2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

And we just signed Donnell Ellerbe from the Ravens, which I had no idea would happen!! Holy sh!t is that a great signing by Ireland, that one is really out of left field!! Thanks Flacco lol.

Also Dansby out. Still gotta get a TE and CB though

Congrats on stealing Ellerbe. You can have our playoff spot next year. We won't be needing it.

We signed Phillip Wheeler from Oakland as well, another very good signing. Ireland revamping the LB's. Didn't expect it really, but I'm liking it a LOT. Especially Ellerbe.

Darlington had some cryptic tweet that the Dolphins have intriguing plans for the draft. Maybe looking to strike gold on a TE tanden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm thinking it could be a trade up for Milliner. We have the ammo.

I'm thinking it could be a trade up for Milliner. We have the ammo.

Don't think so. Would probably have to trade up to 4. Don't think there's enough ammo for that. Also, Ireland's job still ultimately comes down to how well Tannehill performs. So my guess is that they're going to load up on weapons for Tannehill.

Don't think so. Would probably have to trade up to 4. Don't think there's enough ammo for that. Also, Ireland's job still ultimately comes down to how well Tannehill performs. So my guess is that they're going to load up on weapons for Tannehill.

We're not taking a WR at 12, have to many other needs to fill. So what offensive is left RB, OT, TE? I think we are gonna end up drafting a defensive player, not sure where though

Are you upgrading your running game at??

. Good question actually. I heard yesterday that we had some interest in Mendenhall, but he seems headed to Denver (good- want nothing to do with him). Maybe they'll take a flier on Ahmad Bradshaw if the price is right? I know Bush isn't coming back, that ship has sailed. And Lamar Miller is going to be expected to be the lead dog regardless. We'll add a vet because Daniel Thomas really can't be relied on and Jonas Grey is still an unknown quantity.

Bush is gone? After last year? He did great for you guys.

He was good, yes. But there were parts of the season where he also disappeared. We have younger, cheaper guys at the position that can be supplemented with a cheaper veteran. Bush is going to get $5 mil a year and he's not really worth that.

I don't think his market value is that high. I Detroit he will be a third down back.

With that offense and how often they throw it  its 3rd down on first and second down too

I'm intrigued to see where Steven Jackson goes too.....lot of teams could use him......

Geez, Finheaven has to be the absolute worst message board I've ever followed. If you're not predicting the Dolphins to win the Superbowl in the next few years, you're a douche and a hater.

I cannot stand that site , the garbage people post on there .....

It looks like Jake Long is still on the Miami radar according to NFL Network.

The word from the beat reporters is that the Dolphins gave Long a number prior to free agency and that he's testing the market.  If you read the tea leaves, it appears that the Rams are very wary of offering him too much with his injury history, hence the seven hour physical, and apparently no firm offer yet. 

I'd like to have him back, but at a reasonable price and an incentive laden contract that depends on him staying healthy.  When healthy he was one of the top five left tackles in the league.  I couldn't tell you if his injuries prevent him from getting back to that level.  However, the prospect of having Jonathan Martin as the starting left tackle on opening day doesn't fill me with confidence. 

EDIT:  Well, just read a tweet that the Rams and Long are hammering out a deal.

Edited by Daniel

So now the Fins are looking at long? Did they just want to let the Rams waste all their time and money on the physical and then sign him at the last minute?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't getting Pitta mean giving Balt. a 2nd round pick plus giving him a new contract? and hoping Balt. doesn't match?