34 replies to this topic

#21 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

wtf is this guy....??? shut up butler will do a better job than you captain cocksucker

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

wtf is this guy....??? shut up butler will do a better job than you captain cocksucker

This is just stupid. The namecalling is one thing but Bobby Butler's a frigging washout. If he matches SYKORA's production from last year, that's more than anyone can expect.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

How's that huge signing bonus Zach?

fvck off.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

More time for you to spoon Suter on that money mattess Zach!
Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

#25 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

fvck this guy
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#26 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

i went and got the most outrageous contract, not just for me but my childhood butbuddy and now i complain about how the owners are greedy and are ruining the league for players less fortunate. i get laughed at for my lack of off the ice integrity, but that's ok, i'm not a devil anymore, i don't need integrity.

What on Earth are you talking about lack of off ice integrity? Do you have anything to back this up or does he lack integrity just because he left the Devils?

I don't know why it would matter to Pari$e. He got a huge signing bonus

Gee I don't know, maybe because he wants to play hockey.

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

Seriously, what a bunch of whiny babies.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#27 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'm pissed that zach chose money and hometown over chance at a cup. Fine. That was his decision. However, he is not speaking up for any loyalty for the average guy on the team since zach has his bazillions and will continue to get them. It took two to sign that contract: zach and the owner so any larger financial issues with the league that occur over overpayment of talent are partly his fault too.

boohoo he doesn't get to play a frickin game right away. Build a rink in your backyard and invite suter over for a sleepover. Play all you want. I don't give a crap that zach doesn't get to perform with a lifetime of financial security while the majority don't including the people that buy the tickets that pay his f'n salary.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#28 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

What step in the grief process are we in? Anger? Denial? Both? Zach is gone. He can have fun smoking a $20 in the cool Minnesota air. Good riddance.
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Wish I had his problems.

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'm pissed that zach chose money and hometown over chance at a cup. Fine. That was his decision. However, he is not speaking up for any loyalty for the average guy on the team since zach has his bazillions and will continue to get them. It took two to sign that contract: zach and the owner so any larger financial issues with the league that occur over overpayment of talent are partly his fault too.

boohoo he doesn't get to play a frickin game right away. Build a rink in your backyard and invite suter over for a sleepover. Play all you want. I don't give a crap that zach doesn't get to perform with a lifetime of financial security while the majority don't including the people that buy the tickets that pay his f'n salary.

Devils aren't a lock to get to the Cup again...last year's run was a lot of fun, especially since two bitter rivals were knocked out along the way, but who knows if the Devils get there again? Not like there aren't any question marks with 2012-13 team as currently constructed.

The owners are the ones that get themselves into these messes...they NEVER show restraint, despite the fact that several teams have showed that running out and buying talent rarely gets you to the promised land. Zach doesn't get 13 years and $98 million unless there's an owner willing to give it to him. It's not Zach's job to say "Gee whiz, that's a lot of money, maybe I shouldn't take it." Cracks me up that there's a lockout looming, yet it seems like more long-term deals are being signed every day.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

What step in the grief process are we in? Anger? Denial? Both? Zach is gone. He can have fun smoking a $20 in the cool Minnesota air. Good riddance.

All of the stages of grief are just anger for me. It just goes from REALLY ANGRY to less angry, then back to REALLY ANGRY, then sorta pissed, then back to HATRED!!

Edited by ATLL765, 31 August 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#32 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

And just like Milton Friedman, Parise is a douchenozzle.

+1 for use of douchenozzle and making me lol.

I think Zach makes a valid point and Buttman should be replaced. I'd nominate Lou, 'cept I don't wanna lose em! Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#33 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

I guess when he was no longer a Devil he forgot about class and how to speak the media. "Gary" is the boss of the league you are employed in and is indirectly the reason you are going to be swimming in a pool filled with money while the rest of us that work 9-5 every day have REAL stuff to worry about.

#34 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think Zach makes a valid point and Buttman should be replaced. I'd nominate Lou, 'cept I don't wanna lose em! Posted Image

Um, if you figure that holdout RFAs are the GM equivalent of Lockouts for league commissioners then I'd say it's probably more likely that with Lou you'd have a lockout every single opportunity. Lou's never really been a players' GM. Just ask Bill Guerin, Brian Rolston and Scott Niedermayer.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

with Lou instead of bettman the CBA negociations would be at the same point right now, lou would wait until a week before the CBA expire to start negociations.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users