RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

You know, with all my talk about how the Devils won't sign both Brunner and Jagr, I'm really beginning to wonder why another team hasn't scooped Brunner up by now. There's got to be a high demand for him since he could be an emerging scoring threat, and many teams must know that.

I'm assuming both rumors were true of course (Devils were in talks with Brunner for a while and Jagr is close to signing).

But honestly speaking, there were several rumors floating around about Damien Brunner until his Devils signing was imminent. Since, we've heard absolutely nothing, which seems a bit strange. Is this sort of thing normal?

If both of these guys are signed, I have no idea what that means for the players on the roster who aren't so accomplished as NHL players yet.

I suppose Brunner's short track record (58 GP) is probably resulting in teams offering what his agent or him deems is too low at the moment. That would be my guess.

Getting back to Jagr, I would never have thought he would ever play for the Devils so it would be pretty cool to see it happen. I'm all for it but I really hope DeBoer is proactive in managing his minutes and games played. I'd like to see some lines like this:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr
Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus
Olesz-Carter-Bernier
Ex: Gionta, Tedenby

With managing Jagr's minutes, all the back to backs, and injuries there will be plenty of time for the extras to get in the line up.

I'd love to see Jagr and Brunner. IMO Jagr would be better come April if he's on the 4th line and 1st PP unit.

Elias Zajac Brunner

Henrique Lokti Ryder

Clowe JJ Zubes

Bernier Carter Jagr

Olesz Gio/goon du jour

PP

Elias Jagr Zajac Brunner Zid

Henrique Lokti Ryder some combination of Larsson, Greene, Zubs

I'd love to see Jagr and Brunner. IMO Jagr would be better come April if he's on the 4th line and 1st PP unit.

Elias Zajac Brunner

Henrique Lokti Ryder

Clowe JJ Zubes

Bernier Carter Jagr

Olesz Gio/goon du jour

PP

Elias Jagr Zajac Brunner Zid

Henrique Lokti Ryder some combination of Larsson, Greene, Zubs

I'd really like to get them both but I don't think Jagr's ego would ever let him play 4th line minutes. I really don't see an issue of rolling 3 2nd line shifts and then roll out the 4th line. Depth would be really good.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 What’s going on with Jaromir Jagr?

Where do things stand with Jaromir Jagr and is he going to sign with the Devils?

That’s been a question I’ve been getting a lot over the last three days and, unfortunately, I have to be honest and say I don’t know.

TG's post today on the Jagr situation.