N.F.L. Week 11

CRASHER

...good God only a week till Turkey Day already...the Birthday Fortnight is coming... and the NFL starts playing for keeps now... then after the world enjoys my birthday, it's time for Jesus' lil day in the sun and then it's playoff time... there is no better time in the year is there??? and we're gonna have some make or break games this week too!!!

Thursday Nov 18:

Miami at Carolina:

Ouch.... Ronnie Brown is done for the year... that's the dude who makes the Wildcat WORK.... no way are they replacing that all to easily....Both of these teams are battling to erase the miserable starts to their season and get back to .500 football (an act of God practically)....these teams are VERY similar... strong run game, big name pass rushers not fully producing, strange play from the QB (ok that was generous for Delhomme, but he's gotten better)...though funny little story.... the wildcat BEGAN in Carolina, with Dan Henning and DeAngelo Williams, it just got perfected in Miami... but anyway, you take two teams I consider dead even and take out the key to one team's offense (Brown)... and you just gotta love the other team, who also happens to be home......

Prediction: Panthers

Game Quality: *** (this one fascinates me)

Sunday Nov 21:

Ravens at Colts:

Hoooo boy, this could be a slobberknocker.... will the Colts get lucky again this week? How will the Ravens who only got one offensive TD on the Browns play against an almost functional NFL defense? How will the sub-par Raven defense handle an actual team with that Manning guy calling plays? I'm tired of the damn Colts I really am (maybe just because I know this is a one n done team in the playoffs), but for now... the regular season dynamo continues (and I can't use my Devils-Colts analogy, because you know on NJDevs, God Forbid you talk about a team that does great in the regular season and finds a way to fail in the playoffs with an all-timer as the focus of the team and we can't talk about that... unless we mock the Sharks... yeah everyone mocks the Sharks!) ... anyway... you know the drill here....

Prediction: Colts

Game Quality: *** (bring on the pop-guns!)

Washington at Dallas:

Well, I've really not spoken much of the Cowboys all week (then again even when I am home I am playing personal laptop savior to those who share the awesome of the Dec 13 birthday!)....now let's be honest, the ONLY reason Washington won was Chris Simms (who is still the most horrific QB I've ever seen throw a football for money (or scholarship)....I hope his dad never has to watch that!!! Anyway.... yes Dallas looked like ass last week... but that game had letdown written all over it and EVERY team has one of those games (unless you're the Saints and you win anyway, or your colts and you find a way to make the evil genius get stupid)... both teams are gonna be ready for this game because it's Cowboys and fvcking Redskins!! But bad teams do NOT win two games in a row... and to the shock of no one the Redskins are a BAD TEAM, gotta think the Cowboys find a way here.....

Prediction: Dallas

Game Quality: *** (something weird will happen)

Cleveland at Detroit:

OH SWEET JESUS, THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL DOSE OF ANTI-FOOTBALL!!! I was so excited about this one when I saw it LAST SUNDAY I demanded the TV to my left and said THIS GAME WILL BE HERE NEXT SUNDAY and I don't care how many people I have to kill to make this happen! I'm excited! Brady Quinn... Matt Stafford....the only thing that doesn't belong here is Calvin Johnson... he's actually good and catches the ball and stuff...and the one guy on Cleveland who can do anything is also hurt (and how you let a guy like that get hurt in a 16-0 game on the LAST PLAY OF THE GAME... you might be a Mangenius :P).... anyway, you know the Browns are bad when I pick the Lions with conviction!!!

Prediction: LIONS

Anti-Football game potential: *****

49ers at Packers:

nice twist of fate by the NFL, having the Packers play their old rivals from the early 90s in a row here right? Both of these teams won games they weren't expected too last week.... and both teams did it with defenses, again whoever wins here is gonna have a pulse and a chance in the NFC Playoff Hunt (more so if Carolina loses Thursday)... this game is going to be a good, exciting under the radar game this week... sucks all the good sh!t's at one this week (damn you schedule makers)... I'm still kinda down on the Niners and Alex Smith... that all ya got... I'll take A-Rod on his back over that, especially at home....

Prediction: Packers

Game Quality: ***

Buffalo at Jacksonville:

Oh boy!!! This one could be interesting... again I am sad I won't get this on TV... but the post-Dick Jauron era begins!!! Ryan Fitzpatrick in THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I'm oddly excited about this game... but let's be honest.. even four year olds know BUFFALO STINKS! And hell it's the odd numbered year, so the Jaguars will be a playoff team after all.....

Prediction: Jaguars

Game Quality: * 3/4 (damn you Jaguars, this could have been a stinker delight!)

Seattle at Vikings:

One team up... one team down...I think it's well past the time to throw the white flag up about the Seahawks... and Brett Favre fever is still infecting the world.... and let's be honest the Vikings win because they have a defense and a monster run game... and not the old idiot behind center... but anyway... Seattle sucks, and the Vikings don't.....

Prediction: Vikings

Game Quality: *

Atlanta at NY Giants:

Wow... HUGE game... both teams have struggled a bit and the Falcons are in BIG trouble without Michael Turner (who has QB-level importance to this team...).... we all know (and love) the Giant struggles this year (CMON.. admit it.. it's good for ya!)... but the Falcons are that team that can't find a way to beat a team that's better then them.... I just can't see it... well unless the Giants get no pass rush (and that's always been how you beat them... if they can't get to Matt Ryan (and they should be able to).... the Giants are dead plain and simple...as much as I love to see the NY teams that still play in NJ fail... it's not gonna be this week.....

Prediction: Giants

Game Quality: ** (it won't be good)

Saints at Tampa Bay:

The Saints are slipping each week but keep finding ways to win... they have a few injuries, but they are playing the lesser teams and that makes it easier to pull these games outta the fire....but the pressure of the zero in the loss column is gonna start building as people begin to make the annual big deal about this....good thing they're playing a HORRID Tampa team and they can play half a game and win this sucker.... just keep Colston off the board and I'll be happy :-)

Prediction: Saints

Game Quality: DUD

4pm:

Arizona at St.Louis:

The Rams had their almost last week, and Jesus' top friend on facebook loves to put a show on when he comes back home to St. Louis...I really can't make a case for the other team... so PRAISE JESUS and start your Cardinals this week :P

Prediction: Arizona

Game Quality: DUD

Chargers at Denver:

This happens every year doesn't it?? The Chargers suck early... flip a switch and become invulnerable and steam roll EVERY ONE (Norv Turner is the anti-Wade Phillips :P)... not to mention... Chris Simms is the starting QB for the Broncos (my boy Kyle Orton is gonna be out a while with the nasty high ankle sprain and this is gonna kill the Denver season... (CMON 9-7??)... sometimes a game looks so obvious that you worry about it because of that... but it's Chris Effing Simms...he couldn't hit a bonfire with a heat seeking missile!!! This one's gonna be ugly kids!!!

Prediction: Chargers

Game Quality: ** (I will laugh at Simms much here)

Jets at Patriots:

Well well.... Fat Boy Rex vs Fat Head Bill....tears will be shed!! But all the theatrics aside, this game does mean alot... the Jets win...one game back with a tiebreaker.... if the Pats win it's a fatal stab wound towards claiming the AFC East (again)... somehow I think Darth Hoodie will PUNT on 4th and 2 this time (I have a very simple belief on this... you put your opponent in the position to make a mistake and screw the game up... you picked him off twice in the half... YOU PUNT THE BALL, you DO NOT PLAY PREVENT, and you win that game)... but the Jets are dropping like Obama in the polls, so it's kinda hard to pick them here... and the Pats owe them from round one don't they?? Looks like maybe the best game on TV at 4pm.....

Prediction: Pats

Game Quality: *** 3/4

Bengals at Raiders:

Wow... Jamarcus Russel gets benched... tears are shed by Bengal D owners all over the fantasy football universe! I don't care of J.Christ and his lackeys become the Raider offense, this team will still SUCK right now... though El Christo could use his divine powers to strike Al Davis down and THAT would help the Raiders muchly....so um.. yeah... the Bengals will win :P

Prediction: Bengals

Game Quality: * (back in Sept. this reeked of anti-football... what a shame...)

8pm:

Philly at Chicago:

One shall stand... one shall fall.... one team will miss Brian Westbrook... one team might be crying for Rex Grossman back... one team can't coach out of it's own way (Phily)... and somehow one of these two FUBARed teams is gonna have a secure hold on a playoff spot and a key tiebreaker (especially Philly)... even without Westbrook, the Eagles have a good offense and guys who can make plays... and they're gonna attack on defense... and that means Jay Cutler is gonna set a new high for interceptions on Sunday Night, should be a fun game... especially if things get ugly!

Prediction: Eagles

Monday Nov 22:

Titans at Houston:

This game is really fascinating... the Titans are back, with Vince Young playing leaps and bounds better then Drunken Kerry was... the running game is dangerous and they've won three in a row... and then on the other side... we have the Texicans... and like a lot of things from Texas, every time I put my faith in them, they turn and disappoint me (you know like sending me a jersey I paid half the money for :P)... so I'm really nervous about them here....but as well as the Titans are playing....they've screwed me enough times as is... and not to mention the Vince Young homecoming......ah, I can't do it.....

Prediction: Texicans (I HATE this pick)

NFL Power Ranking, Week 10:

AFC:

1. Colts, their luck extends across the field into brain farts :P

2. Cincinnati... how can you not be impressed??

3. Denver... won't be back on this list without Kyle Orton....

4. Pittsburgh.... did play tough still... not an easy out....

5. New England... If only I can bash the 4th and 2 more this way!

NFC:

1. Saints... still the man

2. Vikings... oh yeah you beat the Lions... woooooo

3 Arizona... just enough defense and rushing to be dangerous now....

4. Dallas... let down game... maybe???

5. Atlanta... big trouble without Turner???

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crash, thanks for picking Carolina- with Ronnie done, I'm looking for any edge I can find!!! :P

Hey my winning percentage is still pretty high :P

you guys losing Brown is like most teams losing a QB!

Buffalo at Jacksonville:

Oh boy!!! This one could be interesting... again I am sad I won't get this on TV... but the post-Dick Jauron era begins!!! Ryan Fitzpatrick in THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I'm oddly excited about this game... but let's be honest.. even four year olds know BUFFALO STINKS! And hell it's the odd numbered year, so the Jaguars will be a playoff team after all.....

Prediction: Jaguars

Game Quality: * 3/4 (damn you Jaguars, this could have been a stinker delight!)

FINALLY!!!!

I swore off this franchise until Old Man Ralph came to his damn senses!

And oh yeah, like the groundskeepers in major League say about the Indians...They are still $**tty...but at least emotionless Jauron is gone and I cam resume more pain and suffering :cheers:

Edited by LOTCB

We played like crap on Monday Night and were very fortunate that Cleveland didn't actually throw the ball, as this has been our weakness all year, which isn't a good thing going up against Manning. With Suggs and Ngata out, I don't see how this game will be close.

Hoping for the best. We should be able to run on the Colts.

Who does the scheduling? Are they jokers?? Last week we play the team that replaced us in Cleveland, now we play the team that moved to make Baltimore available.

Edited by MantaRay

We played like crap on Monday Night and were very fortunate that Cleveland didn't actually throw the ball, as this has been our weakness all year, which isn't a good thing going up against Manning. With Suggs and Ngata out, I don't see how this game will be close.

Hoping for the best. We should be able to run on the Colts.

Who does the scheduling? Are they jokers?? Last week we play the team that replaced us in Cleveland, now we play the team that moved to make Baltimore available.

The fact that the Ravens are favored this week tells me all I need to know.

The Ravens can EASILY be 7-2 and should have beaten the Vikings for sure. I see the Ravens winning 27-21 against the Colts.

Hey my winning percentage is still pretty high :P

you guys losing Brown is like most teams losing a QB!

Losing Ronnie sucks, but that's football... gotta move on and do the best with what we've got (which 'aint much unfortunately). I don't have a good feeling about this game.

Ronnie done? What happened to him?

He broke his foot on Sunday.

Losing Ronnie sucks, but that's football... gotta move on and do the best with what we've got (which 'aint much unfortunately). I don't have a good feeling about this game

I agree... but your WR corps is horrid... the TEs have stunk.... and is there a good back behind Ricky... I don't think there is....

Maybe line up Ginn in the Wildcat... he can't catch maybe he can throw :lol:

it's a shame... two healthy teams and this is a toss up game

I agree... but your WR corps is horrid... the TEs have stunk.... and is there a good back behind Ricky... I don't think there is....

Maybe line up Ginn in the Wildcat... he can't catch maybe he can throw :lol:

it's a shame... two healthy teams and this is a toss up game

We have this dude Lex Hilliard who will be teaming with Ricky- Hilliard had a nice camp and made the team to add depth at RB and play on ST's... Ricky will get the bulk of the carries, but Hilliard will get some totes as well.

Our WR corps might be the worst I've ever seen. If Chad Henne had even one play-maker to throw to, people would be talking about Chad Henne a lot more. Fasano is out again tonight- believe it or not, we've gotten better production out of our TE's since he got hurt. Haynos has been solid, and this kid Kory Sperry, who was singed from the practice squad last weekend, had 3 catches fro 71 yards and a TD last week.

It's a shame, too. Coming into the season, I loved your recieving corps. I thought Ginn was ready to break out, and I absolutely love (and still do) Devone Bess and Greg Camarillo.

Because my great friend is a Dolfan, and has been forever, I've taken quite a liking to the Fish and either watch all of their games live, or watch the "Dolphins in 30" the next day (I heart NFL sunday ticket).

Camarillo and Bess are very good complimentary receivers- very good. But they are both #3's. When you don't have a #1 and a #2, you aren't gonna do much with a bunch of guys who are #3's. I never really thought Ginn would be a true #1 because he lacks toughness- but I AT LEAST thought he would be Chris Chambers. He isn't even close to being THAT good, which was #2 level play. Chambers made some ridiculous catches and dropped easy ones... Ginn drops EVERYTHING.

Edited by MadDog2020

What is up with Carolina at home this season? They can't win. Delhomme is flat out terrible and so is Carolina. They pull a DUD game at home against an injured Miami team. Williams good game for him and a big win here for Miami. So far not liking these two boring announcers on the NFL Network. They can do better. Two not so good games the first two weeks on Thursday night. Just cannot get into them with these very bad announcers.

Nahh Carolina isn't terrible. They got a lot of talent (how many teams can say they have a top 3 back and receiver), but Fox, Hurney (GM) and their boy Delhomme have to go. A new coach and QB, and this team is fine.

Congrats to MD2020 for the Dolphins keeping their season alive. I didn't see the first half due to work, but from what I heard it was pathetic. Another Delhomme INT probably cost us. Also that 3rd and 12 first down by the Dolphins can not happen. But neither can that Ricky's TD run.

I'm not sure who made that touchdown saving tackle by the Dolphins on DeAngelo, but that might have been the difference in the game seeing as Delhomme got picked off right after. You have to feel bad for Steve Smith. I know he is a top 3 receiver in this game. You put him with a better QB his career and he is a HOF receiver. Jake just can't get the ball to him, and the Panthers coaching staff are not doing anything creative like they used to to get him the ball.

The Panthers actually have a lot of talent that isn't utilized right. Gary Barnidge could be a great TE on another team. I am sure MD2020 would agree with me after seeing that game.

I just wanted to add that we could have had a nice 1st round pick to draft a QB, but no...Hurney traded that away to get a 2nd round pick.

Edited by devilsrule33

Nahh Carolina isn't terrible. They got a lot of talent (how many teams can say they have a top 3 back and receiver), but Fox, Hurney (GM) and their boy Delhomme have to go. A new coach and QB, and this team is fine.

Congrats to MD2020 for the Dolphins keeping their season alive. I didn't see the first half due to work, but from what I heard it was pathetic. Another Delhomme INT probably cost us. Also that 3rd and 12 first down by the Dolphins can not happen. But neither can that Ricky's TD run.

I'm not sure who made that touchdown saving tackle by the Dolphins on DeAngelo, but that might have been the difference in the game seeing as Delhomme got picked off right after. You have to feel bad for Steve Smith. I know he is a top 3 receiver in this game. You put him with a better QB his career and he is a HOF receiver. Jake just can't get the ball to him, and the Panthers coaching staff are not doing anything creative like they used to to get him the ball.

The Panthers actually have a lot of talent that isn't utilized right. Gary Barnidge could be a great TE on another team. I am sure MD2020 would agree with me after seeing that game.

I just wanted to add that we could have had a nice 1st round pick to draft a QB, but no...Hurney traded that away to get a 2nd round pick.

Thanks DR, classy stuff bro... I do agree with you- Carolina is a talented team, but I think it's time for a change in leadership. I would be shocked if Cowher wasn't coaching there next year. Shocked. DeAngelo Williams is a beast- a flat-out beast. As is Steve Smith... but if I'm Carolina, I'm looking at drafting a QB this year- Delhomme is finished. The INT he threw tonight was just a terrible and careless throw (but I'll take it :P ). Btw DR, that was Yeremiah Bell who made the TD saving tackle on that play... absolutely huge play because the pick came 3 plays later.

This was just a huge win for us... sitting at 5-5 and going to Buffalo next week, with New England coming to our house the week after- good chance we're 6-5 heading into that game. I can't believe I have to hope the Jets win this week, but I do. If the Jets can somehow pull that game out, New England then has to go to New Orleans next week. Very unlikely- BUT it is within the realm of possibility the Dolphins and Patriots enter that game both at 6-5 batting for the division lead. One can hope, eh? :cheers:

Edited by MadDog2020

I had the game PVR'd, but I didn't want to watch the first half. From what I have heard and read, this was some of the worst game-planning by a team that you can have. I know it was a short week, and they were really ready for the wildcat, but obviously Miami wasn't using it much. DeAngelo Williams runs for 122 yards and has 9+ per carry, and he only gets 13 carries. That is inexcusable, especially since Miami couldn't really stop the run. 13 fvcking carries. Letting Jake pass a lot is not a recipe for success.

A change in leadership is coming. If Cowher wants the job, it's probably his. He's been rumoured for long enough Jerry Richardon (the owner) has been so patient with Fox and Hurney, but time for a change. But again, not having a 1st round pick is going to hurt the chances of them getting a good QB.

People call Steve Smith a hot head, but he been as calm as you can be publicly given the circumstance. A lot of the big named receivers wouldn't be...that's for sure. And Steve Smith isn't dogging it either when he doesn't get the ball. He is a great blocking receiver as I am sure MD2020 would agree with. He had one devastating block tonight.

I hate to use injuries as an excuse, especially since the Dolphins played without Ronnie, but this defense is not the same without Thomas Davis. And I feared that going into the game. He was a pro bowler for sure.

As for the Dolphins. I hate to say it, but I just don't see them making the playoffs, not without the Wildcat. But get to 6-5 and you never know.

Clutch win for Miami, although having our Centers all get hurt might be a problem down the line. I didn't see the 4th quarter, but I heard this morning that Grove got hurt, which will be a big problem if it's serious.

As for playoffs...it is possible, but it all hinges on taking care of our own business first. Six games left (BUF, NE, JAC, HOU, TEN, PIT, not necessarily in that order), some of which are not going to be easy. If we beat BUF and NE, I consider that a good sign of things to come.

This was just a huge win for us... sitting at 5-5 and going to Buffalo next week

One of the very few times I will 'root' for the Dolphins...CMON DRAFT POSITION!

Rickey Williams: 32 and actually seemingly at the peak of his career...what a transformation he made..and at that age for a Rb...impressive..

Agree with change needed in Carolina...who is the OC in Carolina? He should be unemployed this morning.

Edited by LOTCB