the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

So there was apparently an update recently (yesterday, I think). Anyone know what the update did?

fixed the XP glitch and the problems with the rosters loading in be-a-gm where stars would get trapped in the minors because of cap-issues that the developers forgot to factor in with injuries and a lack of an IR system

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the online team play the most. That is more fun to me and it's fun to use the mics there because it's easier to communicate with your teammates. I've been playing as the goalie a lot lately, I've gotten a ton better, been only giving up 2 or 3 goals a game which is fine if you end up on a good team cause they will score 5 or 6.

Satans, if youre for xbox, play my team....we are called the new jersey shore

my gamertag is Derliqu3

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this slap-shot problem.

What ever I do I seem to never get a goal by slapping the puck.It always have to be deflect in order to get in.

I would really like to learn how to take a good slap-shot from the point on the PP.

Anyone with a tip please ?

I find point slapshots are more effective the more you're moving towards the net, sliding backwards is a no go, standing still is unlikely, but even a slight move towards the net before winding up is a big increase in your chance of beating the goalie, I've found.

As said before, shoot low from the point for rebounds and shoot for the top corners to score, but those high shots are usually going to generate rebounds if they don't go in.

Also, there seem to be certain sweet spots to score from, which is true in real life too. The more towards the middle you are the better, and also top of the circle to the far side seems to work pretty well too.