Devils interest in Dustin brown

caron14

again - greene/urbom/2nd - maybe.

defense is where the devils are in a position of strength.

We may have a large quantity of defensemen, but I wouldn't call it a "position of strength." Andy Greene is probably our best puck mover. Unless we are getting a better puck moving defenseman in return, I don't see the sense in moving him.

the Greene + Tedenby + 2nd for Dustin Brown trade idea is honestly probably the best trade we can hope for this year. that would be a huge gain for us and i'd do it in a heartbeat. I know its probably just a dream but if it would work out from the cap space and $ aspect, then I would bow to Lou

We may have a large quantity of defensemen, but I wouldn't call it a "position of strength." Andy Greene is probably our best puck mover. Unless we are getting a better puck moving defenseman in return, I don't see the sense in moving him.

Taormina has been great on our breakouts lately and he is putting up points. I think Greene is expendable with Larsson returning. Id rather keep Fayne over Greene for cap reasons, Andy is a little overpaid IMO. Edited by Zubie#8

I.would not move greene he has been our best d man since coming back from injury. I would rather fayne go tbh.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i feel like Fayne and Greene are honestly almost the same player. regardless, for this trade i'd be fine with whichever of the two we would ship out

I'd do this easily. Andy Greene is overpaid for the skillset he brings to the table. We have too many guys that can all do the same thing. IE, Fayne, Larsson, Tallinder (tho I hate him) etc. Ship Greener out. Again, dunno that LA does this, but that's A-OK with me.

I don't think we can rely on Tallinder coming back this season. Plus, Fayne isn't the type of defenseman that can skate the puck out of trouble, and Larsson is still a rookie. I personally think Andy Greene is a very important component to this team right now (which may be good or bad depending on how you look at it).

Anyone else think Taormina is playing the same or even better then Greene this year?

Greene 34GP 0G 12A +7

Taormina 25GP 1G 6A +7

I think Taormina brings everything that Greene brings, same with Larsson. That's why I believe Andy is expendable in my opinion.

Edited by Zubie#8

I don't get why you're all willing to further strengthen an offense that's been fine at the expense of an injury plagued and thin defense? Not to mention this is the absolute wrong year to shake up the locker room. It's a good group that likes each other, respects the coach and is playing well. When you have all that, you do not trade key pieces off the roster.

Funny how we all want the Rangers to trade Dubinsky for Nash and upset the chemistry but somehow that doesn't apply to us, getting a meager upgrade on offense. Some of these deals wouldn't even upgrade the offense at all.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't get why you're all willing to further strengthen an offense that's been fine at the expense of an injury plagued and thin defense? Not to mention this is the absolute wrong year to shake up the locker room. It's a good group that likes each other, respects the coach and is playing well. When you have all that, you do not trade key pieces off the roster.

Funny how we all want the Rangers to trade Dubinsky for Nash and upset the chemistry but somehow that doesn't apply to us, getting a meager upgrade on offense.

is giving away Greene and an AHL player really mixing up the chemistry? it isn't at all like if the Rangers were to deal Dubinsky, its not at all the same thing

is giving away Greene and an AHL player really mixing up the chemistry? it isn't at all like if the Rangers were to deal Dubinsky, its not at all the same thing

So the Rangers trading away an overpaid role player is worse than us trading a top four defenseman? Not to mention Clarkson, Henrique...

Funny how we all want the Rangers to trade Dubinsky for Nash and upset the chemistry but somehow that doesn't apply to us, getting a meager upgrade on offense. Some of these deals wouldn't even upgrade the offense at all.

Don't we have a logjam at defense although its thin and injured? Greene Larsson Fayne Volchenkov Salvador Foster Taormina Tallinder, there really isn't any significant upgrades on defense that are out there, and if there is we would have to give up a lot. There are places on our top 9 that can be improved, and even our 4th line can be improved. I don't see Sykora lasting long on the 2nd line especially in the playoffs so a Dustin Brown will help tremendously, and you also have to remember that Zajac will take a long time to get back into form. I think one of the defensemen have to go because we have too many when they are all healthy, and by doing this it will strengthen our offense while not hurting the defense too much.

Edited by Zubie#8

IncarceratedBob is a charlatan, can people stop quoting his stuff here

I don't see a fit here if Brooks is to be believed about the Kings needing an NHL-ready D man - maybe they want Mark Fayne? Still, that's clearly not sufficient, and I don't know what else the Devils have to offer (Clarkson?). Fayne/Clarkson probably works but I don't see why LA would do that, nor the Devils.

Edited by Triumph

i don't want to downplay the significance of this at all. chemistry in the room is a HUGE part of it and a reason why i don't think the devils do anything. we're all just spitballing here. greene is well liked in that room for sure and has been around for several years with this team. but if they could get brown for greene/tedenby2nd, they HAVE to do it. this is more than thinking about this year - this is thinking about next year and a possible (if not likely) parise defection.

the defense could withstand the departure of andy greene at this point. when larsson is back next week and tallinder in 3 weeks, they're going to be scratching at least one if not two defensemen who have proven quite capable of playing NHL minutes.

and people want the rangers to get nash not because it will "mess up chemistry" but because he's not THAT good (he's good mind you, just not as good as he's paid) and it's a cap killing contract that almost assuredly removes them as a parise destination.

Don't we have a logjam at defense although its thin and injured? Greene Larsson Fayne Volchenkov Salvador Foster Taormina Tallinder, there really isn't any significant upgrades on defense that are out there, and if there are we would have to give up a lot. There are places on our top 9 that can be improved which will also strengthen the 4th line. I dont see Sykora lasting long on the 2nd line especially in the playoffs. I think one of the defensemen have to go because we have too many when they are all healthy.

Only five of those guys automatically factor in next year. Sal's on his last year and Tao/Foster are expendable. It's not a logjam this year until the playoffs, and who knows if someone gets hurt by the time Tallinder comes back.

Only five of those guys automatically factor in next year. Sal's on his last year and Tao/Foster are expendable. It's not a logjam this year until the playoffs, and who knows if someone gets hurt by the time Tallinder comes back.

I have to get out of my win the cup now mentality and think more like you B )

Completely agree.

And Greene has been holding the fort playing great hockey with Tallinder out. We cant afford to let him go now. I'm not ready to have two rookie Dmen heading into the playoffs in Larsson and Tao (rookie, 2nd year, pt is hes young and inexperienced).

Oh, and again, Dustin Brown isnt even that good a player. They should send US picks if we deal for him.

Edited by devlman

if we take brown without outmen in offense - our offensive line will be teethbrokly (if it full of healthy)

zach with adam and ilya

david with Czech`s

zubrus with poni and zajac

bernier, brown and jacob

If Dustin Brown ends up on the Devils, there is no chance that he's playing on the fourth fvcking line. He would become our first line RW very quickly.

Who do you think are core players and untradeable (exclude Zajac/Tallinder)?

My take: Kovy, Henrique, Parise, Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Volchenkov, Larsson, both Goalies (Core, i know some would disagree, but my favorite in playoffs is Zubrus hands down, Hulk needs anger, Zubrus needs playoffs)

I think the rest of the players are pretty much tradeable, but the following have high value to the team and could disrupt some chemistry: Bernier, Poni, Josefson, Greene, Fayne, Salvador (Important Group)

Rest of the players are tradeable including all prospects not named Merrill.

What would it take to get Dustin Brown from this pack without touching the core?

Edited by Anhkheg

Who do you think are core players and untradeable (exclude Zajac/Tallinder)?

My take: Kovy, Henrique, Parise, Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Volchenkov, Larsson, both Goalies (Core, i know some would disagree, but my favorite in playoffs is Zubrus hands down, Hulk needs anger, Zubrus needs playoffs)

I think the rest of the players are pretty much tradeable, but the following have high value to the team and could disrupt some chemistry: Bernier, Poni, Josefson, Greene, Fayne, Salvador (Important Group)

Rest of the players are tradeable including all prospects not named Merrill.

What would it take to get Dustin Brown from this pack without touching the core?

Unless the Kings were willing to take prospects and picks only, theres no way a deal for Brown gets done without someone of value or the "core" as you put it. Hes also really durable and a team captain. He's also signed through 14-15 (at 3.5!). Thats a valuable piece and the Kings are not out of the race.

IMO if a trade for Brown is to go down, we're not getting him without at least 1 of your "core" going the other way.

We dont get Brown without losing one of Henrique or Josefson going the other way IMO.

Edited by ghdi

why the hell does LA want to get rid of Dustin Brown anyway???

ok hahahaha im saying this because i have no shame... for SOME weird ass reason i was thinking Brown was a Dman. im an idiot, i know, but i will also say that i am no longer that interested in getting him. especially if the only option is disrupting what we have.

Edited by Onddeck