GDT: Devils at Toronto. 7PM

Quinn01

Just got in from being at this game......I don't know if this has been mentioned... but....

KOVY was given penalty kill time tonight!!!!!!

This to me was huge and I made it known to the dumb ass Leaf fans around me. Kovy is getting more confidence and is now more reliable in all situations. I was shocked at first, then totally impressed. He did good.....

Hedberg rocked the hizzy.... solid effort!!! Our 4th didn't do what it normally does in my opinion (Mair played), and we got the shaft on a few calls tonight, but overall a solid effort. I wish PP didn't suck worse than my 15 year old Hoover though.

Kovy flew tonight, it is crazy how Elias is EVERYWHERE, Zubs is a count on guy, 4th line is fun to watch, Zajac is crazy good on faceoffs, the D is reliable.....and this is a big one.... they GET to rebounds, clear out players from in front, etc. Noticable difference from the earlier stages of the season.

Damn is was good to scream happy things at the ACC tonight............Woooo Hoooooo................

PAGING MANTA! How bad was the Kovalhuk signing?!? :rofl:

I believe it was the end of this glorious franchise's winning ways.

Something like we'll never be good again until we rid ourselves of that cancer.

Of course Manta runs and hides when things start to turn around.

I believe it was the end of this glorious franchise's winning ways.

Something like we'll never be good again until we rid ourselves of that cancer.

Of course Manta runs and hides when things start to turn around.

No surprise here. But he better come pay the piper soon. Kovy will likely hit 30 goals this season, despite the worst start for our entire team ever

EDIT: HE IS SCORING HUGE GOALS RIGHT NOW

Edited by ThreeCups

the first half of this season is such a shame for this team. i know manta loved it, but there is a lot of talent here and that was inexcusable. more on john maclean and lou than the players. kovalchuk is becoming more beastly with every passing day in this uniform. i'm willing to bet that manta will not be posting at all by the all star break next season.

So not fair to macLean. Jacques not only has YEARS on MacLean. He also had the benefit of screwing up then stepping back to get a good clear picture then the chance to tackle the same problem. You're giving Lemaire an undeserved Mulligan on the score sheet

And Lemaire has had the advantage of coaching a team without it's biggest cancer on it anymore since he sent Langenbrunner packing like we needed do six months sooner :P

I went NUTS tonight when I was at the game. I was pretty quiet for most of the part, except making smart @ss Kessel remarks to some d-bag sitting a few rows over. Good game, would've like to seen some more goals but we worked hard, and lol at Phaneuf. I knew when I saw Kovy streaking down the ice, it was game over lol. Happy Birthday to me, I'm drunk, going to bed.

I went NUTS tonight when I was at the game. I was pretty quiet for most of the part, except making smart @ss Kessel remarks to some d-bag sitting a few rows over. Good game, would've like to seen some more goals but we worked hard, and lol at Phaneuf. I knew when I saw Kovy streaking down the ice, it was game over lol. Happy Birthday to me, I'm drunk, going to bed.

haha nice bday present, happy birthday.

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Kovalchuk on scoring to get Lemaire his 600th: “It’s nice. We knew he had 599 and I think he’s the best coach I ever played for definitely"

Gotta give both coach and player tons of credit for this. Kovy's OT winner was wonderful, but it's everything else that Kovy's been doing that has me blown away. Lemaire has somehow undone YEARS of Kovy's bad habits and poor instincts and has turned him into a competent all-around hockey player who's putting up points to boot, in a very short period of time. Is it because Lemaire is truly that great a coach? Is it because after a incredibly dreadful first half, Kovy broke down and finally had his Richard Gere "I AIN'T GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!" moment, allowing Lemaire to build him back up?

There's a part of me that wonders what will happen if Lemaire doesn't coach next year, if Kovy will retain what he's learned.

The $100 million dollar man wants to prove he is worth it. We got an amazing talent here for the next decade+. Enjoy it folks, we are going to witness a Hall of Famer during the peak of his career. He will score his 500th goal in a Devils jersey, and hopefully hoist a Cup or 3 in a Devils jersey as well!

Hey Phaneuf..

PfZmW.png

THIS +1 LOL and like other posters have mentioned I like Kovy playing at the point on the PK team

The guy plays wide and long. he's a great angler and pressures the point passing. I can't wait to see him steal one.

He simply plays at a different speed than the rest of the NHL

BTW, Thanks Moose quality goaltending last night

he's certainly entitled to his opinion on kovalchuk. however, vanishing while the devils are succeeding raises serious questions about his fandom.

He was doom and gloom re: Kovy from the beginning. He was definitely sooooo happy that his "prediction" was right; for at least a few months. Now that Kovy is playing like we all hoped he would, Manta has vanished like Houdini! He is probably terribly upset that he is not nostradamus after all. Maybe MANTA was the problem with the Devs this year. He was a jinx and now that he is MIA, the boys are on a hotttt streak. Here's to hoping Manta never comes back, and the Devs keep on keepin on all the way to the PLAYOFFS?!?!? :cheers:

I dont know about that. JMAC did have to deal with the cancer that is Langs.

excuses. so did Burns, Robinson, Julien, Sutter and Lemaire, none did THAT terrible

well he didn't become a cancer til Sutter got here, but regardless. 9-22 because of one player? I smell bullsh!t

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

excuses. so did Burns, Robinson, Julien, Sutter and Lemaire, none did THAT terrible

well he didn't become a cancer til Sutter got here, but regardless. 9-22 because of one player? I smell bullsh!t

Check the Stars record pre-Vagine and now with .... the drop-off is significant (as well as the lack of production from the "leader")