Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

not a bad deal for zubes i feel 3yr@3per.. i read this article last night. Ive come to the conclusion that has i shouldve already known clarkson is not going to do any dealings with us until the market for him opens..which is obviously a no brainer but i guess i was just hoping other wise

I tend to agree with this prediction.  If Clarkson bolts, go after Bickel. 

Because Bicke;l isn't getting overpaid too? No way. He's basically like Clarky except he's like Clarky at the end of last year, just put up the best numbers of his career where had one less point than he did in 71 games last year and potted all those big goals in the playoffs, he's gonna get paid some serious cash. I'd be very wary of Bickell because as with Clarkson at the end of last year, we didn't know if that would continue and we really still debate whether his scoring is for real at this point. Bickell seems like a carbon copy of Clarkson at this point, but isn't as proven or familiar to the Devils org.

Edited by ATLL765

Leino was given a ridiculous deal because they thought he could play center.  A lot of Bickell's performance was his linemates, though.  As I keep saying, the problem with deals signed this year will not be cap hit - there's just not a lot of money around - it will be length.  Bickell being 27 means that unless someone trots out a 6 year deal they'll probably get okay value on the whole thing.

Anisimov signs in Columbus, 3 years 9.85M

Edited by Triumph

one of the hundreds of reason i hate the french media at RDS.

After the cup game they we're talking about free agency. Guy Carboneau, Mario Tremblay and 2 other guys that you probably don't know anyway. But they just went

"But to talk about a team in trouble, it's your old team Mario, the New Jersey Devils." (then he looked at his sheet holding it up high) "they have 6 forwards signed for next season. Kovalchuk, Zajac, Carter, Bernier, Barch, Gionta and on defence Volchenkov, Tallinder, Salvadore, Greene, Fayne and Larsson... they have Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Harrold hitting free agency. They have a 200 millions debt and the owner missed the first payement so they won't be able to sign anyone really. Well... who's gonna play for them next year?!? they dont even have a full roster." They TOTALLY ignored all of our RFAs without even naming them lol

Then Mario tremblay went saying that he thinks Clarkson is gone but that they'll keep the rest bla bla bla

i mean... seriously thats what i HATE about them. They'll get some kind of news and just report it without looking at the details and not even coming back on it eventually. They reported every single time there was a rumours of bankruptcy or something but never reported when the report was denied by the league or when the refinancement was done. fvcking ridiculous.

then i have to deal with all those morons who doesnt know better who come to me saying. "Soooo the Devils are broke uh? they have no money and will move soon hahahaha!" fvck them.

Edited by SterioDesign

Henrique at 3/m year? For what? He was AWFUL last year without Zach.

He'll probably get that, since he's a young center with decent potential, but man..I won't be happy if he gets over 2.5 a year.

I mean, he definitely took a step back but was still on pace to score 20+ goals

one of the hundreds of reason i hate the french media at RDS.

After the cup game they we're talking about free agency. Guy Carboneau, Mario Tremblay and 2 other guys that you probably don't know anyway. But they just went

"But to talk about a team in trouble, it's your old team Mario, the New Jersey Devils." (then he looked at his sheet holding it up high) "they have 6 forwards signed for next season. Kovalchuk, Zajac, Carter, Bernier, Barch, Gionta and on defence Volchenkov, Tallinder, Salvadore, Greene, Fayne and Larsson... they have Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Harrold hitting free agency. They have a 200 millions debt and the owner missed the first payement so they won't be able to sign anyone really. Well... who's gonna play for them next year?!? they dont even have a full roster." They TOTALLY ignored all of our RFAs without even naming them lol

Then Mario tremblay went saying that he thinks Clarkson is gone but that they'll keep the rest bla bla bla

i mean... seriously thats what i HATE about them. They'll get some kind of news and just report it without looking at the details and not even coming back on it eventually. They reported every single time there was a rumours of bankruptcy or something but never reported when the report was denied by the league or when the refinancement was done. fvcking ridiculous.

then i have to deal with all those morons who doesnt know better who come to me saying. "Soooo the Devils are broke uh? they have no money and will move soon hahahaha!" fvck them.

So now we go from 40 million dollars in arena debt to 200 million.

Brilliant.

Too bad no one is buying that trashy NY Post piece.

Edited by TheMazz

Henrique getting 500K more than optimal deal is not a killer. I'm more concerned about the #s the older players are going to be getting. 

exactly, especially since were not even near the cap so theres rooms and its not like we have to suqeeze all those top players and that every 500k matters. It matters but for the owners pocket and thats it.

exactly, especially since were not even near the cap so theres rooms and its not like we have to suqeeze all those top players and that every 500k matters. It matters but for the owners pocket and thats it.

And that might matter more than we'd like to acknowledge.  

And that might matter more than we'd like to acknowledge.  

yeah thats the sh!tty part. With team able to spend to the cap and beyond in salary its not a problem for fans. It sucks no knowing the limits 

As per Larry Brooks, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Tampa Bay Lightning have discussed a trade that would send Vincent Lecavalier, who has seven years and $45 million remaining on his contract, along with another asset to the Maple Leafs.

interesting

If the team is on an internal budget, every dollar matters more, not less.  

Now THAT is an interesting development...

Also, unrelated but also interesting, KHL apparently offered Bobrosky 10,000,000 (yes, that is correct) a year for multiple years.

http://en.rsport.ru/hockey/20130623/669811773.html

10m/year after a stellar 40 game season?  TAKE IT AND RUN BOB!