Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,022 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

With this last run of playoff tickets costing an arm and a leg, my wallet will be perfectly fine with getting a refund for half this season. Ill miss watching hockey but the money factor will even it out for me.

#22 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

With this last run of playoff tickets costing an arm and a leg, my wallet will be perfectly fine with getting a refund for half this season. Ill miss watching hockey but the money factor will even it out for me.

This. And hoping for discounts getting the fans back involved. College nights. Combine that with having an older team that could use some rest.

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Unlike the NFL, hockey players have options. There are leagues all over Europe. It won't hurt the players at all to ship out for a while. The owners need to get their sh!t together so they don't have to put their fans through this bullsh!t every 5 years.

Those leagues also have players too. The mundane players don't get much out of a lockout. The stars do, so really the rank and file got fvcked by the last lockout, they lost a year of earnings while the big guns made out nicely... well, except for Elias, he got the hep.

Maybe it's me getting older, but I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about things like this. Especially this one, which looks resolvable. You're not investing any time or money if nothing happens. Nothing is being taken from you. The footstomping and the "I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR AGAIN.... GARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!" stuff is just funny. Even funnier because the people that get that angry will be the first people to line up to blow their money when the opportunity arises.

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Four people voted never? :lol:

I don't know why people take 'this' personally either. Yeah it's stupid that millionaires fight billionaires to the extent they do in the big four sports but what are they really taking from us during a lockout besides entertainment that you can find in any number of places anyway? We lose entertaninment but gain money (from canceled games and discounts when they do come back) and time saved not watching, going to and posting about these games.

Of course I'm hoping this is settled in the next two weeks, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't. And hockey's not going to suffer, if canceling a whole season didn't destroy ticket sales, very little they do this year could.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 September 2012 - 07:21 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Four people voted never? :lol:

I don't know why people take 'this' personally either. Yeah it's stupid that millionaires fight billionaires to the extent they do in the big four sports but what are they really taking from us during a lockout besides entertainment that you can find in any number of places anyway? We lose entertaninment but gain money (from canceled games and discounts when they do come back) and time saved not watching, going to and posting about these games.

Of course I'm hoping this is settled in the next two weeks, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't. And hockey's not going to suffer, if canceling a whole season didn't destroy ticket sales, very little they do this year could.

I agree with you. It's all about greedy owners both in the NHL and the NFL (NFL with the lockout of refs and using scabs)

#26 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

You're only punishing yourself.. I never understand this type of protest.. Let them take care of their business and then enjoy watching Devils hockey when it's back.. Besides, it's the rich teams like the Rangers and Flyers who are really screwing this up by wanting the players to subsidize the poorer teams, not themselves.. But punish the Devils for it.. Eh we don't need fans or money anyway right

Bro I pay 3x what you pay . . . . Who is being punished? I will save my $$$ and do what I wish to do with it. Not have the Devils or ANY other team in any other sport control my time, plus they hold your money for months and months now NO product.
You wait around and let the devils control your schedule and time.
As far as the "fans" go you can't even call them fair weather becuase "the fans" couldn't even full that arena during the playoffs or the Stanley Cup, some fans . . . . I don't want to hear they were sold out because there where MANY open seats for all the post season games . . . I know I was there, just saying

#27 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Bro I pay 3x what you pay . . . . Who is being punished? I will save my $$$ and do what I wish to do with it. Not have the Devils or ANY other team in any other sport control my time, plus they hold your money for months and months now NO product.
You wait around and let the devils control your schedule and time.
As far as the "fans" go you can't even call them fair weather becuase "the fans" couldn't even full that arena during the playoffs or the Stanley Cup, some fans . . . . I don't want to hear they were sold out because there where MANY open seats for all the post season games . . . I know I was there, just saying

You need to get glasses my man. What is the definition of "MANY" to you? 2? 10? In all seriousness, the Rock was packed throughout the playoffs, including the 1st round vs. Florida. These were the best playoff crowds we've had in a long, long time. While the Devils had to use student discount offers to fill the building in round 1, all tickets were eventually sold. I did see some open seats in the lower tier corners for round 1 but I can tell you that those tickets were sold as I tried to pick-up a pair and upgrade downstairs before each game on ticketmaster and they were sold out. Tickets could be had on StubHub, but I wasn't paying the prices those people were asking for them so I stayed where my season tix were.

After Round 1, there wasn't a seat in the house for the Flyers and Rags series, except for maybe a couple here or there that scalpers couldn't get rid of. Same thing with the Cup finals.

I was at every game throughout the playoffs and you're just wrong. Good jub trying to perpetuate the stereotype though.
Posted Image

#28 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I was at every playoff game and the only empty seats I saw were the club seats but the people were inside the club getting food or watching the game from up there.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

So empty...

Fan Cam Game 1
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

You need to get glasses my man. What is the definition of "MANY" to you? 2? 10? In all seriousness, the Rock was packed throughout the playoffs, including the 1st round vs. Florida. These were the best playoff crowds we've had in a long, long time. While the Devils had to use student discount offers to fill the building in round 1, all tickets were eventually sold. I did see some open seats in the lower tier corners for round 1 but I can tell you that those tickets were sold as I tried to pick-up a pair and upgrade downstairs before each game on ticketmaster and they were sold out. Tickets could be had on StubHub, but I wasn't paying the prices those people were asking for them so I stayed where my season tix were.

After Round 1, there wasn't a seat in the house for the Flyers and Rags series, except for maybe a couple here or there that scalpers couldn't get rid of. Same thing with the Cup finals.

I was at every game throughout the playoffs and you're just wrong. Good jub trying to perpetuate the stereotype though.

you can be the top mman on this page, if you are telling me there are 2 - 10 seats open you are drinking the kool aid for sure there really is NO discussion here I was there and know what I saw. Believe what you will. Maybe the rafters were missing a few seats but not the lower bowl. Cheap devils fans strike again . . . .

#31 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,481 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

I was at every game. I'm with the almost no unfilled seats people, it was packed.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm usually one of those fans who is quick to point out the devils attendance numbers and how they fudge them. That being said I will admit that throughout the playoffs the arena was indeed packed to the brim and to say there were tons of empty seats is nonsense

#33 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

you can be the top mman on this page, if you are telling me there are 2 - 10 seats open you are drinking the kool aid for sure there really is NO discussion here I was there and know what I saw. Believe what you will. Maybe the rafters were missing a few seats but not the lower bowl. Cheap devils fans strike again . . . .

Stop acting like you were the only one there. I was at every game too. I don't have to believe anything. The Rock was packed save a seat or 2 here or there that probably weren't resold on StubHub. The Devils sold all seats to every game so it was, indeed, a sellout every night of the playoffs this season, regardless of the exact # of people that showed up. Some people just love to complain, even when there is nothing to complain about.
Posted Image

#34 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

:lol: You are so obviously full of sh!t.

Edited by devilsfan26, 07 September 2012 - 04:04 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#35 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Does anyone think a lockout will be averted? I am starting to lose hope that I will be able to attend a game this season. :evilcry: Though I will try to be at opening night if possible. :cheers:

On a positive note at least I will be in Newark during games... God help an rangers players that have to be seen in the ED however... :whistling: :rolleyes:

Edited by Dead, 07 September 2012 - 05:42 AM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#36 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

I was really looking forward to the preseason devils/isles game at barclays on 10/2. That is looking very unlikely at this point.
Posted Image

#37 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

KatieStrangESPN: #CBA NHL, NHLPA have been talking for two hours now. Interpret that as you wish

Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL
Don Fehr didn't say much, just that NHL and NHLPA "are still trying to bridge the gap."

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Don Fehr said there is really no news to report and he did not want to say what was discussed. It's possible they meet again later today.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also declined to characterize meeting but said "it's always good to have dialogue"

Edited by Zubie#8, 07 September 2012 - 11:58 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#38 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Stop acting like you were the only one there. I was at every game too. I don't have to believe anything. The Rock was packed save a seat or 2 here or there that probably weren't resold on StubHub. The Devils sold all seats to every game so it was, indeed, a sellout every night of the playoffs this season, regardless of the exact # of people that showed up. Some people just love to complain, even when there is nothing to complain about.

It was probably a small number, probably less than 20, but at least during the morning of SCF game days, there were club seats available on Ticketmaster.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#39 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

It was probably a small number, probably less than 20, but at least during the morning of SCF game days, there were club seats available on Ticketmaster.

You're probably right. But those must have been hold backs that the team released because every time I looked for tickets in the lower bowl (including clubs) for myself or friends on Ticketmaster, nothing was available.

The Devils often call regular season games a sellout where 1/3 of the club seats are empty (much like the Yankees, Giants and Jets - these teams don't consider premium club seating part of the general admission that counts towards what they determine is a reported sellout). However, that clearly wasn't the case during the playoffs as even the club sections were full.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 07 September 2012 - 12:37 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Kevin Paul Dupont‏@GlobeKPD
League and PA say little after today's session. Often an initial sign of progress. Less interest in using media as strategy.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users