Martin Brodeur Final (?) Game Thread

devilsrule33

You know, Brodeur's possible last moments as a Devil have been completely killed for me on this board because of the insulting rhetoric that has been spewed towards him and the personal attacks that were levied in the past few months towards the person who has been face of the franchise for 20 years. I am very conflicted about this thread because of who the OP is - the guy who was behind basically bashing Brodeur into oblivion - but I guess I can consider this as an olive branch and a movement for board unity. So alas, que sera sera. Go Devils, go Marty!

You know, Brodeur's possible last moments as a Devil have been completely killed for me on this board because of the insulting rhetoric that has been spewed towards him and the personal attacks that were levied in the past few months towards the person who has been face of the franchise for 20 years. I am very conflicted about this thread because of who the OP is - the guy who was behind basically bashing Brodeur into oblivion - but I guess I can consider this as an olive branch and a movement for board unity. So alas, que sera sera. Go Devils, go Marty!

It's Brodeurs own fault for the way he's behaved and played. Nothing written on a message board should bother you, you don't have to read it. Enjoy Brodeur for all you like nobody is stopping you.

Edited by '7'

It's Brodeurs own fault for the way he's behaved and played. Nothing written on a message board should bother you, you don't have to read it. Enjoy Brodeur for all you like nobody is stopping you.

Exactly, on both points.

It's what Marty has said the past few months that has me soured on him this season.

That being said, this is a message board with a bunch of arm chair GMs.. No opinion should bother anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rivera and Jeter had it right. Just say its your last game and be done with it. Hell Mike Modano left the Stars on better terms and this situation is rather similar. Even if it wasn't his last game just his last game as a Devil its been soured.

What rivera and now what jeter is doing is so hacky and makes me loath them. You shouldnt get a prize from every team in the league. And riveras last game was the corniest thing ive ever seen, where he went out and toed the mound and took some dirt. Ughhh what drivel.

What rivera and now what jeter is doing is so hacky and makes me loath them. You shouldnt get a prize from every team in the league. And riveras last game was the corniest thing ive ever seen, where he went out and toed the mound and took some dirt. Ughhh what drivel.

Spoken like a Mets fan lol. Rivera is one of the classiest professional athletes to ever put on a uniform. The teams that honored him, well, that was of their own doing. It's not like Rivera walked into a stadium and expected gifts from other teams especially the Red Sox. Jeter is Jeter, and he deserves his own accolades (although i think he tends to put on a bit of an act he disguises as a "wall"), but these two players have been about as good of examples of professional athletes as you can get in today's sports landscape (fwiw...hockey is still the best in terms of players).

typical contrived Yankee nonsense. Basically pressures all the teams to give him gifts and kiss his rings. Even Gretzky didn't announce until like a few games left. The Yankees need a victory tour. barf

Edited by '7'

If I bought up Chipper Jones would that have been better? I'm a Mets fan so I hate Jeter as much as anyone.

With the game tied 1-1 late in the second and the Devils on a 2-on-1 break, of course Ryder figured it was a great time to try out a low-percentage, spin-around backhand.

Well he got the puck deep because who ever that was decided to give it back instead of shoot.