N.F.L Week 8

CRASHER

Damn as much as I love and treasure these football Sundays (and ask anyone how fast I toss the, to the damn curb when people fvck with these days.... yes this is part warning/part factual statement).....god damn these Sundays go SO FAST don't they??? And of course NOTHING like the joy of having BOTH "New York" teams platying at the same time again... thanks again for nothing baseball!! Stop fvcking my life with your anti-sport!!

Sunday November 1:

1pm:

Denver at Baltimore:

This is a helluva game and I'd LOVE to watch this game.... I have no chance in hell at this of COURSE thanks to idiot NFL scheduling and the "courtesy" of no Sunday Night Football game this week....the Ravens are sliding... the defense is a MYTH, and it's been Ray Rice and Joe Flacco carrying the mail for this team this year.... but here comes the Age of Orton into town... and is there a team in sports that believes in themselves more then the Broncos do right now?? the defense is clicking... the running game is clicking... the offense... they're doing it all and people only look past this team because of Orton and the rookie coach... they are proving those people to be fools at this point... it own't be pretty and should be a battle... the Ravens kinda need this game.... but until someone stops them I gotta ride the mile high horse!

Prediction: Denver

Game Quality: *** 1/4

Houston at Buffalo:

Awww....I'm gonna miss this game... that... makes... me.... sad :(

Though both of these teams are on a bit of an upswing now... out of the ashes of Captain Checkdown and his fail only matched by TO's reality show.... Rory Fitzpatrick and all his NHL

All-Star game votes have emerged and he's found ways to lead this team to TWO WINS (considering Buffalo was looking like a 3-13 team with Edwards, that's telling)... but there is still no harder team to figure out then the Texcians... each time you think they;re up, they go down... and each time they look down they WIN....I know it's in Buffalo... but I am still having a hard time buying this team....(even though they could be 5-2... really)... the Bills are still the Bills kids....this means you should probably pick them... cause I ain't....

Prediction: Texcians

Game Quality: ***

Cleveland at Chicago:

Ah, our patented kick/wham/STUNNER moment of the week.....die Mangini, even the crappy, gutless Jay Cutler is gonna tear you apart.....just get the goddamn ball to Matt Forte would ya?

Prediction: da BEARS

Gsme Quality: DUD

Seattle at Dallas:

Well this is the typical Dallas game when they come in and rip up that nifty little mid-level team at home and everything looks great and you get fooled into thinking this team is good and all will be ok.... (amazing how it too mirrors my life... just wait till I start bringing the blonde in the Tony Romo jersey... really/seriously.....) no Walter Jones who it looks like it's OVER over for him... damn shame.... and not to mention it's a semi-homecoming for Julius Jones...still I can't give Seattle too much of a chance here... sorry Josh... plenty of room on the Cowboy bandwagon for ya ... want some cheese fries???

Prediction: Dallas

Game Quality: ** (Hasselbeck can keep this close)

Miami at NY Jets:

Two teams that have been reeling for a bit here lock up... you can kinda take the records and the last few game sout the window.... Fat Boy Junior has to b e pissed that his little defense got EMBARRASSED by the Wildcat last month, and now are without a key player on offense AND defense (not to mention Leon Washington in the special teams too....) both teams have problems all over the place.... the Dolphins could use a Ted Ginn injury at this point :P.... and this one has toss-up written all over it.....don't expect a big blow out here.....

Prediction: Miami (home team and all)

49ers at Colts:

*sigh* another Michael Anstett fantasy bye week....Least MAYBE the 49ers can get Frank Gore involved (and please, crash your damn car Vernon Davis....)...but I give a broke virgin (or two)... a better chance in a whorehouse then I give the 49ers here... not aginast the regular season dynamo's in Indy....

Prediction: Colts:

Game Quality: DUD

NY Giants at Eagles:

Two teams in trouble here.... the Giants lost two in a row and left the rest of the NFC East catch up to them... and the Eagels are getting it done... but Jesus Christ Brian Westbrook makes Marion Gaborik look tough don't he?? Least this year they got the good Dr McCoy to fill in for him... and this is a big game for both teams.... but I think the Eagles have a few more problems then the Giants do right now (though Brandon Jacobs should be a concern....).. I'll just pick the team that will annoy me more to win....

Prediction: Giants

St.Louis at Detroit:

NOW THIS IS THE BAD FOOTBALL I DREAM ABOUT EACH WEEK!!! Can the Rams win a game?? Will Stafford and Calvin Johnson play??? How many mistakes can a team make before I spout tears of joy and ecstasy?? This has the train-wreck material of about any Redskin game!! BRING THIS ON!!! If you watch one game this week this SHOULD BE THE ONE!!!

I want this game ten feet to my left anf the Cowboys in front of me and my Sunday 1pm is SET baby!!! I;m gonna assume Stafford and Johnson don't play and I'm going to play football God and smile on the Rams (been a long time since I smiled on St Louis after all)

Prediction: Rams

Game Quality: **** BRING IT!!

4pm:

Oakland at San Diego:

The Raiders reverted to mid-season form last week and lied down on the mat like a drunk girl on prom night for the Jets.... I don't see them doing much different this week... San Diego's been a weird team... but it's November now... usually around the time this team pops their steroids (that means you Merriman) and Hulks up and gets on a playoff run!! So what ya gonna do Al Davis when Hulk-Mania runs wild on you?? The answer is NOT cover the spread kids :P

Prediction: Chargers

Game Quality: * 1/2 (go Sproles!)

Jacksonville at Tennessee:

OH BOY!! Afternoon train wreck football!!! This could be fun... Vince Young.... oh hell yeah!!

This might be funner !!!! Sadly the Jaguars are doing too well to call this train-wreck football....and i do expect them to roll the Titans like everyone else does... but let's see what's worse...Vince Young overthrowing Kenny Britt... or Britt dropping them in his breadbasket!! I have no expectations for this game... but maybe a shining light of amusement.....

Prediction: Jags

Game Quality: **

Minnesota at Green Bay:

*sigh*....well at least the run of luck with Fraud and the last second garbage FINALLY stopped.....and a little bit of reality set in....God I'd love to see the Packers split this fvckbag in two pieces... and I never got a chance to answer a shot that was thrown at me about Tavares Jackson vs Brett Favre.... the person who I quoted in saying that he didn't know if Brett Favre could run the offense any better then Jackson... PHIL SIMMS... that dude knows something about quarterbacks... so suck it!! (or at least find a hot girl to fill in for you ;p)....maybe I'll just keep a little bit of hope in the fact that the football Gods have some respect for Lambeau Field... and the Packers are not a bad team either....gotta give some for pride here... I'd say Favre might get confused and throw to the wrong jersey but that only helps the Vikings :P

Prediction: Green Bay

Game Quality: *** (not 91% of the country gets this game good though)

Carolina at Arizona:

An interesting, but baffling battle... why the hell do coaches stick with players that are going to cost them their seasons and jobs at this point?? Jake Delhomme SUCKS and it's over in Carolina for him.... time to let the "Blueprint" Matt Moore (yes a TNA reference that has nothing to do with that bag of douche Hulk Hogan!)....Arizona seems to have things going again... PRAISE JESUS... and any team that beats up on the Giants is gonna get a pass from me they week after....and really....the Panthers are kinda lost again here.....

Prediction: Cardinals

Game Quality: ** (CMON, you can laugh at Delhommo too)

Monday November 2:

New Orleans at Atlanta:

Pretty good game... pretty bad town to have it in :P

The Saints just look unstoppable now, while the Faclons seem to keep getting stepped on when they step up to the plate against better teams.... or the Cowboys.....and really haven't wow-ed much of anyone this year... the Saints just seem to have it all going AND they survived their little scare in Miami last week (no thanks to Turnover Ted Ginn)...I'd love to make a case for the Falcons.... but I can't.....

Prediction: Saints

Gsme Quality: ***

NFL Power Rankings pre-Week 8:

NFC:

1. Saints....scary how you give this team an inch they take a MILE

2. Arizona....really... they're playing some defense and they're kinda dangerous now

3. Minnesota... still vastly overrated.....

4. NY Giants.... once is a slip....twice is a trend, they lose to Phily and oh man.....

5. Dallas....again solid enough to disappoint you in the end.....

AFC:

1. Denver....you don't lose mojo on a bye week

2. Indianapolis....I still don't believe... but no one else wow's me....

3. Pittsburgh... getting healthier and they stuffed the "immortal one's comeback"

4. Cincinnati... starting to slip......

5. New England... beating up on bad teams... that's as impressive as a fake heart smiley on facebook :P

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No NFL on Sunday night just means catching up with "Dexter" and "Mad Men".

Coming off a bye week we should crush Denver. But until our secondary can prove that they belong in the NFL, this is going to be a close game.

Wishful thinking about Hassleback?????

Can't wait to watch Farve coming back to the Tundra.

...the Jets amused at the way the Dolphins Wildcatfish were celebrating after their game in Week 5.

"When Ronnie Brown scored, and start doing that dance... that irked the (expletive) out of me." -Shaun Ellis

"I know it was a big win, but man. Act like you've been there." - Kerry Rhodes.

"The way they acted, they thought it was the Superbowl. We saw that, and we took heed of it." - Darrelle Revis

Motivation. USE IT for tommorrow!! :ECW:

Edited by Beezer34

...the Jets amused at the way the Dolphins Wildcatfish were celebrating after their game in Week 5.

"When Ronnie Brown scored, and start doing that dance... that irked the (expletive) out of me." -Shaun Ellis

"The way they acted, they thought it was the Superbowl. We saw that, and we took heed of it." - Darrelle Revis

This will be a great game

This will be a great game

...it's crazy al the trash talk that's being thrown about before this week. How can it not be a great game? One team's gonna be eating plenty'o crow.

"I don't care if Will Allen's hurt, and I don't feel sorry for them losing him either. Obviously I don't like it for any player to get hurt, but if they're looking for sympathy because Will Allen is out, boo-hoo-hoo. We've got Kris Jenkins out, and we've got Leon Washington out for the season. Those guys are Pro Bowl players. No disrespect to Will Allen, but I don't think he's going to make a Pro Bowl anytime soon. He's a decent player, but yeah whatever." -Rex Ryan.

"Yeah I heard the little comment he made about Will Allen being hurt. Saying 'Boo hoo hoo' as if it's some kind of a joke or something. We'll see if it's a joke on Sunday though. I'm not worried about Sanchez eating hot dogs on the sideline. I'm worried about how I can get him on sideline.. with an ice pack." -Joey Porter.

:e-drama:

To address this if I may: Mr. Ellis and Mr. Revis both need to take a pill. If the Jets had won that game in similar fashion- or if they should win tomorrow's game in similar fashion- the Jets will celebrate like a bunch of drunken sailors. So I don't wanna hear it. When you win a game in the final seconds- particularly a game against a hated rival- everyone's excited. So please- spare me this bullsh!t.

...it's crazy al the trash talk that's being thrown about before this week. How can it not be a great game? One team's gonna be eating plenty'o crow.

"I don't care if Will Allen's hurt, and I don't feel sorry for them losing him either. Obviously I don't like it for any player to get hurt, but if they're looking for sympathy because Will Allen is out, boo-hoo-hoo. We've got Kris Jenkins out, and we've got Leon Washington out for the season. Those guys are Pro Bowl players. No disrespect to Will Allen, but I don't think he's going to make a Pro Bowl anytime soon. He's a decent player, but yeah whatever." -Rex Ryan.

"Yeah I heard the little comment he made about Will Allen being hurt. Saying 'Boo hoo hoo' as if it's some kind of a joke or something. We'll see if it's a joke on Sunday though. I'm not worried about Sanchez eating hot dogs on the sideline. I'm worried about how I can get him on sideline.. with an ice pack." -Joey Porter.

:e-drama:

I LOVE that this rivalry is like this again!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! We've always hated each other- the hate between the Fins and Jets has never ceased over the years... but with Fat Rex stirring the pot, in turn getting his players to stir the pot, in turn getting our players to fire off some of their own salvos- this just makes the rivalry better ands even more fun. GO FINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Edited by MadDog2020

I am seriously and physically depressed that I did not get to see this St Louis/Lions game!!!

Yeah well at least the Jets and Giants are giving you suckiness :rolleyes:

How long until the team realizes it's not worth the hype and press to keep throwing Sanchez out there...nothing wrong with a guy getting benched in his rookie year, a lot of great QB's have had to take a seat early in their career. But my god he's making Trent Edwards look palatable right now.

you just don't win games when you give up 21 points on returns and turnovers

playoff teams don't lose games to non contenders, these two loses to the jills and fish are not acceptable because we're not making it up against the colts and pats of the world.

Edited by '7'

Only the Jets could make a miraculous rally and still lose :rolleyes:

When you give away 21 points though this is what happens. Good for Miami, they won their second (and last) Super Bowl of the year :P Our season's over too, no way they do enough from 4-4 with playing the Pats, Colts, Bengals and Falcons in the second half even with four other winnable games considering they'd probably have to go 10-6 minimum to make the playoffs.

The great thing is Fat Rex and all those whiny a$$holes like Scott and Pace all complained about the Wildcat, they actually did a good job of stopping it, and they still couldn't beat us. How's it taste fellas? Hope it tastes like a nice big steamy sh!t- that you can keep tasting until next year. :beerbang:

Looks like we are in for a long season in the NFC east. Giants started off with a good lead on the division but now the Cowboys have come back beating the bad teams just like the Giants did..... Its a 1 game division. Anything can happen. Cowboys beat the seahawks, Chiefs, bucs, all easy games to win for them...... Giants can only play better from here on out. Seems like ever since the giants destroyed the raiders they have not been playing right at all.... Time to go back to the drawing board, season is not over yet and Giants still can compete with the good NFL teams in the league, just need to get out of this funk they are in.... Eli clearly misses a #1 WR as the giants have a bunch of #2 WR's..... hopefully one of them can step up and start making changes... Also, Gilbride has been horrible calling the plays. Just bad play calling and decisions!

one thing doesnt change is my hate for philly. Phuck the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Sixers (just because)....

looks like the cowboys have come back but lets see how they do against the saints :P ....

As far as the Giants...... they are 5-3.... its not over, its a marathon not a sprint.

No offense, but you have nothing to brag about, you must have been s@#$ing brick in the last two minutes.

ITs a Win, but nothing to boast about.

Yeah, so? My team won- I'll enjoy it all I want. You really have no idea what beating the Jets means to a Dolphins fan. And the last time we swept them, I think I was in diapers.

lol, I think you swept us a few years back when neither team made the playoffs, when you were 10-6 (think Wanny was still the coach) and we were 6-10. Come to think of it neither team will make the playoffs this year so draw your own conclusions :P

Yes, you're right Has, it was 2003 I believe... we beat you guys the last game of the season, but it meant nothing since both teams were already eliminated. So I stand corrected- but this is the first MEANINGFUL sweep of the Jets I've been able to enjoy for a while. :P