Draft Party / Stick Sale?

cgosha21

Since the Devils decided to keep the draft pick this year, is there any news or update on them having a draft party/stick sale? I know last year they held it on the 1st night of the draft, but partly due to them having the 4th pick or they gonna go back to the Saturday sale?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Devils decided to keep the draft pick this year, is there any news or update on them having a draft party/stick sale? I know last year they held it on the 1st night of the draft, but partly due to them having the 4th pick or they gonna go back to the Saturday sale?

The first thing to do would be to check the pru center calendar.

Idol Auditions on Saturday the 23rd - so id say its gonna be a zoo there

nothing on friday 22nd. Thats my best bet!

The first thing to do would be to check the pru center calendar.

Idol Auditions on Saturday the 23rd - so id say its gonna be a zoo there

nothing on friday 22nd. Thats my best bet!

I think you are probably right. Looks like first round will be on the 22nd and they usually tie the sale to the draft day.

Im on my phone right now so i cant link to it, but on the devils website in the twitter section they answered somebody's question about the equipment sale and it just says "some day during the summer." Its very vague but it doesnt sound like it will be this friday.

Im on my phone right now so i cant link to it, but on the devils website in the twitter section they answered somebody's question about the equipment sale and it just says "some day during the summer." Its very vague but it doesnt sound like it will be this friday.

For those as curious as me..

http://twitter.com/NHLDevils/status/214831249800445953

@scrowley_17 we will have a sale sometime over the summer no date confirmed yet.

American Idol is at the Rock from Wednesday through Saturday for auditions. With all that chaos going on I'm not sure the Devils have enough room in the building for a draft party or equipment sale.

People still watch that show?

For something that is every year promised by the team to STH as a perk (they offer the VIP tickets), the team certainly knows how to treat this as an after-thought. I have a feeling this will be like the "Open Practice" they had earlier in the year all over again.

People still watch that show?

For something that is every year promised by the team to STH as a perk (they offer the VIP tickets), the team certainly knows how to treat this as an after-thought. I have a feeling this will be like the "Open Practice" they had earlier in the year all over again.

After the playoffs we just had, it IS an afterthought. I'm pretty sure everyone in the organization was a little more preoccupied with four rounds of playoffs.

As someone else mentioned, if there's three days of American Idol tryouts or whatever in the building, what are you really gonna do? Sucks that it won't coincide with the draft, but I personally wouldn't mind a sale in the middle of the doldrums of summer to break things up a bit.

After the playoffs we just had, it IS an afterthought. I'm pretty sure everyone in the organization was a little more preoccupied with four rounds of playoffs.

As someone else mentioned, if there's three days of American Idol tryouts or whatever in the building, what are you really gonna do? Sucks that it won't coincide with the draft, but I personally wouldn't mind a sale in the middle of the doldrums of summer to break things up a bit.

Judging by my attendance at past draft/equipment sale parties, I doubt it takes 2 people more than a couple of days to throw this together.

Also yeah it would be alright if it is in the middle of the summer, but how much you bet they will do like they did with the Open Practice and annouce it during the week only days before. I know it is a lot of "maybe, maybe-not" but given the track record of this organization and how it runs events I wouldn't put it past them.