GDT: Preseason Game 2: Isles @ Devs

ZeroGravityFat

He really said this??

No, just LD enjoying a moment to bask in Marty having a bad game. Here were his quotes from TG's blog:

“Lots of goals, not many shots,” Brodeur said of the first period. “Not the way you’d like to start the preseason. I kind of came back in the second and felt a little better –  less shots, less breakdowns.”

After a first period like he and the team had, Brodeur said you “just try to shake it off.”

“It’s going to happen in the season also when you’re going to have periods like that,” he said. “It’s just most of the times you don’t get back in the net. When you do, you’ve got to try to kind of stop the bleeding a little bit and try to make saves and try to shake it off as much as you can.”

And here is what Marty said about the young d-men:

“It was a tough game, a lot of breakdowns today,” Brodeur said. “But they’re big boys. They have a long reach. The move the puck fairly well, but they’re young an they’re going to make some mistakes and it’s normal. I think when you’re going to get playing with older guys, that’s when you’re going to see more what they can do.

But (Gelinas) with his shot is an asset that we haven’t had in Jersey in a long time and I think it’s something to look at for our power play and for our overall game. The other guys are young. One of them is coming out of junior (Severson – Kelowna). The other one is coming out of college (Merrill – Michigan) . Gelly’s been in the minors, (Alex) Urbom has been in the minors, so they’ve got more experience a little bit.”

No, just LD enjoying a moment to bask in Marty having a bad game. Here were his quotes from TG's blog:

And here is what Marty said about the young d-men:

“It was a tough game, a lot of breakdowns today,” Brodeur said. “But they’re big boys. They have a long reach. The move the puck fairly well, but they’re young an they’re going to make some mistakes and it’s normal. I think when you’re going to get playing with older guys, that’s when you’re going to see more what they can do.

But (Gelinas) with his shot is an asset that we haven’t had in Jersey in a long time and I think it’s something to look at for our power play and for our overall game. The other guys are young. One of them is coming out of junior (Severson – Kelowna). The other one is coming out of college (Merrill – Michigan) . Gelly’s been in the minors, (Alex) Urbom has been in the minors, so they’ve got more experience a little bit.”

What did I say Marty said? You posted it. Not his fault according to Marty.

You are Fox-like in your attempts to put the worst possible spin on everything Marty says and does.

I didn't  say it he did. Why blame me it was his words. 4 goals out of 8 shots deserves what? He was tired????? First game timing????

What did I say Marty said? You posted it. Not his fault according to Marty.

I didn't  say it he did. Why blame me it was his words. 4 goals out of 8 shots deserves what? He was tired????? First game timing????

Are you serious? He was asked how he thought the young kids played. He never blamed them for goals. He gave an honest answer, they showed lots of promise but had a few mistakes and said it's expected from rookies. Not once did he say a young defenseman was to blame for a goal.

He said he wasn't happy with his first period and he was glad he got a chance to shake it off and make some saves in the second. No one said he played well, but to twist his words is kind of ridiculous.