the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

I switch off from my Be A Pro, Be A GM, and EASHL depending on what i feel like playing but i recently restarted my pro and im playing on the Devils top line with Kovy and Zajac. I got like 100+ points right now in 38 games haha. Also when I got the game in September when it first came out i started the GM mode first and the first move I made was trading for Kovalchuk. Little did I know he was ganna be on the Devils for real in 5 months haha. Its a great and addicting game. Cant wait for NHL 11

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR NHL 11:

They should have Winter Classics

It would be cool in be a gm or be a pro or maybe in an online tourny to have the outdoor rink.

They should have the Devils green jerseys as third jerseys.

They should make you feel like your at the arena by showing real life pics of the outside of it in the intro to the game or something.

They should have more realistic arenas, like maybe have the recognizable walkway behind the boards at the garden, or even the zamboni doors where they really are. Maybe pan around the inside of the arena and have it LOOK like the rock, like the big devils sign next to 233 etc.

Idk I can't think of anything else right now but I would especially love to see the green devils jerseys

There's some fixes I'd rather see before these. I mentioned the deal with the masks and Patrick Kane being a free agent in my BAP for the six seasons I've played. Also, cut down on the big name trades....cut down on the trades period.

Something I'd like to see as well is a better trading interface for the user. Yes, you can see a player's trade value, but after adding 2 or 3 on each side, you lose track of values and don't know how balanced (or unbalanced) your proposal is, and since you rep also varies according to proposals, it would help.

Graphics apart, I liked NHL 99 (?) a lot. It had what I mentioned about the trades, it had the stadiums pics, while loading it showed who's hot and cold and that stuff, quite nice that game.

Graphics apart, I liked NHL 99 (?) a lot. It had what I mentioned about the trades, it had the stadiums pics, while loading it showed who's hot and cold and that stuff, quite nice that game.

Nothing beats NHL 98. Period.

All this good talk got me do be a GM :boogie:

Basically did a fantasy draft and picked Zach in the first round. The draft went something like this for me..

1st round Parise

2nd round Lidstrom

3rd round Marleau

I also ended up get Dan Boyle, Mats Sundin, Tomas Holmstrom, and Brygalov(sp?).

At the draft I basically picked from what the assistant coach told me and was offered about 5 trades :giggle:

I pushed hard for a trade for Weber which included a 1st, Boyle, and Sundin but they wouldn't bite. But I later acquired Sutter and Eric Staal.

My wing depth sucks but my center depth is beastly. Marleau, Staal, Sundin, and Sutter.

• 1 month later...

Toews is going to be the NHL 11 cover boy. Man you talk about a great year for a guy.... Olympic Gold Medal, Campbell Trophy, Conn Smythe Trophy, Stanley Cup, and now cover of the new EA sports game. Man talk about a solid year. This guy is literally on top of the world right now.

I can't wait for the physics. When you play 10 for as long as I did, you kinda get sick of the 5 hitting animations. But now with everyone being unique, who knows. I'm counting down the days till september.

All's I can say is thank god Canada doesn't have ridiculous amateur/college rules like the NCAA so all the canadian junior prospects can be in the next one, even the ones who aren't drafted yet.

Next year before the draft we'll see people on like the HF boards saying that player X isn't any good since he sucked in NHL 11

Oh, god I agree with you. Pretty much the whole 'soundtrack' sucked except Green Day and CKY.

At first I didn't mind the soundtrack, and I was excited that Megadeth was in it, but after a while it just got annoying hearing the same songs over and over and over again. It would be better if there were just more songs in it so you didn't hear the same ones all the time.

Edited by devilsfan26

At first I didn't mind the soundtrack, and I was excited that Megadeth was in it, but after a while it just got annoying hearing the same songs over and over and over again. It would be better if there were just more songs in it so you didn't hear the same ones all the time.

Damn, I forgot Megadeth! They rule. And yeah, there should definitely be more songs :P

Edited by Joonas #6

• 2 weeks later...

I made an NHL 11 Wish List.

The one about the juniors already came true, EA announced it already.

NHL 11 lets you create highlight reel moments and experience adrenaline-pumping NHL action with bigger hits, broken sticks, and faster dangles :D

Good NHL 10 add-on site

this guy and his friends made an in-game sountrack for stoppages, intros, goal celebrations, etc. i put in the ones for intros, goals and stoppages and i gotta say, its freaking amazing. changed ours to chelsea dagger [i hate the hey song and chicago's is catchy]

their stoppage songs are mostly rock, but its traditional stuff you'd hear at arenas that arent our family-aimed watered down garbage at times.

they also keep updating rosters as the summer progresses, their last update came out this past saturday.

Edited by jagknife

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to pick one thing to change about nhl 10...it'd probably be a lot of how Be a GM was programmed to run. Honestly, the gameplay was good enough to keep me playing for like 8 seasons (granted, the 100% goal shots are annoying, but I don't play online so it doesn't really affect me).

-Add the ability to extend players contracts before UFA season

-Fix the trade system. I liked the 'minigame' craziness during the draft and deadline, but stars don't need to move every single time.

-Fix the draft. Honestly, I feel like there's just wayyy too much talent put into each season during the draft. It makes signing established players pointess. Why sign some 88+ with no potential for like 7m when I could sign an 83 with great potential for 5 years for half that.

-Have the EA staff do just a wee bit more research about NHL prospects. Devils specifically, I've wanted to see Josefson and Tedenby for a while now. I don't care what career AHL'ers are in the system

that's pretty much all that's bugged me about the game in all honesty.

Parise's year is coming. I thought, for sure, he'd get it after this year's olympic showing. At least the US edition

Yea, would have been nice...it seems to me that EA decided to wait until after the SCF to choose the cover guy. My guess is that if the Devils had won the cup or made a deep playoff run, Parise would have been a top choice. My guess is that EA had a list of like 7 or 8 guys to use and Parise was one of them. But when the Devs failed to go deep he was taken off the list.

Not like the old NHL games where they just put the biggest star on the cover.

BTW: Why does your group say "validating"? - You might want to ask DM about fixing that.

Edited by ben00rs

I read and didn't see it so I thought I'd ask, Did anyone hear anything about some changes to GM mode? Its my favorite mode but I'm tired of having players sit in the FA list in their prime for years because they want too much money. I hope they go a little more in depth with contracts and other off ice stuff. Maybe give the players some personality or something.

from that video, it looks like rather than focus on the actual rules, they jumped the gun and added a new feature for the sake of adding a feature.

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

or how about fixing the immortal CPU puck carriers who apparently even after getting hit, never lose: control of the puck or lose stride unless its a big hit