ATrain Suspended 4 Games

jagknife

I am sorry, but this is horsesh!t biased crap and the league is clearly kicking the Devils while they're down. No way in hell is this 4 games worth. Four games is for very serious incidents....volchy just basically got careless for a second. He's not Carcillo or Prust running around like a maniac

Just some perspective...this earned Nash 0 games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9bnDREbRts this is a leaping elbow/forearm to the head. 

the league has no credibility and it plays favorites. And they don't even try to hide it anymore

I am sorry, but this is horsesh!t biased crap and the league is clearly kicking the Devils while they're down. No way in hell is this 4 games worth. Four games is for very serious incidents....volchy just basically got careless for a second. He's not Carcillo or Prust running around like a maniac

Just some perspective...this earned Nash 0 games 

this is a leaping elbow/forearm to the head. 

the league has no credibility and it plays favorites. And they don't even try to hide it anymore

The Rick Nash non-call/suspension was a terrible one, but it shouldn't take anything away from this incident. This Volchenkov suspension was fair; it was a dirty play, his eyes aren't on the puck. We could play tit-for-tat since the beginning of suspensions on what calls were fair or not, and this one's fair.

Should Rick Nash have gotten 2-3 games at least? Yes... But that has nothing to do with Volchenkov also deserving 3-4 games. Plays like this should be eliminated from the game, and quite honestly, removing Volchenkov from our lineup just made us a bit better team.

Volchenkov's suspension just raised our playoff chances from 10% to 15%. It's still a longshot, but I honestly believe we are a better team without him. He makes at least 5 mistakes a period, and now he throws dirty hits like this? If he never plays for this team again it'll be for the better..unless somehow this suspension wakes him up and he comes back next season ready to play some real hockey. 

The first goal last night was like a 75/25 combo effort (or lack thereof) caused by Volchenkov and Salvador. We'll be a better team without him. Larsson makes mistakes too, but maybe 1 or 2 of the types of mistakes that Volchenkov has been making 5 or 6 of per game...

I just can't take him and Sal seriously when they end up out of the game, and the other 4 guys... including one who should NEVER be killing a penalty, kill off a major pretty easily, which leads to a SHG.    I know Boston was dead on their feet for most of the game, but c'mon, being able to get to the corners and get the puck... and get back in position, made a big difference.   If they were both out there for the major, the Bruins still would have sleepwalked into a couple of goals.

I just can't take him and Sal seriously when they end up out of the game, and the other 4 guys... including one who should NEVER be killing a penalty, kill off a major pretty easily, which leads to a SHG.    I know Boston was dead on their feet for most of the game, but c'mon, being able to get to the corners and get the puck... and get back in position, made a big difference.   If they were both out there for the major, the Bruins still would have sleepwalked into a couple of goals.

I literally was saying to my friend that if Volch got suspended that at least the Devs would be forced to play someone else. All I saw was silver lining, no gray clouds here, lol.

This is totally ridiculous, as are just about all conclusions based on 5 minutes worth of game time.  The Bruins did not take that 5 minute power play seriously at all - NJ played it very well, but the Bruins weren't exactly pressing for a goal.

This is totally ridiculous, as are just about all conclusions based on 5 minutes worth of game time.  The Bruins did not take that 5 minute power play seriously at all - NJ played it very well, but the Bruins weren't exactly pressing for a goal.

Tri, they suck and they're immobile.    Boston may not have taken it "seriously" (which is strange on Boston's part), but they were still unable to work the puck around the boards.    I like Sal, but the writing is on the wall with these guys and playing them together just exaggerates the effect.

I am actually surprised with how many people thought he'd get more than 4. I'm not trying to be a homer but when's the lat time we saw a suspension for 5 games.. I'm SURE it was more of an attack than Volch's was.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a suspension but four games is pretty serious

This isn't a conspiracy against the Devils, its literally a facet of the NHL operations that literally fails at their jobs.

It's no secret there is horrendous inconsistency from the NHL Department of Player Safety but nothing is done about it year after year.

Each questionable hit, Shannahan takes his modified Twister Spinner and lets fate decide the punishment. Then he records his videos with as straight of face as possible and reads a generic script.

EDIT: I agree with the Volchenkov suspension, there's only a 3-4 inch difference between he and Marchand, no need for the elbow to go right to his head. From my angle at the game, i thought he lead with the shoulder, the other angles proved me wrong.

Edited by jagknife