2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

It boggles my mind how alex ovechkin can just routinely score pp goals from the same exact spot every time. How can you not just put a guy on him and force any other caps player to score... He's seriously their only legitimate option on the pp, don't let the puck get to him!

At 4-0 Flyers I was thinking...well not the ideal outcome but at least Washington won't get anything out of this.

4-3 in a heartbeat.

It's like there is this league wide conspiracy to keep the Devils out of the playoffs

Well, 5-3 now

Flames 1-0 up on Ottawa which is good

It boggles my mind how alex ovechkin can just routinely score pp goals from the same exact spot every time. How can you not just put a guy on him and force any other caps player to score... He's seriously their only legitimate option on the pp, don't let the puck get to him!

I'm not watching the WSH game right now but Tyler Dellow had this great post on WSH and Ovechkin on the PP from February 3rd. Interesting read and breakdown. Back in November, Chris Boyle of Sportsnet had this post on Ovechkin's renaissance with some cool heat maps to break things down.

Calgary beats Ottawa, good result there.

Tomorrow is a big day for the Devils

Caps-Bruins - We need Boston in regulation

Avs-Wings - Avs in regulation

Blue Jackets-Blackhawks - Blackhawks need to get their act together and crush the Jackets.

If the Caps and Wings both lose tomorrow, the Devils can leapfrog both with a win over Detroit on Friday night (and tie Columbus in points should they lose)

He's back in juniors isn't he? Don't think he was eligible for the AHL this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

o ok you're probably right. But still the point is that I thought he'd make an impact in the nhl this year for sure

I'm not watching the WSH game right now but Tyler Dellow had this great post on WSH and Ovechkin on the PP from February 3rd. Interesting read and breakdown. Back in November, Chris Boyle of Sportsnet had this post on Ovechkin's renaissance with some cool heat maps to break things down.

thanks for the links- yeah i see a lot of caps games especially when the devils are off and Oates uses ovechkin on the pp exactly like we did with kovy (with much more success). It amazes me how teams don't just shadow him over there- he literally has half of their pp goals. I was at the game right before the olympic break and the devils did a good job preventing him from setting up the one timer.