Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

Triumph

It is when you sign them as a free agent, in general, especially if they are scoring wingers. Perry gets 7/56 easy if he hits the market, that contract is a nightmare waiting to happen.

The days of the good team contracts are most likely over with this new CBA. If you want to get a guy like Perry your going to strap yourself somewhere else. Unless you have some solid youth. But their going to want their money soon enough too...

The days of the good team contracts are most likely over with this new CBA. If you want to get a guy like Perry your going to strap yourself somewhere else. Unless you have some solid youth. But their going to want their money soon enough too...

You get good team contracts by not signing UFAs in general, or if you do sign UFAs, sign top defensemen and top centermen. If the Devils had a bunch of young players, you can go out and sign a Perry and worry about it later, but they don't, really. They already have two guys on giant deals, one of whom is a certainty to turn sour, the other one pretty likely too.

Yeah, the new contracts are going to be cap anchors. No more $6.5M cap superstars. Of course those had their pitfalls (and had some more added), but the new deals, you're gonna get cracked over the head from day 1 on. People (especially fans of other teams) that are surprised by the Zajac contract are going to be in for a shock in July.

Yeah, the new contracts are going to be cap anchors. No more $6.5M cap superstars. Of course those had their pitfalls (and had some more added), but the new deals, you're gonna get cracked over the head from day 1 on. People (especially fans of other teams) that are surprised by the Zajac contract are going to be in for a shock in July.

You will see teams paying 7 million+ easily in AAV (and probably more for marquee players). It won't be the superstars feeling the cap squeeze. Ryan and Getzlaf will look at Zajac's contract and say "compare our stats, compare our pedigree and open your checkbook".

You will see teams paying 7 million+ easily in AAV (and probably more for marquee players). It won't be the superstars feeling the cap squeeze. Ryan and Getzlaf will look at Zajac's contract and say "compare our stats, compare our pedigree and open your checkbook".

Look at what Lupul got, for nothing more than the "Toronto Maple Leafs first line effect".

We should see what we would need to give up to pick up Nino Niederreiter.

The Isles have apparently already said that they are not trading him, although we've heard that story before. However, it never hurts to kick the tires, and for our purposes, it's just for fun. I would imagine that the Isles would ask for Merrill or Josefson. If he got off to good start, you might counter with Tedenby and Gelinas or Urbom. You never want to get burned selling low on a 20 year old top five draft pick, so I think the Isles are going to demand a lot if someone comes knocking. They learned things the hard way giving up on Luongo, Chara and, in effect, Spezza.

In any event, I'm not a talent evaluator, so I couldn't tell you whether Niederreiter is overrated at this point.

The Isles have apparently already said that they are not trading him, although we've heard that story before. However, it never hurts to kick the tires, and for our purposes, it's just for fun. I would imagine that the Isles would ask for Merrill or Josefson. If he got off to good start, you might counter with Tedenby and Gelinas or Urbom. You never want to get burned selling low on a 20 year old top five draft pick, so I think the Isles are going to demand a lot if someone comes knocking. They learned things the hard way giving up on Luongo, Chara and, in effect, Spezza.

In any event, I'm not a talent evaluator, so I couldn't tell you whether Niederreiter is overrated at this point.

Luongo/Chara/Spezza/McCabe/whoever else was just milbury's stupidity and not them giving up or anything based on anyone else. That list can go on forever just based on his stupidity. You could also include guys like Dany Heatley, who the Isles passed on in favor of DiPietro

But if they ask for Merrill/Josefson I dunno how you could take that. The guy, even though he was buried last year, still only scored 1 goal. He obviously has talent as he's shown in the AHL but I'm not giving up an asset like Merrill for Nino based on what he's done so far in the NHL. Teddy+Urbom I'd think about w/ the glut of defensemen we have

Edited by DH26

Luongo/Chara/Spezza/McCabe/whoever else was just milbury's stupidity and not them giving up or anything based on anyone else. That list can go on forever just based on his stupidity. You could also include guys like Dany Heatley, who the Isles passed on in favor of DiPietro

But if they ask for Merrill/Josefson I dunno how you could take that. The guy, even though he was buried last year, still only scored 1 goal. He obviously has talent as he's shown in the AHL but I'm not giving up an asset like Merrill for Nino based on what he's done so far in the NHL. Teddy+Urbom I'd think about w/ the glut of defensemen we have

I wouldn't trade Urbom. Every time he's made the big club he's impressed me and seems like he can be a serviceable NHL player.

Tedenby though I would get rid of in a heartbeat. (To think we could have had Carlson) He's disappointed me. So much potential, a good first year and has fallen off since then. I really hope he finds his form. Otherwise I think a package of Teddy + a second should do it for Nino.

I'd trade Merrill and Tallinder for Niederreiter in a second. Niederreiter is tearing up the AHL as a 20 year old and could certainly play in the NHL right now, plus he has 5 more years after this one before he is a UFA.

Way to much. All that for someone who...while has tons of potential and is a top prospect is still unproven? Merrill and a pick alone should get that done and even then I'm uncomfortable. Potential only gets you so far.

Edited by TheMazz

yeah this exactly, people are comparing zajac to other players with old contracts not based on the new rules.

He's hurt. The only speculators I've seen on that score are idiots.

I saw somebody random tweet he was healthy and say "START THE SPECULATION" Then LeBrun clearly said he was hurt. So yeah he's hurt. they're not gonna trade probably their best forward