GDT 10/7/14: THE NJ DEVILS @ Philadelphia 7PM

Onddeck

njdevils-logo.jpg

@

Flyers-Logo.jpg

02-04%20Flyers%20Devils%20pg-vertical.jp

ride and die with 35

940x.jpg

I hope everyone is as excited as I am to kick off this season, that could have a lot of success.  Tough games, battle hard.. win some shootouts and score some goals.

NHL.COM:

Season series: The New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers split four games in 2013-14. Devils forward Jaromir Jagr led all scorers with four points, including two goals. Philadelphia was led by defenseman Nicklas Grossman and forward Brayden Schenn with three points apiece. New Jersey and Philadelphia don't meet again until Dec. 11, when the Devils return to Wells Fargo Center. The Flyers come to Prudential Center in Newark on Jan. 3 and March 8.

Devils team scope: Cory Schneider begins a season as the undisputed No. 1 goaltender for the first time in his career; he split the job last season with Martin Brodeur, who has a 50-31-10 record and 12 shutouts against Philadelphia but was not re-signed by the Devils this summer. Schneider is scheduled to make his second career appearance against the Flyers and first start; he took the loss in a relief stint on Dec. 30, 2008, as a member of the Vancouver Canucks. "After the way last season ended, none of us was too pleased and I think this year, especially for me personally, it kind of begins a new chapter," Schneider told Northjersey.com. "Hopefully, it will be a successful one for this team and for myself. I think we're all just excited to get going because last year we got off to a bad start, so we talked about really trying to get a couple wins early on."

Flyers team scope: The Flyers will play their home opener after losing 2-1 to the Boston Bruins at TD Garden on Wednesday. Sean Couturier scored Philadelphia's lone goal at 4:19 of the third period, tying the game 1-1. Goaltender Steve Mason made 31 saves but couldn't stop Chris Kelly's shot with 1:51 left in regulation. Captain Claude Giroux, who missed the first six preseason games with a lower-body injury, saw 20:17 of ice time and was credited with one shot on goal. The Flyers were outshot 33-20. "We were just a little bit too much on our heels," coach Craig Berube said.

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!!

:yay:  :yay:  :dizzy:  :dizzy:  :boogie:  :boogie::beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:  

It is an HONOR and a thrill to be posting the 1st thread of the 14-15 Devils season.

Projected lines to follow.

Edited by Onddeck

so pumped for our first game of the season i cant wait until 7! feeling good about this game and the team getting off to a good start this year, very confident it will be a much better year for the devils and us fans! hopefully the flyers will remain with zero points after tonights game and the devils start off with 2