GAME THREAD: Carolina @ New Jersey

Weekes Head

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. He has six more years and is at 80 already. He'll probably get 3-4 more this season.

Btw...there was no way the Devils were losing that game.

Yup. He needs 24 to break the regular season record (103). Assume he doesn't get another one this year, he'd still only need 4 a season for the 6 years he signed for, and he's never gotten less than 4 in a full season (of course this is the "new" NHL designed to bring down the Devils :rofl:). The combined record (115) is a little bit more difficult. 36 isn't a huge stretch though (6 a season counting playoffs, once again ignoring the rest of this season) if the Devils go deep in the playoffs 1 or 2 seasons.

I think a lot of us saw the 0 shutouts in the early part of the season as kind of the death knell to surpassing that record. It's amazing how things change so quickly.

So far, Brodeur earns his fifth shutout in a month. Um...So Marty will get let's say 5 each year. By the age of 40, he will have 110 career shutouts and 130 in total!!! How about the W column, I think he'll pass Roy's 551 wins as well because he will get 180W for 6 years hopefully and will have more than 580Ws. Holy cow!!!!! Maybe Brodeur will re-sign for one or 2 more years!!!! Interesting.

Meh, I can't accept greed. I hate greed. Leaving for moeny is 20 times worse. Of course, I too am a momma's boy. :D

Yeah. Nieds obviously never wanted the responsibility the team gave to him, especially when Stevens was out. He just didn't have the heart that we hoped he did. He's a hockey player, not a Devil. I don't even think he's a leader. He's just a great player... there's nothing wrong with that, though.

Guys, about the regular season record vs. the combined (playoffs + regular season) record, won't he break the combined one first?

Combined record is 115, he has 100 and any shutout, regular season or playoffs goes toward that record. So he only needs 16 in either the regular season or the playoffs.

Regular season record is 103 and he needs 24 to break that in the regular season.

So unless I'm missing something, he breaks the combined record first.

Guys, about the regular season record vs. the combined (playoffs + regular season) record, won't he break the combined one first?

Combined record is 115, he has 100 and any shutout, regular season or playoffs goes toward that record. So he only needs 16 in either the regular season or the playoffs.

Regular season record is 103 and he needs 24 to break that in the regular season.

So unless I'm missing something, he breaks the combined record first.

Yeah... that's what I get for posting tired and half drunk. I kept thinking of the 80 number when talking about the combined shutouts for some reason.

Edited by David Puddy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.