Weekes Head

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cmon! Being a NJ fan isn't all that bad :lol:

Think of all the great things about why you people enjoy your team:

10.Likes following an organization that is run like the C.I.A.

9.Has mistaken Lou Lamoriello for Mikhail Gorbachev.

8.You like yelling, screaming and cheering a lot all in the same game.

7.Enjoys roller coaster rides even if you have to puke.

6.Those Christmas Jerseys were fun.

5.Optimism not included.

4.What's in a name anyway? Devils :evil: .

3.One goal games are fun.

2.Enjoy the element of unpredictability.

1.Expecting a Stanley Cup every year.

-rafalski was very bad the first two periods. giveaways , lazy passes, and i think the third goal deflected in off him. his ice time should be reduced slightly, i think he's getting worn out a bit.

-i actually liked smehlik's game, he's a big guy, who, as lou mentioned, is good at containing players with that big wingspan he's got. he looked good to me.

- i didn't see marshall do anything in particular. his failure to get a handle on the puck and clear it led to the second goal.

-marty should've had the first goal, other than that, he was fine.

-i could understand benching tverdovsky and gomez. tverdovsky just has to wake up and be more into the game. same for gomez. for all the crying that's gone on here, none of you can honestly say that if scott gomez played with the same intensity that turner stevenson does, that he would be scratched today. it's disrespectful of gomez to float around on the ice while lesser talented guys like stevenson break their backs to play to the fullest of their limited abilities. its a slap to the team's face.

I don't wanna question Burns' judgement on this because he has a lot of experience and he knows how to deal with his players, but I'll do it anyway.

Were they scratched because they were supposed to be traded but it fell through or is Burns trying to pass some kind of message that who ever doesn't perform will not dress for the game. It doesn't make sense that they would be this low in the depth chart.

Tverdovsky just came back from injury, so he needs to get his game back on track and I really think that he is the one guy who can help this damn powerplay. I don't see how him been out of the lineup will help him.

As for Gomez...well he'll either show a lot of character or just lose confidence. What kind of stupid excuse is "he needs to get better."

As for Gomez...well he'll either show a lot of character or just lose confidence. What kind of stupid excuse is "he needs to get better."

it's a sh!tty excuse. i'll tell you what won't make him better...playing him with 4th liners and scratching him when there isn't a better alternative.

gomer doesn't strike me as the kind that's gonna fume and talk to the press and make waves. but it's obvious that this isn't gonna play well.

getreal is right in saying that, unless a major change happens for him this year, he'll be traded in the offseason.

you know, if these benchings happened on any other day, it wouldn't be taken as bad it is now. gomez deserved a benching/healthy scratch at least once during this season, and he's lucky that it's only been one so far. the guy has to snap out of his floating habits.

Chico ended the game tonight by saying that " The Devis just didn't fiinish there chances to night and that was the difference."

I fear that these may be the words we hear as the curtain closes on this season.

:(:(

Do you still believe I was wrong that Gomez will be traded before the start of next season? Elias will also be traded before the start of next season.

What's the point? You think that if these guys were dealt, the players they brought back wouldn't have slumps or make mistakes? Who do you think we'd get for Elias? Let's remember, we're talking about a 26 year old man who will be lucky to score 20 goals this year, and will collect $5 million next year, and $5.5 million the year after. And who do you think we'd get for Gomez? Simon Gagne? Vincent Lecavalier? I don't see any other 23 year old playmakers out there who can be had, but if you do, I'm all ears.

you know, if these benchings happened on any other day, it wouldn't be taken as bad it is now. gomez deserved a benching/healthy scratch at least once during this season, and he's lucky that it's only been one so far. the guy has to snap out of his floating habits.

You're right, normally I don't think everyone would make any fuss over 2 guys been benched especially if they play poorly. But the fact that it happened after the trade deadline suggests that things were happening (stating the obvious as usual).

Gomez and Tverdovsky aren't dumb, they know their names were been tossed around and the fact that they are on a team that probably doesn't want them is really hard to accept. It's up to them to change the opinion of management. What I'm worried about is that these 2 guys are gonna start to feel isolated from the rest of the team and their teammates...yeah I psycho analyze everything...sorry!

Rheaume

McKenzie

Stevenson

Marshall

Pandolfo

all dressed.

Gomez scratched?

I hope we lose 7-1.

Does this remind you of the '98 series against Ottawa when Lemaire dressed Daniels instead of the kids? When we couldn't score a friggin' goal???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.