Israel/Hamas

LOULAM1

If the cost of Israeli security is a 50% civilian casualty rate than it is not acceptable. If all that high tech advanced missiles you keep talking about (and make no mistake, the Israeli air force is second to none in the world) can't do better then 50% civilian casualty rate then they have no business carrying out any attacks.

Except it's not the missiles that are failing to achieve less than 50% civilians, it's Hamas doing everything in their power to cause as many civilian deaths as possible. This video provides interesting detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZMvOPfCvs

Therefore, according to your plan, Hamas would win. Hamas would force Israel to stop its campaign by killing their own civilians, and they would win. They would then continue on their attacks on Israeli cities. Good plan.

Yea Israel really caved to heckling :rolleyes: They do as they please in that region with no regard to what the outside world thinks. I'm not saying that's Necessarily a bad thing, I have relatives in Israel and I understand the notion of defending your people, but I have no problem calling out both injustices on both sides. I don't disagree with some of your other statements but you are rambling at this point.

No, I'm showing you that the idea that Israel should stop what it's doing because of Hamas' tactics is plain suicidal.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it's not the missiles that are failing to achieve less than 50% civilians, it's Hamas doing everything in their power to cause as many civilian deaths as possible. This video provides interesting detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZMvOPfCvs

Therefore, according to your plan, Hamas would win. Hamas would force Israel to stop its campaign by killing their own civilians, and they would win. They would then continue on their attacks on Israeli cities. Good plan.

I never once said that Hamas wasn't cowardly hiding behind it's civilians. I said there has got to be a better way then a 50% civilian casualty rate and if there isn't a better way then it's better to not do it at all.

Darwin....the idiots will be eliminated, if you believe something that is provably false your eventually going to go down with that belief. So either believing god is coming to save the chosen people of Israel (.25% of the world), or believing you will go to heaven and fvck virgins if you defend Islam is crazy. Can't people just be honest with themselves and stop being afraid of dieing. People actually looked for truth and not to ancient books man wrote because they couldn't understand existence we might get somewhere in the world.

I never once said that Hamas wasn't cowardly hiding behind it's civilians. I said there has got to be a better way then a 50% civilian casualty rate and if there isn't a better way then it's better to not do it at all.

But if Israel doesn't do this, it's better to have millions of Israelis terrorized, schools attacked, villages attacked, thousands wounded? I think we've been able to reach a lot of common ground in the debate, but your idea that Israel should have just sit back and taken it just because of a 50% casualty rate is crazy. Like I said, the blood of all those civilians are on the hands of Hamas for their actions, and Israel should not be afraid to defend themselves because Hamas is using civilians as shields.

Let them kill each other. They are fighting over things in their imagination. Their holy land isn't holy. Why are we helping anyone defend or attack something that means nothing.

fvck Israel and fvck Palestine. Religious idiots.

I think it is very hard for the average American - myself included - to understand what is going on over there and what religion means to them. Our concept of war is one lasting a couple of years, in the middle east its thousands of years.

I, for one, am extremely pleased at initial reports saying Sen. George Mitchell will be President Obama's Middle East envoy. If true, it signals the President's determination from Day One that this is a situation to be addressed rather than ignored.

Abe Foxman's reaction is a "Whaaaaa???"

Some Jewish leaders say the very qualities that may appeal to the Obama administration

I, for one, am extremely pleased at initial reports saying Sen. George Mitchell will be President Obama's Middle East envoy. If true, it signals the President's determination from Day One that this is a situation to be addressed rather than ignored.

Abe Foxman's reaction is a "Whaaaaa???"

Article Here

Sen. Mitchell was officialed today. Good luck Senator, it's a big job. but if anyone can do it, you can.

Why don't people realize they are fighting over imaginary sh!t.

That kind of dissent probably isn't tolerated there I'd imagine. Maybe the ones who do realize that aren't willing to risk their lives to speak up, or they figure the fighting has been going on so long and it's so passionate that there is no point in trying to convince anyone.

Why don't people realize they are fighting over imaginary sh!t.

The people in the area base their life around religion so it is not even a question that it is real to them. Religion being the strongest point in some peoples lives are worth fighting and yes, dying over so they aren't going to change.

From the Guardian

Israeli soccer matches were suspended during the assault on Gaza. When the games resumed last week, the fans had come up with a new chant: "Why have the schools in Gaza been shut down?" sang the crowd. "Because all the children were gunned down!" came the answer.
Chance would have it that Abu Humus, a long-time peace activist and member of the Fatah party, is a personal friend of ours. In 2001, he joined Ta'ayush Arab-Jewish Partnership, and since then has selflessly organised countless peace rallies and other joint activities. During the past eight years, we have spent many hours at each other's homes and our children have grown up respecting and liking one other. It is hard to believe that just one month ago he attended the Bar Mitzvah of Yigal's son in a Jerusalem synagogue.
We emphasise the Palestinian children because so many of them have been killed and terrorised in the past month. Yet it is clear that Israeli children are suffering as well, particularly those who have spent long periods in shelters for fear of being hit by rockets.

The one message that is being conveyed to children on both sides of this fray is that the other side is a bloodthirsty monster. In Israel, this was instantly translated into gains for the hate-mongering Yisrael Beytenu party headed by the xenophobic Avigdor Lieberman, who is now the frontrunner in mock polls being held in many Jewish high schools, with the hawkish Binyamin Netanyahu coming in second.

Hatred, in other words, is the great winner of this war. It has helped mobilise racist mobs, and as the soccer chant indicates it has left absolutely no place for the other, undermining even basic empathy for innocent children. Israel's masters of war must be happy: the seeds of the next wars have certainly been sown.

Same as it ever was.

Edited by Copper Kettle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.