Cheap spots for parking?

BrooklynBound

From a businessman's standpoint I just applaud the owners of those parking lots. Honestly, they are just taking advantage of the fear that the people of Jersey's suburbs have of Newark. Not going to get racial, but we all know who is fearing who.. It's really stupid too, because the area around the stadium is VERY safe. My dad's a lawyer in Newark, so he knows where the crimes are committed and it's nowhere near Broad Street. Actually, a lot of the people on Broad Street talk to me after games about who won and how it was. I love it, because it's really the beginning of getting Newark interested in hockey. Never would have happened if the Devils stayed at IZOD..

Back to point. If you want to park in a secured lot then you're going to have to bend over and take their prices. I just thank my dad for showing me where the free parking is.

i generally park for free on market street or find someplace down broad.. I usually don't ever have to park farther away than court street.

I had the train pass last year when I was a season ticket holder, and when I found that I could always park for free I wished I hadn't done that. I'd get home an hour faster if I drove, and didn't have to sit in the cold waiting for the 10:30 train if I wanted to watch the end of the game.

Edited by Exit56

From a businessman's standpoint I just applaud the owners of those parking lots. Honestly, they are just taking advantage of the fear that the people of Jersey's suburbs have of Newark. Not going to get racial, but we all know who is fearing who.. It's really stupid too, because the area around the stadium is VERY safe. My dad's a lawyer in Newark, so he knows where the crimes are committed and it's nowhere near Broad Street. Actually, a lot of the people on Broad Street talk to me after games about who won and how it was. I love it, because it's really the beginning of getting Newark interested in hockey. Never would have happened if the Devils stayed at IZOD..

Back to point. If you want to park in a secured lot then you're going to have to bend over and take their prices. I just thank my dad for showing me where the free parking is.

You pay $25 IN the Meadowlands -- you pay $45 across the street from MSG - you pay $20 across the street from the beach - you pay $12 at Disney World... it has little to do w/ fear and more w/ sticking it you because you'll pay for it.

I usually park on Broad, and my Dad usually parks on Franklin.

If you get to the rock early enough you can get some really good spots, and sometimes you can even park right next to the rock (missed it by 1 car last sunday)

don't be scared about parking on the street, (not to sound pompous) but my Dad and I have pretty nice cars and have never had a problem.

Most times I have parked in a private lot on Market St., behind Newark Penn Station, for $10. You park it yourself, and there is never a wait to get in or out.

And last time I went to a game, I parked on the street for free just a few blocks further down on whatever street the Burger King is on, just off of Market.