2013 NJDevs Fantasy Hockey

redruM

I agree the deal heavily favors TheMazz, but at the same time I don't see it as DM dumping his team. I don't recall a previous example that was vetoed in this manner. If so, I would have liked to have seen it earlier in that Nash deal. It still looks ridiculously lopsided, even with the benefit of time.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't a dump. DM told me he wasn't aware how badly Lindbach was hurt. I do always ask the other team what they were thinking in questionable deals before a veto. He wanted me to veto it when he found out so I did.

The Nash trade, the other guy just wanted him badly enough to not care what he was giving up. Plus it was too early in the season to be a dump anyway. If you want a deal and I know its not a dump, well good luck to ya :P If you don't I ain't gonna stick you with a bad one in a free league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No it wasn't a dump. DM told me he wasn't aware how badly Lindbach was hurt. I do always ask the other team what they were thinking in questionable deals before a veto. He wanted me to veto it when he found out so I did.

The Nash trade, the other guy just wanted him badly enough to not care what he was giving up. Plus it was too early in the season to be a dump anyway. If you want a deal and I know its not a dump, well good luck to ya :P If you don't I ain't gonna stick you with a bad one in a free league.

Not that my opinion matters....  but that's a far better answer (re: unaware of extent of injury)  :)     

He's so injured he couldn't pass a fantasy league physical.    hardee har har

Also with the Nash deal I was close to denying it because I didn't wanna be crippled at LW at the time. Only reason I took it was because Nick basically demanded it. (And someone on HF brought up the point that I could trade another RW for a quality LW) and that ended up being Alfie for Semin. I didn't think Lindback had such a far off timetable. I made the potential w/ the thinking that he'd be back in a week or two haha

I left one on the bench Sunday because I was to preoccupied with Easter dinner to check who was starting. I've missed three Khudobin starts, all wins :argh:

It's impossible to start Biron...  I wish I could just elect 'Rangers Actual Starting Goalie'.... there's been times I started Biron over Lundqvist, just to have them say nevermind and start Lundqvist...   or last minute announcement that Biron is playing.

​Fortunately Biron isn't phenomenal...  so now I just keep it on Lunqvist unless I know for certain Biron is in nets.

This is the first time this season I'm in the #1 spot...   defense and goal, much like last year, are the reasons I'm here.

Well... time to fight you all off Matrix style the rest of the way.   I don't have high confidence I can keep it; but it would obviously be nice.

It's still vastly superior to where I was at the end of January; dwelling in the cellar! ;)

Edited by aylbert

It was a misleading number...    this season is too short; we are all bunched together in a lot of categories...    a 4 goal night for any team has the potential to move you quite a bit...   in goals, points, PPP...  hell, even +/-.

My team starting scoring goals rather than posting assists.   Now if I could only get some blocks while maintaining my offense.   I have an easy 5-10 pts there if I could get the right balance.

And a damn shutout...  WTH.   Lunddqvist stood on his head against Carolina, but let one slip by...  again.

Bored; I decided to look at each category to see how steady my footing was...  A 10.5pt late lead is typically solid; but late is relative in a shortened season.   I'm certainly not solidified...  but it looks like I have more upward movement available, than threats from behind me....  it will be a fun dash to the finish...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals: Sitting 3rd...  I leapfrogged Jacob Glass Josefson and On Deck by 1 goal...  I trail Zidlicky My Balls by 2, and a Team Named Conseco by 6 for the lead.  Zidlicky, Conseco and Josefson will both be dropping out of contention in category as they are hitting/are at max games played at forward.

Assists: In 2nd, I lead Zidlicky by 4 and trail Mad Hatters by 6 for top spot.  (Also maxed out)

Points: At the top, I lead Zidlicky by 2, Mad Hatters by 5.

+/-: Sitting 5th, trailing Have Another Donut by 1, leading NICKNJD  by 2, NJ Angels by 4, and Zidlicky my balls by 6.  +/- is very volatile though...  a lot of movement can happen in a good or bad game.

PPP:  Tied for 4th with Conseco, trailing DevilsSwimsWithSharks by 8...  leading Steveo by 1, and NJSwamps by 5.  

SHP: I climbed up to midpack (T-9 with Conesco and Donut) with my 4th SHP.   This category typically causes movement unless your a Piney... then you could half your 15 SHPs and still be in the hunt for the lead. 

SOG:  I'm sitting in 5th, trailing Sharks by a single shot, Conseco by 5. I lead Zidlicky by 9.

Faceoffs: I'm sitting 5th here as well... trailing Sharks by 13, and NICKNJD by 60...  I'm leading StormJosh by 53...     So I'm pretty much settled into a 4/5 battle.

Hits: I'm sitting 5th here yet again...  trailing StormJosh by 56, leading Zidlicky by 20, NJAngels by 22 and Conesco by 26.

Blocks: 16th...   So, my team doesn't like to get infront of the shot. It stings.   I trail swamps by 1, and NJ Swamps by 10... I lead VooDoo by 9, and Les Hornqvistadors by 12.

Wins: I'm sitting 10th with 18; a lot of movement comes in this category with each win/loss (not keeping pace).  I trail Kovalnuts, Zidlicky by 1...  Dyanmo, VooDoo by 2, and Beavers by 3...  I lead NJAngels by 1... OnDeck, Steveo by 2...  Sharks by 3.

GAA: I come in 4th...  trailing Sharks by .08, Donuts by .11

SV%: I'm in 4th here as well, edged out by NJ Angels by a slim .0002, Donut by .002, Sharks by .005.   I lead  I lead Swamps by .004 and OnDeck by .009.   I might concede this playing Mason... trying for some extra wins.

SHO: Tied for 13th...  I snatched my first shutout...  Beavers sits ahead of me with 2, and 4 others with 3.    Steveo, Zidlicky, and Voodoo were the poor souls I was hanging out with... being shutout of the shutout category.

Visulation.

01:  *

02:  *

03:  *

04:  ***

05:  ****

06:

07:

08:

09:  *

10:  *

11:

12:

13:  *

14:

15:

16:  *

17:

18:

19:

You're probably going to finish 1st in goals, assists and points, that's pretty scary.  I've had some good offenses in the past too but don't think I ever took the top slot in all three.

I'm just glad I'm going to finish back in the top five again after my disaster last year.  Actually had the lead six days ago, and now I'm 14.5 back :lol:

You're probably going to finish 1st in goals, assists and points, that's pretty scary.  I've had some good offenses in the past too but don't think I ever took the top slot in all three.

I'm just glad I'm going to finish back in the top five again after my disaster last year.  Actually had the lead six days ago, and now I'm 14.5 back :lol:

How about if I do it two years in a row (I did this last year too)? lol.    It would almost be a 3peat.   2010 (2nd place); I was 3rd in goals (9 goals back), 1st in assists/points.

I've shared it before as it's easily observable...  I aim for strong d, strong goal...  and do my best with well rounded forwards... often trading down marquee talent to get better at D / 2nd liners.

2010:

Def: Weber, Chara, Pietrangelo, Tyler Myers (when he was actually good)

Goal: Brodeur/Price

Forwards: DSedin, St Louis, and supporting cast of 5 of 40-60pters 

2011:

Def: Edler, Timmonen, Letang, Kaberle

Goal: Quick

Forwards: Stamkos, EStall and supporting cast of 6 of 40-60pters

2012:

Def: Suter, Ekman-Larsson, Burns, LSchenn (lacks offense, but bruising shot blocker)

Goal: Lunqvist

Forwards: Toews, Hall and supporting cash of 7 of 20-30pters

Edited by aylbert

Damn, you're right you did win the triple crown last year :lol:

I actually thought I'd have a top three offense even before I traded for Schultz/Brown, but it's never really materialized at any time. My secondary defensive scoring has been iffy at best and my leading goalscorer's been freaking Cody Hodgson.  Only he, Eriksson (in a down year) and Green (despite missing ten games) have scored double-digit goals for me.  

Can't even blame it on the shortened season since the best team last year probably is going to win again this year :P

Looking back at the standings from prior years I noticed one jaw-dropping oddity...two years ago when I won, I had a team +/- of +102.  Last year's nightmare I had a -71.  I don't think anyone's ever had a 173 difference in that number from one year to the next lol.  At least this year I've come in between both extremes with a +4 but I'm still in the bottom half points-wise of that category.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Damn, you're right you did win the triple crown last year :lol:

I actually thought I'd have a top three offense even before I traded for Schultz/Brown, but it's never really materialized at any time. My secondary defensive scoring has been iffy at best and my leading goalscorer's been freaking Cody Hodgson.  Only he, Eriksson (in a down year) and Green (despite missing ten games) have scored double-digit goals for me.  

Can't even blame it on the shortened season since the best team last year probably is going to win again this year :P

Looking back at the standings from prior years I noticed one jaw-dropping oddity...two years ago when I won, I had a team +/- of +102.  Last year's nightmare I had a -71.  I don't think anyone's ever had a 173 difference in that number from one year to the next lol.  At least this year I've come in between both extremes with a +4 but I'm still in the bottom half points-wise of that category.

+/- really depends on who is available in your draft position...     You could draft for +/-; but it seems like a bad bet to give up a fair amount of offense for the benefit of one category.  

I could have fixed my horrid blocks, but couldn't find a good blend in a trade... and I didn't want dope up on blocks while forfeiting offensive stats.

I'm just happy I'm in the top 10.  My scoring resembles the Devs!! not only am I in last in goals, i'm like 10 goals away from the next worst!!!

As bad as my scoring is the thing that has killed me is my GAA & my save %, never expected to be so bad in those categories....

That's some bad luck in nets...  Fleury and Nabakov each have better stats than your teams stats; meaning bad start selections - which is a crapshoot largely.

I wanted to start Mason last night over Lundqvist off a feeling; but in the end, stayed safe and lost on it.

For scoring; it's DSedin's losing his scoring touch...  but I'm also not a fan of having 4 Canucks.