GDT: Game 4 Devils @ Canucks 10pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Looks like Fayne and Olesz are in tonight for Devils. Larsson and Carter coming out.

I was hoping Gionta and Harroldwere out but o well.

Olesz for Gionta would be nice, adding some size to the 4th Line.  Fayne will help out with some speed and mobilty on D.

Larsson said it is frustrating to be the one sitting out again, " but I’m not going to hang my head just because of one game...."

Larsson cont: "...We’ll see what happens after next game. So, we’ll see, but I’m not happy about it.”

I think we would have been better off with less depth then more depth, apparently the higher up's don't know how to use it.

Did DeBoer have a traumatic brain injury after the finals? It's the only way to explain how incompetent he's been since then w/ personnel. He's basically Randy Carlyle with a better GM now 

Edited by DH26

I never would've thought coming into this year that I would be furious/disappointed in all things Devils BUT the offense, but that seems to be the case. Just unreal.

yeah thats the best way to keep our future players interested in being a Devils long term. Frustrating them year after year sitting them for old slow vets who shouldn't be there. 

I feel bad especially for Larsson who took LESS money not taking his bonus to be able to step in the NHL right away, saving the teams ass with salary cap and he's getting rip off like that all the time and they sat him when he had his one and only chance to play against his idol in Detroit 2 years ago while he clearly was better than guys who played that night.

I gotta agree that Gio is always wide open and thats something to rubs on other players to have a guy like that. And i actually like Harrold, he may not be the best defensively but he's creating stuff... he's not going on a straight path to the red line and slap the puck around the boards every single time he gets the puck like Volch and Sal

Edited by SterioDesign

Happy Fayne is back in the line up but Larsson shouldn't be the one sitting despite having 2 dreadful games to open the year. The kid needs to play to develop. I don't want to hear, "its good for young guys to observe a game now and then" since I can already see Larsson getting yo-yo'd around while Harrold and Volchenkov stay in the line up no matter what.

Greene, Fayne, and Larsson should be constants. Of course Salvador and Zidlicky will stay in no matter what. One of Harrold or Volchenkov should sit.

Carter hasn't been at his best but Gionta is still the problem on that line. I like Olesz and he deserves a shot so I won't nitpick too much on that one.  What really grinds my gears is that Josefson sits while Gionta continues to play. Really don't like the way the Devils have handled Josefson's development at all.

So help me God, this team better play mistake-free hockey in front of Schneids and get him this W. Enough of the bullsh!t defensive breakdowns. LGD. EDIT: and now I see its Larsson who sits for Fayne, just brilliant Pete. You're the master buddy.

Edited by MadDog2020

maybe pete just doesnt have the balls to sit one of the vet players over the younger kids.. i mean why else would he continue to keep doing this.. Larsson doesnt deserve to sit over volch that dumb ass or harrold. Only thing i could think of.. pete has no balls OR hes secretly trying to destruct the teams success from the inside out.. HMMM.. although you cant rule out any option i think pete just has no balls that must be it.. or maybe he could even be blind.. maybe he has Alzheimer's? and cant remember who is who??

Can someone please tell me what Pete sees in Harrold and Gionta that we don't see?  I love Gionta.  I mean you'd almost say I have a creepy obsession with him.  But good god he's not gonna do anything for this team at the moment.  Gio is strictly an energy guy with no skill.  Josefson actually has skill.

Edited by Mike Brown

Can someone please tell me what Pete sees in Harrold and Gionta that we don't see?  I love Gionta.  I mean you'd almost say I have a creepy obsession with him.  But good god he's not gonna do anything for this team at the moment.  Gio is strictly an energy guy with no skill.  Josefson actually has skill.

They're scrappy vets.    

Harrold is better than Larsson right now.  Zidlicky is too.  So it's either move a guy off his natural side to the left and scratch Volchenkov, or let Larsson sit a game.

I prefer the former.  But whatever.

I think them leaving was worse than Parise/Clarkson/Kovy leaving.

Robinson was the biggest loss.  Oates I'm not so sure since his PP's weren't very good.

Harrold is better than Larsson right now.  Zidlicky is too.  So it's either move a guy off his natural side to the left and scratch Volchenkov, or let Larsson sit a game.

According to HF, Larsson played the left side growing up.  Apparently the Devils have never taken this into consideration with Pete's obsession with having lefties on the left side and vice-versa.