GDT: Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

And of course, the ENG to seal it.

If Tortorella ever starts Biron against the Devils again, he's a moron.

God f*ck the Rangers.

The Devils were just playing awful all night. Trying to pass between Henrique/Kovy/Zach when just putting it on net, Elias passing when he was all alone, bad defensive turnovers by Kovalchuk, just crappy all around offense. The D was pretty good but they just couldn't keep up the pace with the Rangers, who were dictating the game the entire time.

It wouldn't be so annoying except the Rangers are successful on the exact model that the Devils had success with, and they've been drafting higher so they're finally starting to show it.

Crappy time for the Devils to run into this one, now the losing streak is at 3.

And I would have preferred to never have another game broadcast by Pierre Maguire. Like I really wanted to listen to him suck the next Ranger d*ck in line on the bench every time they touched the puck.

Rangers won this game like vintage Devils teams did in the past. Defense and goaltending.

The Rangers are certainly amongst the top SC contenders. But as with those Devils teams they're just as likely to flame-out in the 1st or 2nd round when their offense totally dries up and their anemic power play is completely exposed.

Wow.....coupla really weak games for Zidlicky......

Seriously, that's what you got out of this game? Zidlicky was fine. The forwards failed to solve the Rangers defensive scheme all night. They tried too many cross ice passes and were too afraid to just drive to the net and get into the dirty areas. That means we were held to very few shots and the few chances we had, we once again looked like a team with nobody who can finish off a play. Very frustrating game. We need to get out of this rut by generating some offense. Some of it is puck luck, a lot of it is poor decision-making.

The refs didn't help either. Let the Rangers get away with tripping and interference all night long and then with all the rough stuff either called it in the Ranger's favor or even.

That's 3 in a row in regulation. Ok. sh!t happens. But they best 'nut up' in Boston and start scoring some fvcking goals.

My approach, to an extent. Seems like just about every contending team has a few WTF games in a row now and then. Devils were 23-8-3 before this hiccup, so as much as we didn't want to believe it, they were probably due for a bit of a downturn.

What sucks is how much Lundqvist owns them, and just seems to embed himself into their heads just a little bit more...it's hard to watch.

Pretty amazing that in such a tight game, they can still end up with three chances directly in front of the net...and of course, not even technically get a shot off on any one of them. The Elias one was simply mind boggling.

Clarktard didn't help things either...Kovy was forced to double shift way too much, and after playing last night, it was obvious he was gased by the third.

My approach, to an extent. Seems like just about every contending team has a few WTF games in a row now and then. Devils were 23-8-3 before this hiccup, so as much as we didn't want to believe it, they were probably due for a bit of a downturn.

What sucks is how much Lundqvist owns them, and just seems to embed himself into their heads just a little bit more...it's hard to watch.

The Devils need to change their mindset against Lundqvist. Drive the net. Get the puck on net and stop trying to make the perfect play to beat him. Get in his kitchen a little, frustrate HIM. Turn the tables and get in his head by constantly having people driving his crease. I'm hoping they figure this out at some point relatively soon.

The Devils need to change their mindset against Lundqvist. Drive the net. Get the puck on net and stop trying to make the perfect play to beat him. Get in his kitchen a little, frustrate HIM. Turn the tables and get in his head by constantly having people driving his crease. I'm hoping they figure this out at some point relatively soon.

I was saying the exact thing tonight. Not to mention the Rangers defense collapses on set up plays and drop passes in front of the net. Kovy ripping the puck on net and Parise and Henrique camping waiting for the rebound is what needs to happen. It happened a few times which I think is what lead to one of the post shots.

Better than trying to trick him with one extra pass...they did a better job tricking themselves. You can see that they think it's going to take the perfect play to beat him.