

Since 2006 between trade-deadline(s) & free agency, it's been roughly about 1 project "name" player per season: Mogilny, Shanahan, Arnott, Kovalchuk, Schneider, Sykora, possibly Jagr.

Kovy the signing was obviously great, but Kovy the trade was widely considered a rental.. and that the Devils wouldn't be able to afford him come July.

Edited by Beezer34

i can remember great trades and signings from the late 90's of andreychuk thomas housley gilmore nichols broten

Early 90's too..

Peter Stastny, Slava Fetisov, Walt Poddubny, Claude Lemieux, Stephane Richer. Lou will give you at least 1 name per season, be it an all-star player.. or older veteran. The exception came between 2001 & 2005 -which is where the boring moniker comes from. Albeit the Niewendyk transaction there were very little flashy trades\signings during these years, because with homegrown talent like: Brodeur, Gomez, Daneyko, Rafalski, Elias, Sykora, Niedermayer, Gionta, Madden, White, etc.. there really didn't need to be! Meanwhile the rest of the league was spending money like maniacs on "SuperStar Teams."

Between 2001 & 2004, the Colorado Avalanche had; Sakic, Roy, Foote, Bourque, Kasparaitis, Blake, Deadmarsh, Forsberg, Selanne, Kariya, Hejduk, Tanguay & Drury. The 2002 & 2003 Redwings had; Chelios, Datsyuk, Hull, Hasek, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Larionov, Shanahan, Yzerman, Murphy, Joseph, Robitaille, Schneider, Zetterberg. Then of course the Rangers with Messier, Leetch, Gretzky, Fleury, Graves, Richter, Bure, Lindros, Nedved, Kovalev, Holik, Jagr, etc.

The Devils throughout these years, were successful not only through losing players like Arnott, Sykora, Mogilny, Holik.. but by doing practically nothing during July.. and with Grant Marshall deadline deals. To say other fanbases became a tad jealous would be an understatement.

• Like 3