GDT: ECF Game 2 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

And of course Tortorella is just too important to answer simple friggin' questions.

Craig Button called him out on the NHL Tonight and frankly Torts can sit in the locker room the way he's acting/treating the international press and sports media. It doesn't take an Ambassador to spend 10-15 minutes to talk about the game, etc to the press and fans/viewers

Check it out:

Entire Tortorella interview transcript:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/17074/entire-tortorella-interview-transcript

Watch John Tortorella’s Game 2 press conference, as he’ll ‘keep it in the room

Greg Wyshynski

’http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-john-tortorella-game-2-press-conference-ll-033731976.html

who cares about torts - guy has a screw loose.

Huge win there, down a goal late in the 2nd, come back to win in regulation - it's nice. I thought NJ was the better team in the third, didn't get a final chances count from anyone counting, but NJ definitely had way, way more zone time than the Rangers in the game overall. It's going to be difficult for the Rangers to play this way for this series - they'll have to get Brodeur to falter, 'cause otherwise, it's going to be a grinding series for their defensemen. McDonagh is really holding up, but Staal has looked pretty bad, as has Girardi.

Reffing bad. Ice bad. Penalty box door bad. Devils good. Game 2 is ours.

Coming back from a late 2nd deficit and scoring those even strength goals has to do wonders for our confidence. We really outworked them tonight, and had long stretches of domination just like against Philly. If we play three more games like that one, and hopefully don't get as many BS penalties thrown our way, we will win this series.

Also good to see that we looked more confident in beating their defensive system. Their shot blocking wasn't nearly as much of a factor tonight and we were very good at getting pucks through the first blocker and onto our own sticks for deflections. That's how you beat the 6 goalie scheme. Takes talent, but we got plenty of that.

• Like 1

Reffing bad. Ice bad. Penalty box door bad. Devils good. Game 2 is ours.
The reffing? gonna happen a lot. the new NHL: where the refs aren't accountable for making bad calls. The ice? someone needs to have a talk with the MSG ice crew. that ice was a disgrace, would have expected it in Phoenix where it was 120 degrees outside. Penalty box door? lol it's one of the new MSG renovations. :giggle: MSG will never be a Rock-class facility. The only big deal I've seen from TV is that they put that glass hallway in where the players come out, like Cowboys Stadium. Eh, big deal Game 2: DEVILS DOMINATION! :cheers:

Torts: "keep it in the room" is not an answer!

Edited by Legion15

Of all the playoff games we've played so far, I felt like last night was among the games that gave me the least to complain about reffing-wise. Though I do wish I got to see a replay of the Ponikarovsky penalty.

So far the trend seems to be losing teams having great second periods but subpar first and third periods. Very up-and-down series so far. Was VERY encouraged to see the Devils find their stride right off the bat.

Of all the playoff games we've played so far, I felt like last night was among the games that gave me the least to complain about reffing-wise. Though I do wish I got to see a replay of the Ponikarovsky penalty.

So far the trend seems to be losing teams having great second periods but subpar first and third periods. Very up-and-down series so far. Was VERY encouraged to see the Devils find their stride right off the bat.

The call on Ponikarovsky was a joke. I had a Kovalchuk penalty box reaction when they showed the replay lol.