Official 2010-2011 New York Knicks Thread

LOTCB

Thread started November 21st, 2008, now the time has finally arrived, the moment of truth so to speak.

Lebron or no Lebron, this is an off-season Knicks fans have been waiting for years to come to fruition.

Any thoughts on where Lebron will end up? I think its a toss up between NY and Cleveland right now, too early to call.

Edited by LOTCB

You can have LeBron.....

I think he is just to much of a me first player. When you look at the rest of the free agents, there's a few I think I would rather see on the Nets. And besides, we need more of a big man type player that we have been missing forever. We have a pretty solid backcourt with DHarris. I would love a Dirk/Bosh combination with Allen/Redd/Tmac

Dirk Nowitzki

Josh Howard

Dwyane Wade

Amare Stoudemire

Chris Bosh

and then the quality, but not quite on the same level type players.

Joe Johnson

Ray Allen

Rip Hamilton

Tracy McGrady

Michael Redd

Tyson Chandler

Manu Ginobili

Stop this!!!

The Knicks being awful and great to make fun of are the ONE LEVEL OF SPORT STABILITY I GOT LEFT!!!!!

NOOOOOO!!!! :evilcry: :evilcry:

Don't worry, the Bills will always be there to pick up the slack :rofl:

As for the Nets fans...oh now the Knicks can have LeBron when last year NETS FANS were talking as it it was a given he was going to NJ...

Interesting...

Don't worry, the Bills will always be there to pick up the slack :rofl:

As for the Nets fans...oh now the Knicks can have LeBron when last year NETS FANS were talking as it it was a given he was going to NJ...

Interesting...

That's because this time last year the move to Brooklyn was a given too.

ESPN is now talking like the Knicks have enough money to a) Sign Lebron, b) Sign a second and/or third big-name FA, c) Sign their 2009 1st round draft pick (my money's on them trading it for a disposable player, but w/e), and d) Resign Lee and Robinson this summer.

You can have LeBron.....

I think he is just to much of a me first player. When you look at the rest of the free agents, there's a few I think I would rather see on the Nets. And besides, we need more of a big man type player that we have been missing forever. We have a pretty solid backcourt with DHarris. I would love a Dirk/Bosh combination with Allen/Redd/Tmac

Dirk Nowitzki

Josh Howard

Dwyane Wade

Amare Stoudemire

Chris Bosh

and then the quality, but not quite on the same level type players.

Joe Johnson

Ray Allen

Rip Hamilton

Tracy McGrady

Michael Redd

Tyson Chandler

Manu Ginobili

Ginobili, McGrady, and Johnson are way better than Howard. No idea how you can have him in the first class of players.

Interesting...

For what it's worth, I was never on the LeBron bandwagon. Also, I have been telling my friends since 2 years ago, the Nets were definetly not moving to Brooklyn. Now i hear "Oh sh!t he might be right." :giggle:

Ginobili, McGrady, and Johnson are way better than Howard. No idea how you can have him in the first class of players.

The reason why Howard is up there and they are not is because I made the list with the NETS priorites first. They could use a big man a lot more then a guard, and Josh Howard is much younger too.

• 1 year later...

THREAD RESURRECTION!

So it looks as if the Knicks might FINALLY be moving Jared Jeffries and getting McGrady...

To me T-Mac is irrelevant..but it is amazing to see how a bad contract can cripple a franchise...in order for the Knicks to do this (move Jeffries) they have to move Jordan Hill (1st round pick this year) swap 1sts in 2011 AND give up a 1st in 2012...unreal...

But the Knicks need to do this...this would create $35 million in cap space which could give the Knicks the ability to sign two max FA's.

Whether this is the right move or not, at least the Knicks are still sticking to the 2010 theme...we will see how it plays out.

Edited by LOTCB

Whether this is the right move or not, at least the Knicks are still sticking to the 2010 theme...we will see how it plays out.

The Knicks are really putting their eggs into one basket. They already don't have a first round pick this year, will have a worse pick in 2011 and none again in 2012. Plus moving another #1 pick.

If they can't get Lebron, they may not be relevant again for 5 years at least.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!

November 21st, 2009. I am come out of the $hell again. I am reborn as a Knicks fan, a one time season ticket holder is back. The events that took place today for the New York Knicks is something that I have yearned to see for YEARS now...FINALLY CAP SPACE CLEARED!!!!!

Jamal Crawford AND Zach Randolph are gone...$27 million cleared...Lebron in 2010?????

Until this whole cap business plays out and they wind up with second rate guys this summer while more picks are sacrificed. I hate LeBron. He's a fraud.

T-Mac's first game was very good. Scored 19 of his 26 in first half but said right things afterwards when fans chanted for him. Don't they realize he's back from a career threatening injury? Microfracture surgery is tough to return from. Very good debut for Eddie House, who really fits D'Antoni's system. But the Knicks blew a six-point lead in the final 70 secs. Unacceptable. Did a writeup on the trades/cap and summer.

Random Thoughts: Knick big gamble

Until this whole cap business plays out and they wind up with second rate guys this summer while more picks are sacrificed. I hate LeBron. He's a fraud.

What's so fraudulent about Lebron if he decides to stay in Cleveland?? (not to mention the pressure on him too... if he leaves Cleveland, the small market teams in the NBA might as well pack it up and retire.... or is this more typical NY arrogance of "the big city needs a star and screw the rest of the league's chance to compete")... it's not Lebron's fault or the NBA's fault that the Knicks are a pathetic disgrace and it's not one bit different then the Nets, or the Clippers... or any other team in any other sport that goes through a pathetic run, yeah I hate the Knicks and all but I'm sick of this garbage all week that "Lebron needs NY to be a true superstar"... you know because NO ONE knows him as a Cav

you know.. no one knows who that Peyton Manning guy is in Indy

nobody knows about Crosby and Malkin because 500 people live in Pitttsburgh :P

screw this market and I hope NO ONE goes to the damn Knicks!!!!

Hate the TMAC trade, if only because it means that there is only one means of measuring success in next year's NYK terms, and that is LeBron + 1 playing in a Knick uni. Anything less is probably tantamount to fail and will bury the Knicks through 2012. The first round picks they gave up (assuming protection doesn't kick in) are really what they needed to compete, that and shedding all the garbage Isiah contracts.

But at this point, who knows who will come to the Knicks? Big City Market is a huge attraction, but then again winning is too.

• 2 months later...

THE TIME HAS ARRIVED!!! :cheers:

So mi$ter $mall market in the NHL and NFL is now wanting the Knicks to go out and break the bank to steal a free agent and cripple the entire Cleveland franchise??? Hypocrite much ??? :P

I hope to the Sport Gods that LeBron STAYS in Cleveland :P

So mi$ter $mall market in the NHL and NFL is now wanting the Knicks to go out and break the bank to steal a free agent and cripple the entire Cleveland franchise??? Hypocrite much ??? :P

I hope to the Sport Gods that LeBron STAYS in Cleveland :P

Steal? it is his decision!

How am I a hypocrite? I am just being a fan. Sure part of me feels for the Cleveland fan, but like with Buffalo, Ive accepted for what my teams are: Teams that play in a market as desirable as Billings Montana.

Edited by LOTCB